Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Not a serious request: I want a mod that changes Nick's character model to Sam's from Sam & Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Depths posted:

A thing i want is to disable the battle music so i can just listen to the sweet ambient stuff instead

Along the same lines, I'll install any mod that adds the Fallout 1 & 2 soundtracks the moment it goes online.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's at least 2 or 3 major texture optimization mods at the moment. This is the one I'm using: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1204/

I was thinking of trying that out, along with this one since they recommend each other. I wonder if there's a correct install order for these things or if it doesn't really matter. I never usually mod games this early, but any optimization is nice to have.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

How good is this about music placement? I doubt any of those tracks will feel out of place or anything, but some might work better in some areas than others.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Revol posted:

I think I saw this requested earlier: Disable Minuteman Radiant Quests . Made with FO4Edit.

Excellent! Thanks for finding this.

A version of this mod that puts all radiant quests on bulletin boards like the ones at Diamond City would be nice too, then the option can remain open but easily ignored.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Amstrad posted:

Tits on the power armor might be end up being Fallout 4's tits on the molerat.

Imagine what people did with Forza liveries or all the weird anime DLC skins for planes in Ace Combat, just worse because it's all on Nexus.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

NickPancakes posted:

I also recommend Optimized Vanilla Textures if you have more free space than free VRAM, It improves performace/lessens GPU VRAM usage, without noticeably effecting texture quality.

Check out the recommended other performance-enhancing texture mods if you're still looking to squeak out some more frames and don't mind losing a little texture quality to accomplish it.

The description also mentions modifying some ini settings to increase the pop-in distance. This can be accomplished more simply via the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool, which can also serve as a replacement launcher and provides a nice interface for common ini tweaks.

All of these are useful, but I've stopped using Optimized Vanilla Textures (along with the recommended LOD mod) because of extended load times. One of the newer versions might solve that problem though, and anyone running the game on an SSD probably won't notice.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Its cool, I guess, but for once vanilla sounds fine to me. Now an energy weapons sound overhaul I can get behind.

I'd install a mod that adds all the Fallout 1 & 2 weapons and their sound effects. There was something like that for New Vegas but it wasn't great.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

randombattle posted:

Necropolis is for dead people and tombs are for dead people so clearly they are dead zombies.

So where's my Tomb Raider mod?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Kea posted:

Thinking on it I wonder if anyone has tried to change Curies body to an assaultron

Curie's brain in a cyberdog's body.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Looks like the Assault Phaser got ported to Fallout 4 while I wasn't paying attention. I liked it a lot in New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Kizurue posted:

I think it would be pretty cool if you would have random encounters while using the immersive fast travel mod. Have it do a RNG to see if you encounter enemies in route to wherever your going and then deposit you somewhere in between the two points to fight.

I'm picturing this working exactly like the world map in Fallout 1 & 2, complete with California Revisited playing in the background.

• Locked thread