Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Eonwe posted:

there are already some sweet rear end mods

Yeah I'm pretty happy, especially with this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/768/

It's a simple retexture for the X-01 suit's hot rid pink paint job, but god drat is it nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sonofsilversign posted:

As a dull luddite Mod Organizer confuses and scares me.

I was this way, until I had to update NMM to work with Witcher 3 and hosed my 60GB Skyrim install in the process. gently caress NMM :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

getting back from the glowing sea:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Songbearer posted:

loving aye is the F4 Script Extender out. C'mon baby, release that "Turn physics off for decoration items" mod already, papa's itchin' to fill his virtual shelves and desktops full of material goods.

I just want Signature Weapons back.

Falken posted:

I like to think that Capn Beeb cried a little when he realised there was no choke mod for the shotguns.

Because I did, too.

gently caress sake even Wasteland 2 has god drat chokes

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Reason posted:

I want someone to port Skyrim into FO4. That would be pimp.

I just want my dog hat and face paint/scars/eyes from Skyrim.

That's a face of a Psycho Jet fan is there ever was one :q:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

lalaland posted:

improved and more immersive facial expression mod released https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpS_8rK_mJA

Fallout 4: A Dreamworks Production.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

I need a mod that gets rid of the little half second delay when zooming in with scoped weapons. Got me killed twice because of it.

Also, we need more guns in this game. like a lot more. Like Millennia needs to get on this poo poo now and start porting over his New Vegas work.

There was a mod for New Vegas that changed how scopes work in that it put them in front of your eye without filling your screen, so whatever you looked through was magnified but everything else was normal. Wish I could find it, as it looked pretty neat.

And I really loving miss my lever actions and Not poo poo shotguns.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Azhais posted:

Need this option

This is also good.

Sonofsilversign posted:

Echoing the .50 cal sniper needs more power. Its okay but a stealth headshot from it should kill anything but the most badass enemies. It should really be armor piercing too but :shrug:

I wish you could convert the minigun to fire .50. poo poo, the three barrel slow spin upgrade is modeled after a .50BMG minigun.

At least then maybe I'd use the loving thing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I just found a legendary laser pistol with Endless Ammo. :stare:

Here Nick, now stop bugging me.

Those things still use ammo from inventory, they just don't have to be reloaded.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kea posted:

What could possibly go wrong?

Barrel life: Five, maybe six.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone know if one could chop out the BOS undershirt armor thing from Maxson's coat?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LumberingTroll posted:

Thats not really how 3d modeling works its all one piece, not layered clothing.

I managed to do it on some New Vegas outfits ages ago, although that depended on getting lucky with how the mesh was put together.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ubachung posted:

It feels like there should be more weapons that use .50 in this game, especially something semi/automatic. Level 4 Scrounger gives you more .50 ammo than you can realistically use and it seems really odd.

A .50 upgrade for the minigun would be terrific.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Honestly if you put a muzzle gizmo on the shotguns, it shouldn't reduce range. If anything, it should increase it. As well as accuracy.

Give me my loving chokes :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Does anyone know how to ungib yourself?

Ok strange question I know. I was flying around that steel plant in noclip because I wanted to test and see how far I could lob a grenade into a Gunner camp. Anyway I had godmode on too (God it's fun for loving around) so when I turned clipping back on... I fell into the smokestack and into some... lava? Molten metal? I don't know, but it's obviously supposed to gib you. Only with godmode on, I got gibs trapped inside me that peek out like bloody tumors in all my clothes and a big one in the skull the blocks the camera when I try to sneak.

I was hoping the problem would correct itself but it has not.

Punch this into the console:

player.removeitem 001E22E5

Falling into the smelter with god mode on adds a gibbed skeleton to your inventory for... some loving reason. :cripes:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Worked like like a charm. Thanks bud.

No prob, a friend of mine had the same problem and found the removeitem code shortly after. Such a strange thing to do :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Has anyone figured out if the 10mm pistol can be converted to .45?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Possibly, but the FO4edit weapon mod editing system doesn't allow you to do anything but put in integer values when you add components.

Booo :(

rope kid posted:

The nominal difference is less important than other elements of the cartridges' design (though F3/4 use relatively generic ammo designations), but a conversion could be useful simply if you have a lot more of one type of ammo.

Yeah honestly speaking converting a 10mm to .45ACP would be a power downgrade, unless you threw .45 Super down the pipe. :getin:

sean10mm posted:

Then again, in real life 10mm is more powerful and less common than .45 auto.

Good thing weapon condition is gone :v:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 29, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

Can you shoot down vertibirds?

:ocelot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
changes:
-laser sniper barrels made less poo poo
-regular sniper barrel now requires 1.5 seconds to charge (50% reduction in charge time), damage modifier raised to +200% damage
-improved sniper barrel now requires .75 seconds to charge (75% reduction), damage modifier raised to +150% damage
damage is still dogshit (25% of effective damage) when rapidly firing but it no longer takes an eon to charge for a normal damage shot, and charged shots are much better now so it's worth considering at least

I can only use this or Iron Rose's weapon rebalance, right?

I just want shotguns to group a little tighter :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I found a mod that adds Maxson's coat as standalone without the silly BOS undergear

:whatup:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

doesn't the "jackets of the wasteland" mod already do that w/ more jacket options?
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3571/

So it does, didn't see that earlier. Neat!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone done much stuff with porting New Vegas armors to Fallout 4?

I really miss my guy's glasses, he's had them since Fallout 3 :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I upgraded my PC and forgot to back up my mod folder like an idiot, is there an alternative to ArmorSmith? Or was its feature creep blown out of proportion?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Good to know, thanks :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Outstanding.

Which settlement building mod adds the Christmas stuff floating around in the world? I'm leaning towards Homemaker, but I need my holiday shenanigans :tfrxmas:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I got Homemaker and there are no Christmas lights, dang :( I just wanna string some lights along my porch. Is there a mod that'll play nice with Homemaker and OCDecorator that adds light strings?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

RaspberryCommie posted:

I just had the image of a horse popping open and then closing around the player like a suit of power armor.

I don't know if this is hilarious or horrifying.

Just don't take your horse to the Glowing Sea.

:unsmigghh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a mod that lets you replace roofs, doors, and windows on pre-made structures? I want to use the Taffington Boathouse as my home but drat it needs more sprucing up than I can do with the available tools.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gonkish posted:

The point is that Nexus is Nexus and will never, ever stop wanting ridiculously gigantic tits on their cyber waifus.

I'm kinda bummed about the change to texture and meshes stuff because I wanted to port my Skyrim character over :(

Hello yes I heard the Railroad could use some assistance. :)

Speaking of Skyrim, kinda odd that Fallout 4 got rid of the whole equipped weapons displaying on your character thing. That was neat.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

The modelling conundrum will also need to be solved before truly new stuff can be implemented. I'm sure it will be, but not when.

I've seen a few mods that add completely new items, so at least there's some hint of progress in that avenue.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

One thing I'm hoping for is a modder or team tries to make some nicely modeled, lore-friendly* energy weapons.

I can't wait for EVE to be ported to Fallout 4.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would it be possible for guns to remember if you reloaded them or not when you switch weapons, or is that just a engine quirk that can't be modded out?

In fallout 3 and 4 you can unload your 32 clip shotgun, and instead of dealing with the hefty reload penalty, you just switch to another gun and back to your fully loaded 32 clip.

There was a mod for this in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Once the script extender starts getting fleshed out some more, it should be doable.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Dang, guess my Fallout guy won't be getting his glasses and hat then :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

fallout 4 has cloud saves

Don't be me though and don't remember to turn cloud saving on. :downs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
There any decent mods that improve how energy weapons sound?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
To say nothing of getting animations to work with them.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Fallout 4 has much better animations and not-terrible ironsights unlike the older fallouts too, which means adding guns that are the same quality as the ones in the base game will be much more time consuming. It's something the game seriously needs though and I hope some dedicated modders are willing to make it happen once the tools are there for it. There are so few guns compared to new vegas.

Yeah. Considering the numerous animation overhauls for Skyrim, I'm hopeful we'll get folks making much needed animations for much needed new guns.

For gently caress's sake, there isn't even a pump action shotgun in Fallout 4. :cripes:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's lever action rifles I miss like hell

Yep, those too. And That Gun.

How the poo poo, with all the references to Blade Runner and synths in general, does Fallout 4 not loving have That Gun.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Those XT or whatever skeletons that lover's lab folks make are pretty nice, and when the animators make something that isn't Sithis' Sex Slave Immersion Overhaul or whatever but rather an animation overhaul/new animation pack it was usually decent stuff. Really hoping those Skyrim animation modders come to Fallout 4, given the utter lack of weapon types that are going to need new animations if weapon modders want their poo poo to work.

It's too bad they get bogged down with all the generic lab mods, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

That's neat as hell, but I never noticed the cylinder spins back and forth when the hammer's drawn.

This is what happens when you don't have a rope kid :v:

• Locked thread