Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

All I want is either a M60 or M249, the minigun is fun with power armour, but it's just not DAKKA enough :orks101:

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

All my mods have stopped working, loading my save game says none of them are present, but they're all there in MO, I even reinstalled them, any ideas?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Untill MO/NMM get patched can we get this:

Rasmussen posted:

:siren:You don't need to gently caress around adding * to txt files. Just do your MO poo poo as usual and when the game launches go into mods, log in and then press T, activate your mods and the game will restart and you're done.:siren:

In big ol' bold letters in OP?

Because editing those .ini files did poo poo for me, but this worked.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ugh, Getting back in after the release of far harbour. Trying to get WBO & functional displays working together, but the ESP for WBO's got a different name than expected and the compatibility patches all want them with different names and I'm not sure if I need the WBO patch from displays AND the displays patch from WBO and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffff

ha;lp

And I can't figure out how to rename the actual .esp rather than just the display name in mod organizer because the interface is butts

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

The Iron Rose posted:

you only need the patch on the WBO page

So I can just un-check that one with the missing master and call it a day?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

The Iron Rose posted:

Yep! You don't need the patch on the functional displays page. It's out of date, and deprecated since I have an updated one on my page.

Awesome, thanks for the help (and for making the mod in the first place :v)

Edit: Unchecked that patch, game won't launch at all. This loving game engine.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 22, 2016

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

If I'm using Weapon display stands and snap and build, but weapon display stands aren't showing up does it mean snap and build is overwriting them?

My load order look like this atm,

do I need to merge things? and how do I do that with MO2

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 25, 2016

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Still trying to get a relatively small install to play nice, even migrated from Mod organiser to NMM for better F04 EDIT integration to allow me to make merged patches, still broken bullshit.

Snap and build works, but the displays from functional displays and the reloading bench from craft-able ammo are in the settlement menu, but have no model and can't be placed, this is after making and applying a merged patch, before I even get into getting the WBO/display poo poo to work :shepicide:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

OwlFancier posted:

If you figure out what's causing that please share because a bunch of my stuff doesn't seem to work together either and it's annoying.

Ok, I've tried loving everything, I'm beginning to think it's a fuckup on Bethesda's implementation of mod support at this point, having more than one mod add poo poo to the settlement menu seems impossible, the first mod loaded will work fine then all subsequent mods will show up on the settlement menu, but the models wont be there and they'll be impossible to place and no amount of FO4Edit merged patches or load order fuckery will fix it.

I think mods that don't touch the settlement menu, like WBO are unaffected but i really don't know how to test that's working as intended without seeing some vanilla Vs WBO weapon stats so I can check which my game is using. Why is this so hard, i just want a pretty barbie dream house of guns :smith:

Edit: Also the dude that makes functional displays is a scrublord. When you put a gun in the display it references the generic ID, so your super modded legendary pistol will just be a "10mm pistol" on the display, rather than grabbing the actual ID of what you placed.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Midnight Voyager posted:

Functional display word

Turns out, it is I who is the scrublord.

(Still can't get displays loving working with snap and build + WBO anyway, tempted to just loving give up)

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

OwlFancier posted:

If you figure out what's causing that please share because a bunch of my stuff doesn't seem to work together either and it's annoying.

Hey it turns out I'm :downs:, and after fiddling with everything; F4edit, manual installs, etc I got things working because I forgot the most basic .ini change.

Go to: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\my games\Fallout4

Open Fallout4custom.ini and add the lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Saint Sputnik posted:

There's a short-handled version but I don't think you could tell the game to treat it like a one-handed pistol because the animations wouldn't be right. You could always slap a shotgun receiver on the flaregun at least.

God sticking the artillery flares in the flare gun should have been a thing from the get go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

most important mod

• Locked thread