Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

blue squares posted:

I just reinstalled after having not played this game since I think January. I read the last five pages and there is a lot of griping about mods not working. Should I wait? I wanted to try out the new survival mode and some interesting new mods developed in the five months since I last played

Most of the issues should be fixed if you have the newest version of the mod manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I really really hate the Power Armor but I'm one of those people who love to explore every inch of the map, every nook and cranny and of course Bethesda decided to give the Power Armor a jetpack. I see on the Nexus that there are several mods who claim to give you a "standalone" jetpack, but I was wondering if anyone in the thread could vouch for one.

If I wanted unlimited flight I'd just use tcl, so I'm looking for something with the same limitations as the Power Armor one.

I didn't see anyone respond to this, so I'll throw in my 2 cents. The CROSS jetpack (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12471/) works pretty well and seems fairly balanced.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Anyone have a mod they recommend that makes unarmed not garbage/boring/onlyhavelike3weapons?

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Segmentation Fault posted:

lol a disc launcher, combine this with the guy's jetpack mod and you get Fallout Tribes.

Somehow I can't get mad about this. Though, that gun model is kinda mediocre TBH.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Singing Sunflower posted:

Is there a good alternative start mod yet? Preferrably one that removes all the references to SHAUN :byodame: and the pre-war background.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13762/

This one is pretty alright. Lets you start in various settings with appropriate faction alliances and such. The OH NO MY SON HE IS ONLY A BABY stuff is (usually) put in terms of it being a weird dream thing or something (changes per scenario), but obviously doesn't do anything to remove the main plot entirely. I'm hoping he gets the "escaped synth" scenario implemented soon, but right now there's a couple BoS ones (runaway initiate and hopeful member ones), a Gunner start, a Raider start (everyone hates you in this one), a ghoul start, atom cats start, and a few other random ones.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

Between the two alt start mods posted above, I prefer the newer one. It had a couple movement/camera bugs initially that he ironed out pretty quick, should be solid now. It's faster than the other one since he doesn't make you sit through the Shaun kidnapping scene; and it's very flexible, lets you choose your profession and starting weapon and gear, and there are way more locations than the slightly older alt-start mod. He needs to add Goodneighbor tho.

I'm using this one
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13768/

It's worth noting that unless he changed it back, you don't have to sit through the kidnapping scene in the other one as of a few days back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

AfterFather posted:

People are re-uploading the mods and asking for donations.

Does anyone honestly think that the people doing these reuploads are actually getting any donations?

• Locked thread