Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Songbearer posted:

I'm just waiting for a decoration mod, every Bethesda game gets one. They let you turn the physics off items and let you position them precisely, which is perfect for making your buildings look lived in by letting you put junk items wherever you feel.

Without it the physics go wacky whenever you load into an area and all the items you painstakingly placed fall off tables and clip into the ground. The fact the game lets you put down shelving is a pretty big joke considering this is a bug that's eternally present in all their games

Everything I have painstakingly placed on my shelves has all remained right where it's supposed to be. Except for the space monkey. loving space monkey will not stay on the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm trying to get the Settlement Expansion bat file to work correctly. I'm following the dude's instructions (go to workshop, bring up console, select workshop, bat settlement) but it just isn't expanding a loving thing. It worked in Sanctuary just fine but damnit I want my swamp fortress!!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Armorsmith Extended works pretty drat good and combines a couple of mods I already liked.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Arcsquad12 posted:

I need a mod that gets rid of the little half second delay when zooming in with scoped weapons. Got me killed twice because of it.

Also, we need more guns in this game. like a lot more. Like Millennia needs to get on this poo poo now and start porting over his New Vegas work.

I totally agree on both points.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I just found a legendary laser pistol with Endless Ammo. :stare:

Here Nick, now stop bugging me.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Capn Beeb posted:

Those things still use ammo from inventory, they just don't have to be reloaded.

I gave Nick no ammo at all and he's going to town with the thing.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I really want a mod that just cleans the place up a loving bit! Jesus christ it's been 200 years, and I know there are brooms all over the place.

Or maybe a mod that let's me invest bottle caps into Sanctuary Hills so they can fix up those hosed up looking houses. There are 20 of you assholes there and only 4 on guard duty. Fix that poo poo!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Does anyone know how to ungib yourself?

Ok strange question I know. I was flying around that steel plant in noclip because I wanted to test and see how far I could lob a grenade into a Gunner camp. Anyway I had godmode on too (God it's fun for loving around) so when I turned clipping back on... I fell into the smokestack and into some... lava? Molten metal? I don't know, but it's obviously supposed to gib you. Only with godmode on, I got gibs trapped inside me that peek out like bloody tumors in all my clothes and a big one in the skull the blocks the camera when I try to sneak.

I was hoping the problem would correct itself but it has not.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Capn Beeb posted:

Punch this into the console:

player.removeitem 001E22E5

Falling into the smelter with god mode on adds a gibbed skeleton to your inventory for... some loving reason. :cripes:

Worked like like a charm. Thanks bud.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Has anyone built up the settlement on Sentinel Island? At least I think that's what it's called. It has by far the largest build area (the entire island +) and if you pump your charisma is can fit a ton of people.

It is also a goddamn magnet for synth attacks.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Solemn Sloth posted:

You know how you never realised you wanted something because you didn't even know it existed, and then it immediately becomes the most important thing in the world?

I do now.

Strong is the best Settlement Guard.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm wearing Kellog's armor with a heavy leather chest plate and it actually looks great.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'd like to tear down all the houses in Sanctuary. Or at least fix them up. You've been there for months, damnit. Fix the loving hole in the roof.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'd be totally cool with that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Megaton hairstyle is the best.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Bigger Axe

The mod I've been waiting for.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I glanced at a nude feral ghoul mod yesterday. :stare: it made me cringe.

Ok is Preston just never allowed to be your companions? I totally thought he was.

Incidentally if you leave your power armor unattended and a settler spots a loving mosquito a thousand yards away, there is a good chance some random scrub will swipe that fucker. At least now there is a guard patrolling The Castle in Minuteman T45 power armor and a minigun.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I am Communist posted:

Finish Preston's first radiant quest then he'll be available.

I've done a ton of radiant quests. All he did was hand me his musket and now wanders around Sanctuary with a 10mm pistol. If I talk to him he either gives me another mission or spouts off about how the minutemen are back.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kea posted:

Deathclaw companion.

In Deathclaw power armor, wielding a Deathclaw claw thingy.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Seems pretty trivial when you can take a single perk to turn water from a hazard to a terrain feature.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I still haven't found that town yet.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I really need a mod that can retrieve Power Armor. I've lost two in the wilderness and have had to ditch one in the Dunwich Burrows (Don't jump in the hole in power armor) and I want them back.

By the way, getting every companion together and handing them all copies of Grognak's Axe is best way to clear out ferals. Especially with the massive number that appear with the lots-o-mobs mod.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh god I can't wait to try that out. loving Strong keeps knocking all his vases and flowers over. Your room will be pretty, Strong! Deal with it! At least he can't knock the kitten pictures off the wall.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Azhais posted:

75 gold is cheap for being able to whip up a wounding exploding minigun and killing everything before you in a single sweep

But it sure is awesome

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Zodium posted:

You can get a guaranteed exploding minigun called Ashmaker in Goodneighbor by following the No-Nose Bobbi quest. :ssh:

72 mods and I still can't repair my molecular beam transmitter, though. :(

:stare:

I think I love you.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just so you know that every mod for every weapon uhhh... mod, will lock the game up when trying to spawn a settlement raid.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
When the game tries to spawn one. It's happened three times, two different settlements.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm on a quest to turn Sanctuary into a massive fortress city. I wanted as many settlers as possible so I used the console to set charisma to 30. In theory this should set settler limit to 40 (thank god I can craft clothing and hats) yet my number never seems to go higher than 23. I've got 35 goddamn settlers at Finch Farm who stand around and pick their nose but I can't seem to get Sanctuary higher.

Anyone know how to spawn settlers?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This Minute Man Equipment Extender is pretty drat nice. Let's those random minute men you find actually have armor and decent weapons.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Amstrad posted:

Check out the ArtObject category in the Fallout4.esm. Based on what I'm seeing there and in the esm for Homemaker, you may need to define an appropriate .nif for your models.

I'm working on adding in alternatives for the settlement vendor stands. Currently I have cash registers for the Bar, Weapons, Armor and Misc vendors and I'm working on Medic Kits for the clinic stuff.
I don't know what to call the mod though. Generally people use the word 'Immersive' for this kind of thing, but I'd like to avoid that cliche. Suggestions?

Somebody made a mod similar to that for shops and guards. You use mats and they stand behind them. Cash register is a cooler idea.

After rebuilding Sanctuary into a worthy fortress of doom, I had to do something with the old bat that just sits in her chair. So I made her my Wal-Mart Greeter.

I'm planning on giving her a small table with some drugs and maybe a lamp.

Also have you noticed that once you start adding stuff to a settlement, sometimes it gets hard to stop?

That tank is just there for, uh, decorative purposes.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Songbearer posted:

Sick sick siiick. Between this and OCDecorator, Fallout 4 has quickly become the Apocalypse Dreamhouse Simulator I never knew I wanted.

Is anyone else having OCDecorator, Homemaker, and SSEx? I can't find the OCD stuff anywhere.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is there a way to manually reset an area? I want to delete the drat forklift at the construction site.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
How do I change up the mod load order in NMM? I tried adjusting the ESM order in NMM but they revert back when I load up the game. I really need to get OCD to load first so I can place all my decorations in my new mansion!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cheap Shot posted:

I had to figure this out for myself today too. At the top there's two tabs. Mods and Plugins. You just drag the esp's around to reorder them.

I'll always listen to Bip :3:

Now I tried move them around. When I load up the game I get all the cool poo poo from SSEx and Homemaker, like building with Institute stuff which is how I'm making my new dream mansion, but nothing for OCD :( I really want to decorate!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Alright I cannot get OCD to play nice with anything else. It flat out won't load.

Here's my load order:

code:
Fallout4.esm
Homemaker.esm
OCDecorator.esp
Safe SSEx.esp
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility Patch.esp
ArmoredDogArmor.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
LegendaryClothes-ArmorSmith-Merged.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp
Enclave SpaceMarine Space Wolves.esp
Maxson_Cape.esp
CraftableAmmo.esp
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp
CraftableRangedWeapons.esp
CraftableMeleeWeapons.esp
Crafting Workbench.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp
Walls and Floors - Simple Intersection.esp
WattzGenerators.esp
Workshop_Planters.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
AdjustedEncounterZones.esp
5% Fusion Core Drain.esp
EasyLockpicking.esp
Minutemen_Expanded.esp
AdjustedMobSpawns.esp
LegendaryAllDifficulties10x.esp
ShellRain.esp
Worsins-Immersive-Garage-X01-Bundle.esp
BetterSettlers.esp
CTHHostileAndSneaking.esp
CombatRiflePlus.esp
Weaponry Overhaul.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
Craftable Armor Size.esp
Pos_ShopPositons.esp
Pos_GuardPositions.esp
ModelRobotDisplay.esp
MoreSettlers.esp
TronVaultSuits.esp
What should I shift around?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Magmarashi posted:

Were you aware you have three different mods that add planters to the workshops?

I was not. I am now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kea posted:

Same, but it isnt as big a deal as you imagine, mainly because the fat man will kill you stone dead on most difficulties unbuffed anyway. Just keep your saves up to date. Oh also the amount of enemies that use the Fat Man isn't very high, I leveled to level 68 and even then only a handful of enemies ever had one. Its grenades that will ruin your day.

It's always that one legendary raider who happens to have a loving nuka grenade in his pocket. That has ruined many of my days.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What I really want is a mod that allows me to create a uniform and then just build that in bulk. Like letting me take Armor Crafter and whichever mod that lets me make clothes, making a full set of sturdy polymer combat armor with the arms black and the rest teal with a big gold star on the chest on top of a BOS Officer outfit, and giving it to my guards.

Or at least a place they can outfit themselves from.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

gromdul posted:

Sounds doable. Many modders have made custom stand alone clothes. You could make a custom set of armor, with a custom texture. But for automation, that's not possible. I use a set of batch files to equip my settlers, saves me a lot of time from looting and upgrading and giving a gently caress. So now I just type "bat guard" after making a text file and depositing it in my FO directory. This gives my "guard" a full set of combat armor (random light/sturdy/heavy unfortunately) and a random assault rifle with road leathers and some ammo. If I open up the trade dialog first the game will mostly do what I want it to.

If you made a custom set of armor, you can find out what the refIDs are and include that in your batch file.

This is my character, Humungus, sitting in his favorite chair in his glass enclosed balcony

I just wanted to show that off.

This is what my guards look like right now at my home.

Yes that is a brahmin clipping through the goddamned floor. The rear end in a top hat.
Anyway I can make that armor set a bat file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is there a way to toggle combat for an NPC? I accidentally fragged a Diamond City security dude amd Deacon freaked out on me and ran back to HQ. Now when I go down there he automatically attacks me. This is really not good because he is in X01 power armor, fully upgraded, with Nearly Unbreakable legendary pieces. Oh and he had the auto combat shotgun I made him with explody bits.

• Locked thread