Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Speaking of Dreamcast: crazy taxi 1+2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why play Super Mario Brothers 3 when you can play Super Mario World. Hurr.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Dreamcast shone too brightly for this world

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

Why play Super Mario Brothers 3 when you can play Super Mario World. Hurr.

I prefer World :shobon:. I also have bad taste.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ZOE, OP. And MGS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

I prefer World :shobon:. I also have bad taste.

Well me too but I'm not gonna be insane and say don't play SMB3.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The sheer amount of shovelware brings it down a bit compared to the insane lineup of the dreamcast

Ok I never owned one of those so you may be right... Genesis was my first console

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

ty all for helping me start this journey through a sickk era of gaming

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

lolasaurusrex posted:

PS2 is good.

Dragon Quest VIII is amazing.
Shadow of Rome is a lesser known Capcom masterpiece (imo) that everyone with a PS2 should own.
Black is a great indicator of the direction FPS games were moving at the time.
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time is too long. But still good.
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age is poo poo, but is also my favorite game of all time.
SOCOM II still has an active online player base (I poo poo you not).
Silent Hill II is still scary as gently caress.

Shadow of Rome is insanely legit even if the stealth parts were some of the most awkwardly implemented broken trash i've ever seen. The gladiator fights were all well done and visceral with more depth than it seems at first (still really love the whole crowd system and knowing when to appeal to them). The ending sequence was insane and I loved it, very overlooked.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
the PS2 probably has the largest selection of remastered greats of any console

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
Devil May Cry 1 & 3
Jak & Daxter series
Rachet & Clank series
Sly Cooper series
Zone of Enders 1 & 2
Kingdom Hearts series
God of War series (this one's not very good actually)

but it still has the best version of Silent Hill 2 since the remake was trash and the PC version is an incomplete buggy mess

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Colossus is so good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

Agreed, but why would the op get it on ps2 when its available on other, newer consoles

Burnout 3 is the best one, that's why. You god drat idiot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I convinced my friend in high school to give me her PS2 only to play Shadow of the Colossus and I never finished it or gave the PS2 back. Ultimately I left the PS2 on the side of the curb because I couldn't find the component cable.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

net cafe scandal posted:

I convinced my friend in high school to give me her PS2 only to play Shadow of the Colossus and I never finished it or gave the PS2 back. Ultimately I left the PS2 on the side of the curb because I couldn't find the component cable.

Ruthless.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also Grand Turismo 4, if you want. The amount of available vehicles in that game is insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

That's sad

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Oni

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It was the Dark Souls of friendships.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

It was the Dark Souls of friendships.
Prepare to Cry

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The sheer amount of shovelware brings it down a bit compared to the insane lineup of the dreamcast

you can't judge a console by its worst games, on the poo poo that nobody of good character knew about or cared about or would buy.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

this is the most hosed up thing i've read this week.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I need a PS2

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

lesbian baphomet posted:

this is the most hosed up thing i've read this week.

he's going to hell for not giving it back.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you like strategy RPGs, or Super Mario RPG style combat w/ timing minigames, then there's this title called Gladius which is pretty fun

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

net cafe scandal posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you how can you call her your friend get out of my thread....

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Same

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Twisted

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Me and her are still tight.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice humblebrag.... giving up ps2's and pussy like their meaningless to you...

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Jesus

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I also got my DS Lite from my high schools black market and I later found out it had been stolen from a Chinese girl in my school.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I also got my DS Lite from my high schools black market and I later found out it had been stolen from a Chinese girl in my school.

did you return it?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I never got a name and shortly thereafter dropped out of high school.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Neutral evil gamer here.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

net cafe scandal posted:

F

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I never got a name and shortly thereafter dropped out of high school.

jesus christ your life sucks.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Max Payne 1 + 2
Resident Evil 4 if you don't already have it for GC/PC

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dropped out of hs to go abroad for a few months and then I went to college. Hit me up in e/n for more details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The High School Black Market

• Locked thread