Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Atlanta is a poo poo-bad team, ya'll, and they've lost my interest for the remainder of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Atlanta fan checks out as soon as he realizes his team isn't good.

In other news; grass is green, water is wet.

These stories and more at 11!

You've supported your rapist QB from the very beginning and haven't wavered. I applaud you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

old dog child posted:

ahem I think you mean BOSSWEILER

You mean HOSSWEILER?

Intruder posted:

If Andre Johnson had gone to the Patriots instead of being a traitor, maybe The Old wouldn't have stricken him so suddenly

Yeah...

that was a pretty sweet burn, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Actually I've been pretty vocal about not liking him and thinking he's a piece of poo poo, but that doesn't stop me from being a fan of the team as a whole. LaVonte David, Mike Evans and Gerald McCoy are all Pretty Cool Dudes.

I also didn't stop being a fan in the ~10 years since the Super Bowl.

You're cool, dude, everyone here is cool, and that -was- a sweet Atlanta burn, but...

Yeah, eat poo poo, you didn't watch every game with intent and focus the years the Buccs were poo poo and worse than poo poo. That doesn't mean you weren't a fan, that means you're so much of a fan that it hurts to watch your franchise blow so hard you can't bear to watch the shitshow. I'm not "stopping" my fandom of the Falcons, I just know the team is seriously flawed... and it hurts to watch them lose to back-up QB's and bad defenses.

2015 so far has been a loving roller coaster of emotion. We got a new head coach, we drafted that star defensive end, we started 5-0 for God's sake. My expectations started low, because... new coach, poor roster talent, etc.

But then you got 5-0, with a crazy comeback over the Cowboys and a crushing defeat of the Texans... and BOOM, I'm bought in. I'm bought in hard, I'm #quinning. I'm ecstatic. I know it's looked ugly going so far, but it's a new offense. I'm expecting things to improve as the team becomes more familiar with the flow.

Well, the opposite happened. Since going 5-0, we've got 1 and 4...

An inexplicably narrow victory over the back-up lead Titans

with losses to:
The Saints (A team that is looking better, but is still real, real bad.)
The Buccs (A team that is looking better, but was looking real bad at the time, and the Falcons lost this game because they couldn't stop turning the ball over.)
The Back-up lead 49ers (Blaine Gabbert back-up lead 49ers... the Falcons couldn't move the ball at all against guys who were not on Rosters the week prior)
And the Back-up lead Colts (A team that was poo poo with Luck on the field, and was still poo poo with Hasselbeck, but not poo poo enough to lose to the Falcons.)

My previously highly reliable QB has been eroding year after year since the NFCCG. Suffering from offensive line woes and some of the worst injury-plagued seasons I've ever seen. Still, though, HIS play had been pretty solid even in those 2013 and 2014 campaigns. Welp, not anymore. Now he's dropping snaps and throwing red-zone picks like a loving rookie. Kyle Shanahan doesn't give a -gently caress- about the fact that his offense doesn't play to the strengths of his quarterback. His 100 million dollar franchise quarterback. Instead he tailors his offense to the strengths of his 2nd year 4th round draft pick running back. The results are predictably awful. This roster features a prime-Julio Jones, a 100 million dollar (previously top 10 QB), an over-the-hill-but-not-poo poo Roddy White who has been relegated to a 3rd-4th read in an offense built to run the football. The offensive line isn't good in pass pro. It just isn't. We eat sacks on 3rd and long pretty regularly.

I'm a Falcons fan, I'm not walking away from the franchise.

But I don't have to have hope for the season, dude. I just don't. There are 6 games left and the Falcons are a dog in every one of them, I'd wager. They could lose every single one of them.

To end the roller-coaster of a season... I could start by watching my team go 6-1... and then go 0-9. This is a realistic outcome. I'm not even exaggerating how bad this team. I don't think the Falcons win a single game down the stretch.

So when I say "I've lost interest in this poo poo-bad team." It means I'm looking forward to next year, and hoping for something better.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Nice meltdown. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a bit

It wasn't a meltdown, Intruder. I'm explaining my moroseness to Joe-bags.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sucks to suck, bro

:respek:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731255&pagenumber=6#post453107538

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

It feels like a meltdown because of the "eat poo poo" stuff you posted

Besides, there are only four or five teams in the NFL that aren't dogshit right now, everyone's on this ride

e: That toxx doesn't help either

It helps me :suicide:

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hahah good lord dude. You're gonna win another game, but if you really want to stick to it, donate the money to charity instead. I already have enough Bucs jerseys that I don't wear.

Aw, you don't want what will undoubtedly be a Revis Buccs Jersey? This has me curious, gonna go check.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 24, 2015

• Locked thread