Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dr Tran posted:

The Jaguars are going to beat the Chargers in week 12. Gotta get that top 5 pick.

Nkemdeche here we come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Anime guy acting all haughty about Star Trek

We got ourselves a good old fashioned nerd war brewing boys.

Get a couple of GoT people in here and we got a battle of five armies deal going on

who's your favorite pokemon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 is finally coming out in english!!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Everyone should watch Steel Angel Kurumi imo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why play Pokemon when there is Shin Megami Tensei

Quit your job and play both

I recommend Pokemon Snap as the peak of the series

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

give me your shiny ponyta

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

they did.

it was all grahf

RIP grahf
shooter mcgavin
king rhabuf
gendo
hooverfan
kim jong il

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok change of pace what do you guys think of the National Book Award Winners

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a generational talent and the reputation of the award itself is entirely dependent on giving it to him, so no surprise there. I continue to struggle with Adam Johnson. The Orphan Master's son was good but I do not think it was necessarily Pulitzer Prize good and Fortune Smiles I do not think holds up as well against the other books that were in competition.

Discuss.

whatever nerd

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not joking I will buy you some dumbbells if you promise to use them your arms are tragic

my arms are fine

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

what woman finds that attractive

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

E_Motion posted:

Yes teams are going to be champing at the bit to move up to grab Goff or Cook

Christian Ponder was a top 10 pick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers are really bad. Fire everyone holy poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rivers isn't even showing emotion any more. He's just robotically walking to the sidelines :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

just pull Rivers for the rest of the season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

So let me guess. Mike McCoy came out with a wet turd of an offensive gameplan AND the defense couldn't stop KC's offense the whole game?

Defense got torched, offensive line was a sieve, receivers dropping passes all over the place, lovely practice squad receivers can't get open.

the 2015 Chargers.

Fire Frank Reich

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

The Chargers having a soul-crushing, bottom of the barrel season was long overdue. Everyone in the division except the Broncos have had one.

Denver had one. It's how they got the #2 pick and drafted Von Miller

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

8-8 with a spectacular playoff win over the Steelers doesn't count. Sorry.

They were 4-12 in 2010 bro

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Alex Smith cannot barely put up 250 yards against the loving Chargers. Why even have him on the team?

You can have Brandon Flowers back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bvlah posted:

Chargers gonna lose to the Jaguars

I certainly hope so

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

10-ish yards a passing attempt is pretty loving good too, no matter how you slice it.

This is easily the worst Charger team since 2003, only with a great QB instead of a great RB. This is surely the worst defense they've had in over a decade; not even Ted Cottrell's defense in '08 was as hapless as this team's.

The only three starters on defense I want to see next year are Liuget, Verrett, and Weddle.

To get blown out like that on a day when you're retiring LT's number is just depressing.

LT could have strapped on pads today and had a better day than Melvin "Bust" Gordon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Any word on what was up between him and Gates in the first half?

Probably just frustration. Gates is understandably rusty , the team is bad, and little things turn into blowups. I'm sure they're fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

gently caress.

Edit: I mean good, but man I did I forget about that year.

I dunno how you forgot, the Chiefs were like 13-3 that year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Just a friendly reminder, through 10 games this season the Chargers have a net total of 1 punt return yard.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

I don't know what you do with the Chargers in the offseason, aside for dumping the coaching staff. Their front 7 is one of the worst in the league, Weddle is probably leaving after this year, and their offensive line and blocking scheme are just abysmal. Trevor Robinson just sucks.

Do you keep what's probably a top 5 draft pick and get an impact player for that front 7, depending on what scheme they roll with next year? Trade down and try and accumulate some draft picks for once in Telesco's run? I don't know. There's so many holes.

Trevor Robinson has actually been pretty okay. Much better than Chris Watt was.

You gotta revamp the front seven in the middle. Liuget is good, and I still like Ingram and Attouchu on the edges. We need new inside linebackers, a new nose tackle, and another DE opposite of Liuget.

As for the secondary, Weddle is probably gone so you'll need a new FS. Addae is fine at SS, and Verrett is your #1 corner. Flowers isn't going to be cut, so he needs to be moved inside to nickel corner and we'll need a new #2 CB.

Offensively, it's hard to tell if the OL is just bad or if they're hurt. Individually, I like all the players. Dunlap, Franklin, Fluker, Barksdale.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I still don't know how this is real. Do you guys just not have anyone you trust to do anything other than fair catch the punt?

Jacoby Jones was really bad. And then Keenan Allen died. And then Branden Oliver died.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

Do kickoff returns not count for this? Is this because they are not stopping their opponents and are therefore not receiving any punts because they kick off instead?

Kickoff returns are a different thing. This is strictly punts. They either get touchbacks, fair catches, or attempt to return a punt and get stopped for no gain or negative yardage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm gonna get really emotional when I go to my last Chargers game ever in a couple of weeks :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Isn't LA an hour drive from San Diego?

It's about three. And I'm obviously referring to going to Qualcomm for the last time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Is it that much of a sure thing they're going to move? I've heard this about the Chargers since I've been following football.

I'm not renewing my tickets next year, even if they have another lame duck season in San Diego

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Got it, sorry this lame season had to be your last one. :( Even if you do take every opportunity to trash me and my team!!

I'll just never get 4th and 28.5 out of my head

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Miss this guy. Wish he was 22 again :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

boo loving hoo, you're 4-6

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i'm mad at everyone who's mad at their teams.

i am also mad at my team

im just mad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

korrandark posted:

At least you have SDSU.

Go Aztecs :unsmith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

facebook jihad posted:

Peyton isn't really planning to play next season right? Because what the duck how can anyone think that's a good idea

His wallet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Apparently Gates was threatening to kick Rivers' rear end on the sideline

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers now control their own destiny for the #1 overall pick in the 2016 draft

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

three posted:

McCoy is a great OC, so you'd be lucky to have him. No one can be successful in San Diego.

He is a great OC. Why he leaves playcalling in the hands of a former lovely backup Bills quarterback who has never been an OC before is mystifying

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Menamino posted:

The Pats are incredibly beatable in their current form against any team with a good qb and good defense. The Giants last week had the qb but their defense is poo poo, and the Bills have the defense but Tyrod isn't there yet.

I look at the afc though and do any teams have both of those things? Cincy maybe? But to beat the Pats in the playoffs they'd have to win a game with more than 12 people watching. I can't think of anyone else who stops the Pats from reaching the superbowl.

You guys who aren't on Team Eli to get back out of the nfc and stop the inevitable are just wrong at this point.

Pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

lol whistlegate

If I had a time machine I wouldn't save Kennedy or kill Hitler. I'd go back to 1970 and burn down the Watergate.

Very sad that Antonio Gates didn't appeal his PED suspension so we could have had Gates Gate

• Locked thread