Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

computer parts posted:

Once again, Ditka knew.

It was Ditka that made the correct prediction at the Favre Death game at TCF too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

shiksa posted:

How do you find a way to complain about low passing yards in a thirty point blowout

Because it wasn't a blow out until the pick six and Smith is the cause. It should have been a fifty point blowout.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Miss this guy. Wish he was 22 again :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ron Rivera dabbin em

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I did notice today just about every receiver of player who made a play dabbin today. Looks like the potshots from the media helped piss the team off, I hope the jerk offs out there keep hating.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

The Ron Rivera story is cool, almost being fired last (?) year to this!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vhak lord of hate posted:

The Ron Rivera story is cool, almost being fired last (?) year to this!

2012/2013 it was touch and go.

Last year they could have fired Shula at any moment.

anyway go ron!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

2012/2013 it was touch and go.

Last year they could have fired Shula at any moment.

anyway go ron!

It still confuses the poo poo out of me how in this decade Cam had to explain to Shula how a no huddle offense works.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Part of me wants to give up football for good but I know if I did so the Eagles would win the super bowl out of spite.

So here I am after getting rear end raped by the team with a rapist as qb and trying to convince myself that we can make a playoff run at 4-6

All Eagles fans should be mercy killed to save us from the agony of watching this team. I am now officially in the pessimistic zone. I'm sorry Eagles Bros and Gals, I can't do it anymore. I cant be our only optimistic fan :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

boo loving hoo, you're 4-6

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

boo loving hoo, you're 4-6

We're not making the playoffs and neither are you. Does it matter that we have a slightly better record? We've looked like poo poo all season after we hyped ourselves into thinking we were a strong playoff contender. I don't care if you think we are whiny babies, that crash back go reality hurts. And we can't even focus on hockey/bball/baseball because guess what those teams suck too!

As a team thats never won a super bowl I dont have #ringprivlidge so I can be mad at my team without incurring the wrath of TFF thank you very much.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

We're not making the playoffs and neither are you. Does it matter that we have a slightly better record? We've looked like poo poo all season after we hyped ourselves into thinking we were a strong playoff contender.

As a team thats never won a super bowl I dont have #ringprivlidge so I can be mad at my team without incurring the wrath of TFF thank you very much.

call the ocean this guy stole its salt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i'm mad at everyone who's mad at their teams.

i am also mad at my team

im just mad

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

KC might actually be going to the playoffs, if they can win the next two games against Buffalo and Oakland.

Pretty nuts that they would make it after starting 1-5.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mel I thought we were friends :smith:

But yes I am very very salty

Ross Angeles posted:

i am also mad at my team

im just mad

Me too bro. Me too. Next year will be better...it has to be right? :smithicide:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

Mel I thought we were friends :smith:

my only loyalty is to sick burns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lmao

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

i am also mad at my team

im just mad

At least you have SDSU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

KC might actually be going to the playoffs, if they can win the next two games against Buffalo and Oakland.

Pretty nuts that they would make it after starting 1-5.

Still going to lose to anyone good unless their quarterback decides it's time to retire. Having said that this is a lot better than I expected the season to go a few weeks ago.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

my only loyalty is to sick burns

I respect that. I deserve a good burning after talking up the Eagles all year.

But I am sad and mad at my team for being such shitheads. You would be in first if you had beaten two lovely Florida teams!

Or well I guess they're not lovely since they shithoused us.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
IMO next weekend is basically going to determine whether the Seahawks make the playoffs

Can't wait to see Heath Miller style on our defense :suicide:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Still going to lose to anyone good unless their quarterback decides it's time to retire. Having said that this is a lot better than I expected the season to go a few weeks ago.
They might draw another game at Mile High. :shobon:

Would be nice if San Diego learned how to hit in areas other than the head.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tony Romo is the golden child. He is the only hope the Cowboys have, and the franchise spent half of his career avoiding putting a decent O-Line in front of him. He is the wizard, he is the Jedi whose actions decide the course of a game.

Now watch and be mesmerized as he chooses to take this team to 3-13.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

korrandark posted:

At least you have SDSU.

Go Aztecs :unsmith:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

I'm still not convinced. They've beaten Landry Jones, a Lions team who fired their D-Coor like 5 days before the game, the late-stage corpse of Manning, and now Rivers who has UPS freight sorters for help.

Still think this is a middle of the road team who will compete with mediocre to bad teams, then get beaten handily by good to elite teams.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 23, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

axeil posted:

I respect that. I deserve a good burning after talking up the Eagles all year.

But I am sad and mad at my team for being such shitheads. You would be in first if you had beaten two lovely Florida teams!

Or well I guess they're not lovely since they shithoused us.

I'm not trying to be dickish Cowboy fan here, but I would like to point out that it's felt like every damned offseason that national media outlets go gaga over the Eagles. I genuinely can't remember a season without people picking the Eagles to go far. I don't know how it happens, I just know that it does happen, and if I didn't hate y'all so much I'd feel terrible for the hype train sabotaging ya. As it is, I have to deal with idiot rednecks in the DFW screaming about Staubach all the goddamn time, so I'll just call your suffering and my suffering a wash. I've never seen the Cowboys win a Superbowl, if that helps. I only know them as they've been since post championship.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Your weekly DeAndre "Nuk"Hopkins is the truth update.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

LiquidFriend posted:

If.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Shinjobi posted:

I'm not trying to be dickish Cowboy fan here, but I would like to point out that it's felt like every damned offseason that national media outlets go gaga over the Eagles. I genuinely can't remember a season without people picking the Eagles to go far. I don't know how it happens, I just know that it does happen, and if I didn't hate y'all so much I'd feel terrible for the hype train sabotaging ya. As it is, I have to deal with idiot rednecks in the DFW screaming about Staubach all the goddamn time, so I'll just call your suffering and my suffering a wash. I've never seen the Cowboys win a Superbowl, if that helps. I only know them as they've been since post championship.

I was about to ask how old you are and then depressed myself when I remembered I watched the Cowboys and the Steelers 20 loving years ago.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I was at the Chargers game and the LT thing was pretty nice. They had tributes all throughout the game, which was accompanied by one of the worst offensive performances I've seen.

Pull Rivers out the rest of the year, give Gordon the ball every play, burn the rest of the organization to the ground.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Peyton isn't really planning to play next season right? Because what the duck how can anyone think that's a good idea

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Man I trhink the Cards might go to the Super Bowl

Edit wrong thread but still

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

facebook jihad posted:

Peyton isn't really planning to play next season right? Because what the duck how can anyone think that's a good idea

The only thing I can see is Manning as a Chad Pennington type QB at this point. The problem with it is Pennington realized his limitations, Manning still think he has a live arm and still thinks he can fit balls into tight windows. If he's willing to realize what kind of player he is now and work with what he's got he can probably play another year. I doubt the Broncos will keep him and another team isn't going to pay him what he's accustomed to but there is such a dearth of good QBs that he would find work.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Primetime Andy is mentally softer than baby poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cole posted:

I was about to ask how old you are and then depressed myself when I remembered I watched the Cowboys and the Steelers 20 loving years ago.

Nah, I'm 27. I'm old enough to have caught the Cowboys win some championships if I bothered watching. I never did. They would win the titles, but I wasn't paying attention and I just didn't give a poo poo about football until I was like...19. I avoided watching it until then. So by choice, I avoided Superbowl wins and then jumped in while they were making GBS threads their pants.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers dominated that game outside of two plays. There was one horrific call against Washington that would have given the skins a 21-14 lead, but I don't really think it would have mattered.

On defense, Washington couldn't really stop the Panthers. Cam looked comfortable for most of the day, and he seems to be getting more accurate as the season goes on. Devin Funchess was clearly the target on the day. Cam targeted him early and often. He's starting to look better out there. The word on him early in the season was he was unable to figure out how to play against physical corners; he's getting better at it.

Nothing really stood out to me on the Redskins defense.

On the other side of the ball, the Panthers got pressure from everywhere. Kirk looks gunshy and doesn't really respond well to pressure. At least twice he felt the blitz coming, and instead of trying to get rid of it or tucking and securing the ball, he just sat there and took the strip sack. His interception was off his back foot. And holy gently caress dudes hang on to the ball. You can't give the Panthers defense any rest.

Washington only had like 8 yards rushing which is nuts.

On the Desean touchdown, good job on Kirk recognizing Colin Jones was somehow lined up on him on the slot. Colin is, uh, not fleet of foot. He's like the rest of the Panthers safeties; in the box only.

Anyway Washington was completely dominated outside of 2 plays and the game was never really in doubt. Even if they didn't get hosed on that interception, I don't really think they could have mustered any sustained offense in this game.

Go the Panthers bitch

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Steelers just gonna moonwalk into that wildcard berth

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
The call on the Washington pick six was technically correct, but it does leave a bad taste in your mouth if you are not a Panthers fan. At the same time, the outcome of the play was the direct result of the illegal hit. You hate to see penalties have such a drastic affect on the outcome of a play though. Between that play and the Cousins scramble, two penalties pretty much took away 2 touchdowns (the Cousins scramble penalty was 30 yard penalty).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

facebook jihad posted:

His wallet

• Locked thread