Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon Tree
Aug 13, 2012

"This reminds me of the time my brother fell down the well. I did not lower the bucket for to save his life, for who am I to stand in the path of the Reaper. I stood there, and I watched."
Problem description: So here is my fucky battery problem. My laptop runs on the battery, runs on AC, and when I plug the battery in to try and charge it I get the “Plugged in, Charging” pop up when I hover over the battery. Sometimes when I start the laptop plugged in it doesn't recognize the AC and boots off of the battery, so I have to unplug it and replug it and it runs off the AC. The battery stays at the % it was at, and drains normally when the AC is unplugged. For what it is worth, the front charging light doesn't come on.

Attempted fixes: Tried a new battery, uninstalling the drivers from the device manager, holding down the power button when unplugged and without the battery, and brought it to a local computer fix guy who thought a new battery would fix it. He tested the AC cord and it was sending power out, and tested the port to show that it was receiving power. Also the battery in the tool bar shows charging (The white on the battery) moving upwards towards full for a few seconds, then just pauses where it is at.

Update: Now when I have the new battery in the computer won't even read that the AC is connected. With the old battery it still reads the AC being connected.

Recent changes: One day I came home, started my laptop, and it suddenly died. Turned out the HDD bricked, so I replaced it with a SSD and re-installed windows. That's when this started.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

System specs: Here is my laptop and its specs. Of course the HDD is different and is now a 480 gig PNY SSD. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231029

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. I googled this problem in as many ways I could think of, but I kept getting the same few sites that tell me to re-install the power drivers, hold down the power button, and get a new battery. I also called ASUS and they said send it in, but that is a last ditch effort thing for me.

Lemon Tree fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread