Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I've got a new one for you guys. It's about a girl with a neck problem. It's cute, it's sweet, it's a little bit odd, it's--

My Girlfriend is a Rokurobi*

*Long-necked Yokai

I like how everyone, including her, treats it as a matter of course. It's no big thing!!! :3:

This is the good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chaos rhames posted:

He goes above and beyond the call of duty though. The level of pain he puts himself though to help people is way beyond acting like a normal schoolgirl. If it was just art he wouldn't mess with a yakuza family.

Sumire has a very strong sense of justice.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paperweight posted:

Been ages since I posted here but has anyone read the manga Tonnura San? It has a talking cat with the weirdest look on his face that never changes. In chapter 6, he uses his paw print to accept a package. The awkward looks on everyone's face is priceless. I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Tonnura is great when it isn't being super creepy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I like that the teacher dude has an actual, legitimate scientific interest in demihumans. Like "These beings are fascinating!" It puts a bit of an adult distance between him and them.

It is rude to call them "beings"!

I also like that for something of a change of pace, he's not a new teacher. He's had his job for a few years already, so there's not really any of the learning how to be a role model stuff to go through.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, COOL Kyoushinsha has a couple of odd, funny mangas. I just started reading the Sign Girl manga, and it's pretty funny!

Just thinking about it, she could communicate... "normally" if she just learned to do binary or hexadecimal!

Except for with all the people who don't know binary or hexadecimal, which is the vast majority of people.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Did my sweet alien end because it ended, or did it end because the author died?

Edit: oh man I did not expect it to go in that direction but that's great :allears:

Is that it then, or how much more is there?

I'm not sure that is an appropriate emotion for someone's death.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You say that like we, the readers, do not also have a crush on strong arms teacher because crushing on him is the natural thing to do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raws are up to chapter 26 and update weekly, for reference.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

Jesus Christ that went :gonk: in a hurry.

She's just trying to save her friend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's also about puberty.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Flying Witch artist really likes drawing cute outfits. I like when an artist changes up what characters are wearing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Has she finally had enough of Chio's poo poo?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

She'll usurp the Demon King's place as final boss pretty soon -- if she hasn't already.

The latest chapter of Chio-chan's way to school is the funniest it's been in a while! Had me laughing out loud at a bunch of parts as it steadily got further and further into the joke.

EDIT: Also what is your avatar even from??

I can't believe there is someone in an anime thread who doesn't know about Senran Kagura.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

New Sanova Bocchi.

I love the fake mustache she gets from the fake beer. Carbonated pineapple juice and whipped cream eh?

Her rival should really just accept it and kiss her already.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Moee-chan DGAF

!!....

Those... uh... are some powerful squishy moecharacter hamster cheeks there. :stare:

Looks like somebody liked the Kanna/Saikawa gag.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Once again, I love the use of color in this series to portray reality vs imagination.

I don't know what any of them see in that boy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She is, but still, drat.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

Wow uh whats that manga about again? That's pretty brutal.

Mousou Telepathy

And I'm not sure how to feel about it making me start to dislike in some ways an ostensibly sympathetic character. Mana is very powerful for making that happen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Mana is better at reading minds than Nakano.

Mana's warpath continues.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 3, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it happening? Is she finally learning what she needs to do?!?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, sure, but like as a character, we really have no reason to be sympathetic to him.

I'm not sure we're supposed to feel totally sympathetic to him, but after the soccer arc they did try to give him some depth.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There was also Akira's girlfriend, whose image when Akira himself was talking about her was entirely wrong.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darker horse: This goes all Qualia the Purple on us.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

I almost feel like this is a twist coming up, where the makeup in question is just the dark shadows on her face, and Mana was never the super popular kid, but instead kind of an outcast, and the blonde version is the part that she's been deluded about? Oooor I could be totally off and be not even close and this is just supposed to be her all made up to be a ghost :v:

Yeah it was her ghost makeup.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mana is fantastic.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The shirt is good, actually.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Mousou Telepathy: Insufficient Mana

Got it in one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Um excuse me, I translate, I don't rewrite the author's work. :smugbert:

EDIT: But yeah, it'd be super easy to just make it "Whaaaaaaa?!" Why this never occurs, even in the better translated ones, I have no clue. They must be putting some effort in since they bother to translate and redraw the sound effects too!

I think the localization of "Eeeeeeeehhh?!" is the dramatic Teen Sigh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

New Sanova Bocchi

In which she attempts to defuse a bomb

You say "attempts" like she won't succeed beautifully.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In the end does the dragon decide against it because the neighborhood has been gentrified out of its price range and a likely impending housing price collapse makes it a poor investment?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder now, have Kentaco Huts been exported to Japan, or do their fast food establishments remain pure?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Things are certainly heating up cooling down.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe Maeno is a real person who exists.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I bought the LN on a whim and yeah, the translation is pretty rough (though it could be faithful to the original, who knows). The manga is so far much better. I like the very round and soft art style.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

So my crush is a Lovecraftian monster, so what.

I clicked on this due to these fantastic images, and oh man, it is great. A lot better than that other "big girl is actually eldritch horror" manga anyway. I am eager to see where they go with this.

Shub is a good big sister.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I support as many Kanjis as it takes to tear down toxic masculinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Onean posted:

New chapter for the eldritch girl(friend?) manga. (It's name is pretty great: Her Appetite's Too Big for Me Alone.) There's a cute new friend, and some rumblings of where this may go.