Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Helsing posted:

:lol:

I guess the Democrats don't need to worry about losing control of the House, the Senate and many of the State legislatures that will control the redistricting process that is vital to the Democrats ever winning back the House, because hey, Scalia and Thomas might simultaneously drop dead from heart attacks.

It's what leftists/democrats deserve for abandoning the working class to focus on identity politics. gently caress them. Let the republicans have it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Helsing posted:

I have zero sympathy for the Democratic party but your whole "gently caress the Democrats" shtick will entail a lot of collateral damage among the very groups that you're saying the Democrats abandoned. Also those of us living in the rest of the first world would prefer not to have our world hegemon being run by a weird Christian-Fascist death cult, thank you very much.

There is no stopping or changing it. This is the way it will be. Who are you planning on voting for, Clinton? Good luck with that, because Sanders will NEVER have the nomination.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Helsing posted:

I'm not an American.

Cool, sorry our sad excuse for a liberal, left, whatever you want to call it is too busy focusing on "Acceptable Art" and identity politics and wants to have drum circles at the protests, and also on top of everything else, bows down to banks and wall street, but don't worry, we have mobilized so that certain videogames get the women to wear more clothes (puritanical society ftw, never thought it would be the left leading that charge haha). Islamophobia is just as rampant on the left as on the right, racism too. Nothing new under the sun.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Do you really think that the Democratic party is the left?

The American Left, yes

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly the concept of separate laws for separate religions is loving retarded.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeusExMachinima posted:

Private arbitration--which is what sharia is in most nations--is a free association exercise. Whether you think their personal values are dumb doesn't matter.

It's not fit for western society. Let it stay in tribal third world hellholes.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It has nothing to do with "values"

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sad part is your arnt wrong :( you also forgot the new violence in media is bad and "triggering" argument that has started up again.

The left in this country is too concerned with hand-wringing bullshit

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrProsek posted:

Private arbitration is actually one of the cornerstones the US legal system is built on. The overworked court system would really rather you handle small disputes on your own. It doesn't matter if your private arbitrator is the local priest, a mutual friend, whatever. As long as both parties consent to the arbitrator the courts are just happy to offload those torts onto the arbitrator.

Hmm, why do you think this would matter, especially to women?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thug Lessons posted:

It's completely incompatible with secularism.

The people on this board think its a good idea to let women and men be arbitrated by a religion, whose views are incompatible with secularism, and western society in general, and that is somehow BETTER than going to the actual court system.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrProsek posted:

First, I was specifically responding to if private arbitration is fit for western society, and it clearly is given the lengthy history private arbitration has in the US legal system.

Second, if your point is that sexist communities can pressure women into doing things they'd rather not do, then I'm aware of that but I don't see what your point is?

It isn't fit for modern western society, especially in regards to the religion in question, and my point is how fair could private Sharia Law arbitration be to women? Use your loving brain instead of trying to wring your hands about being as PC as possible. Its pathetic.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squalid posted:

It literally predates the U.S. in American jurisprudence. You've probably never noticed because its mostly confined to weird insular groups like Mennonites, Amish, Puritans, Mormons, Catholics, and Orthodox Jews, etc.

Cool, so something that predates something else, and is bad, in all ways, especially with how religion treats women, children, ect, especially backwards loving religions and sects whatever you want to call it. Let them just do their own thing and say gently caress it? God, are you mentally unwell?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

-Troika- posted:

Totally free to decline, ignoring the major social pressures Muslim women are under to conform and obey their male family members.

It's like he is tripping over his two leftist feet to defend sharia law

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrProsek posted:

Okay, so are you in favor of abolishing contract law? You can raise the exact same objection to contracts and yet I don't recall anyone saying we need to do away with contracts.

Lets equate religious courts with contract law.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

As soon as somebody who isn't a repugnant bigot starts complaining about Sharia, I'll start listening.

:rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manic X posted:

The problem began a very long time ago. Back in the early times of recent human civilisations (I'm talking 4000+ years ago) people were policed by communal values. Breaking of communal values meant one was abandoned by the community and left to fend for themselves. Humans work best in smaller communities. A global community can never work since it is hard to empathise with people you have never met.

A great example of humanity at its best was Ancient Athens. When democracy was first created, everyone in the city met once a month to vote on every policy that the city would employ for that month. People who committed crimes or gained too much political power were exiled from the city.

Funnily enough, that society began to fall when the Athenians got greedy and decided to invade other city states to increase their own already prosperous nation.

As sad as it is to say, I honestly don't think social mixing is a good idea; especially when certain cultures have agressive beliefs and tendencies.

that's multiculturalism (social mixing) and its a spectacular failure.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

"Other cultures get to survive"="multiculturalism is a failure"

Also I suspect that in your case the term "social mixing" is a thin disguise for "race mixing."

Some cultures aren't compatible with other ones.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Insect Court posted:

Whenever I hear self-styled leftists suggesting this(Ali is a simplistic dupe being manipulated) I have to wonder why we don't hear the same thing about those who aren't black women. I guess it's just easier to suggest that she just isn't up to the task of thinking for herself and is being directed by white men than it is to actually admit that she has a mind of her own.

And they are the first to announce who is, and isn't, a bigot. Such a mighty task that befalls them.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

People of any race who go to work for the American Enterprise Institute are dupes. Or bigots.

:rolleyes:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is really cool to think your way of thinking is the moral authority on the matter.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Helsing posted:

Generally speaking I would like to live in a society where your phenotype and your ethnicity do not have much, if any, statistical impact on who you have sex with or work with or live next to. For obvious reasons that means that implies a largely secular society in which traditional cultures take a backseat and people associate with each other based on other criteria (shared interests, geographical proximity, etc.).

So let's say we start this discussion from the perspective that greater cultural integraiton is a good thing, and that in the longer term stuff like Sharia Law, even if practiced on a voluntary basis, is not something to be encouraged.

It's not very clear to me how people posting in this thread right now propose to bring that society about. We've got posters -- some, based on their rap sheets, with a long track record of racist trolling -- attacking multiculturalism and claiming some cultures are just terrible and backwards. Well, what's the alternative policy for integrating people and getting them to live together? Other than trying to sound tough by telling what you obviously think are the hard cold truths about those backwards minorities, what, substantively speaking, is the alternative approach to actually creating a more level, welcoming and secular society?

Don't allow religious tribunal systems outside of the actual law of the land? Don't allow religions to treat women as second class citizens, and most importantly stop pretending that all cultures mores and social aspects are compatible with western society?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tei posted:

- Bacon is delicious. Are you guys mad?
- Sex is good, and getting married to have sex is stupid. Is best to have sex with a women before getting married because is possible that two people to not be sexually compatible. It will be sad to marry a women and be incompatible that way. But is easy avoidable.
- Your ideas about moral are not universal and probably are wrong. Don't be so full of yourself to try to force others to share your beliefs.
- I don't say womens are superior, or inferior, they are different, but they are humans. Because they are humans they are worthy of respect from everyone. All these rules havout threating womens worse is barbarism and dehumanizing.
- Theres nothing bad with being gay. If you don't like gays, don't be gay yourself, don't talk to gays or whatever. If your country have laws against gays, your country is a lovely hellholle and suck.
- Theres nothing bad with being atheist. If you don't like atheist, then gently caress yourself and don't be atheist yourself.
- No you don't own your childrens.
- No you don't own your daughter to sell her.
- No you don't own your wife. Is another person and if you are allowed to beat her, she is allowed to beat you, because she is a person like you are a person. Being male don't make you special.
- Europeans don't share your religion and beliefs, deal with it. We also think your religion is backwards and stupid, deal with it.

Islamophobe is too big a word. It mean you "hate" islam or "fear" it. Anyway If somebody feel that way, and really hate islam, I don't think is a irrational thing to do.

I agree with this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

computer parts posted:

Western Culture is pretty bad though, full of racists and colonialists.

I can think of way worse things than racism and colonialism happening in the Middle East.

• Locked thread