Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Mandy Thompson posted:

What the hell is wrong with us? I thought we were capable of being better than this. One violent incident (after hundreds of thousands of people in the middle east have been murdered by westerner's bombs and their drones) and we throw a massive parnoid tantrum, denying the Americanness and even humanity of American Muslims and falling in to the same trap we did with Jewish and Japanese during world war 2 with respect to Syrian refugees. It is truly heartbreaking to see more and more people defending this.

It turns out people are still assholes, and will act accordingly when slightly inconvenienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

As soon as somebody who isn't a repugnant bigot starts complaining about Sharia, I'll start listening.

That only works when complaining about sharia doesn't automatically make you consider someone a repugnant bigot, hth.

Squalid posted:

Why this hand wringing all of a sudden? The same reason the Republican Governors are lashing out at refugees. In the current climate of fear, everyone's looking for a way to target Muslims specifically. Opposing Sharia Courts is just another dog whistle.

It's a bad idea regardless of whether assholes also happen to oppose it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Oh not at all. Once we've gotten the "are you a bigot" question out of the way, we can move on to "are you a sucker being manipulated by bigots."

For example, Ayaan Hirsi Ali passes the first test, but fails the second.

why is that

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

religions are bad as a propagating source of magical thinking

if you disagree then we might as well close schools

Tei posted:

Arachnophobia

is also dumb and irrational, and people should make an effort not to make their kids freak out over every loving spider in sight to make it disappear

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

Tbh groups like Pegida claim their judeo-christian values, but they neither know what that even means nor have most of them entered a church in the last years. They collectively failed to know the lyrics of some of the most basic Christmas songs last year.

Just like the average religious extremist then :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure what Muslims could say to appease the militant xenophobes. Other than "I believe Jesus Christ to be the son of G-d, and denounce the false faith of Mohammad as a deception by the tempter Satan, and pledge myself to Christendom. All Muslims who do not convert are devils daring the skin of men; pass the hairshirt, I've got some flagellation to atone for the acts of terrorists whom I supported by not immediately converting to Chistianity to get to." of course.

brown christians also get shat on by regressives so no

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

computer parts posted:

Take a guess what type of households many atheists come from.

gently caress you, dad

also,

Squalid posted:

Those opposing Sharia in this thread should stop to inspect who their allies are in this fight. Fine upstanding characters like David Yerushalmi, who drafted many state bills banning sharia. He's an associate of Pam Geller and Terry Jones the Koran burning pastor, with charming opinions like the following:

blowfish posted:

It's a bad idea regardless of whether assholes also happen to oppose it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

no you see it's about religion in gaming journalism

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tei posted:

Apparently the turks are well integrated in germany, but many muslims seems to be alienated in france. I just seems is not has clear as you say.

At most, that statement should read "slightly less badly integrated".

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Have we finally figured out why the Muselmann deserves everything he has coming to him in this thread about islamophobia.

the muselmann drinks too much coffee

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Manic X posted:

I think people's empathy over the Syrian's drowning on there way to the UK was just people following a trend, without actually really caring.

True, and if there is some pretty grisly picture to create moral outrage it's a perfect shitstorm where everyone can feel RightTM for fifteen minutes and then go back to being terrible.

basically,

hits the nail on the head

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pussy Cartel posted:

Every time conservatives and New Atheists bring up Islam not being a race, I'm reminded of how anti-Muslim activity always seems to get targeted at people who aren't Muslims at all, but are, coincidentally enough, brown-skinned.

But sure, it's not about race, it's just about culture. Obviously.

I can believe someone like Harris or Dawkins is honestly criticising Islam's religious institutions but given that people are dumb many followers will just treat muslim and brown as interchangeable.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

doesn't mind mild pedophilia

lol, people keep dragging this up again and again, and fail to make the distinction between "not as bad as" and "good" in their white and black worldviews
e: His statement translated to goonspeak boils down to "Getting butt raped so hard your rear end in a top hat ruptures is worse than just getting butt raped, which in turn is worse than having your crotch fondled. All of these things are bad but some are worse."

Tezzor posted:

The problem with Dawkins and Harris' criticism of Islam is that they not only take the text as the sole factor in radicalism and ignore material considerations, they also belligerently declaim any consideration of material conditions as apologism.

This actually makes perfect sense if you consider the distribution of personal faiths among people of a religion to be statistical noise around the true parameter value of whatever that religion is. In the case of Islam it's particularly easy to do this because the koran is supposed to be the literal word of god and not an interpretation like say the different gospels of the bible. Therefore, any variation in personal faith beyond interpreting all the literal words of god and their order of precedence such as picking only the nice bits of scripture means you're an atheist or agnostic in denial, which given that religion is untrue is not that big of a deal. Material considerations don't matter for this argument because it's descriptive rather than prescriptive and is mainly suitable to showing that religion is a human construct rather than the truthTM about the world. The main mistake that Dawkins makes is forgetting this distinction when it comes to the real world where people are dumb and irrational about things and often believe in them because of their social context rather than because they sat down at their desk with a pen and paper and a cup of tea to do some philosophy.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 2, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Was the Khmer rouge really that bad? Sure I heard they killed people for wearing glasses, depopulated cities in an effort to create a brutal agrarian society and started a suicidal war with Vietnam but that's probably all :siren:Western Propaganda!:siren:

:agreed: paleokommunism can't fail, it can only be failed

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

it would be funny if trump wins, turns out to have totally lied in his campaign and goes on to be a generally sane (for a republican) president

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

You overestimate the sanity of the people.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I'll just repeat myself and say that people are, have always been, and always will be idiots and assholes.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

muslamic hip hop bros shooting uncultured ray guns at chavs

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Because women are property that loses value proportional to the number of men in contact with it, and because men are unable to resist temptation, obviously.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tezzor posted:

citation needed

citation needed for anyone who thinks people aren't earnestly afraid of others they have never met bu only ever hear scary things about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

these things aren't mutually exclusive you know

• Locked thread