Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
The problem began a very long time ago. Back in the early times of recent human civilisations (I'm talking 4000+ years ago) people were policed by communal values. Breaking of communal values meant one was abandoned by the community and left to fend for themselves. Humans work best in smaller communities. A global community can never work since it is hard to empathise with people you have never met.

A great example of humanity at its best was Ancient Athens. When democracy was first created, everyone in the city met once a month to vote on every policy that the city would employ for that month. People who committed crimes or gained too much political power were exiled from the city.

Funnily enough, that society began to fall when the Athenians got greedy and decided to invade other city states to increase their own already prosperous nation.

As sad as it is to say, I honestly don't think social mixing is a good idea; especially when certain cultures have agressive beliefs and tendencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Why is it when you question the compatability of certain cultures together, the automatic response by SJWs is the race card.

I can 100% say that as long as a person abides by the one human law that everyone agrees on (treat others as you would like to be treated) then I am happy to mix with that person.

However certain cultures apply that rule only to people of the same culture, and everyone else is a demon or a heretic or inferior etc...

Until people put their values as a human first, cultures will always be incompatible in some way.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

computer parts posted:

Yeah we should talk to white culture about dealing with that.

you was assuming that I was referring to Islamic cultures.

I mean Western cultures in particular who raid and pillage other countries.

Western countries should stop intefering in eastern lands, because we all know our governments don't intefere to peacekeep.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Popular Thug Drink posted:

"i have sympathy for young british muslims who leave the UK to join syrian fighters" is not nearly the same question as "i have sympathy for ISIS fighters". please be honest

It's like when Jeremy Corbyn referred to having talks with our friends in Hamas. It's just the way he talks, but the tabloids were all over him being a Hamas sympathiser.

What gets me is the same people I know in the UK who were in tears over the drowning of that Syrian refugee, are all for bombing Syria, and then when you show them innocent civilians being destroyed, their response is: but at least we're killing ISIS.

I think people's empathy over the Syrian's drowning on there way to the UK was just people following a trend, without actually really caring.

• Locked thread