Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There really is a crazy amount of detail in this game, I've played it probably a dozen times but find something new every time. I even kind of like the dumb bonus modes you can unlock even though no one ever talks about them.

E: Speaking of the chief's house, did you find the room with the urinal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

the bonus modes are the best part of RE4 IMO. mercenaries changed my life, it's even better in RE5 even though the actual campaign isn't super great

Mercenaries is definitely the best but shines the most when you're playing as HUNK, Krauser or Wesker. Let me do stuff I can't do in the base game like shoot arrows, snap necks, and dragon punch people. Also I wish Wesker's silencer was in the single player campaign, even if there aren't a whole lot of places where it pays to be stealthy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

gtrmp posted:

though it's pretty obvious when you play Separate Ways that it was mainly designed to show off how many more enemies the PS2 could have on-screen at once compared to the original Gamecube version, because there are a bunch of places where the game throws a whole bunch of dudes at you all in one big clump like they just fell out of a clown car instead of pacing them out like in the main game

Counterpoint: Separate Ways looks really rough compared to the main game if you're on the Wii version and can look at them "side by side". Still fun but you can tell it was made for a PS2.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

As a Millennial I posted:

at the time, i felt like ashley was the first ai partner to not be a complete pain in the rear end, and that's why

Has there been another AI companion as easy to cart around as Ashley? It was probably easier to program her to stay out of your way since she isn't supposed to get into combat, but even so it's been ten years and I don't think I've heard as much positive talk around another companion.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The ganado just savagely impaled to a wall with a pitchfork even though they never seem to attack each other

Guess there's no sex discrimination here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is there anything in the Steam version of this game that makes it worth buying if I already own the Wii version

• Locked thread