Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I died before the title even showed up...lol.

It's the best cold opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
what're ya buyin?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

i just meant the call screen is very reminiscent of the mgs2 codec calls is all

Hunnigan is the Nastasha of the game

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
RE4 has the best alt skins.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

frank.club posted:

Using armor suit Ashley as a trap :troll:

Letting a giant pick up armor ashley

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I forgot that I had a knife. I haven't had too many ammo problems but unless they have projectiles I've been doing one headshot + melee + headshot on the ground

Knife becomes more of a tool to break boxes and planks of wood. Having it be a dedicated button is a definite qol upgrade so you don't have to waste time pausing the game to swap it in.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I think I killed Salazar's monster bodyguard and Salazar with rocket launchers every time I played through this game

I keep forgetting to save those on the right hand. I didn't kill that thing until new game plus.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's doable if you have the TMP upgraded and enough ammo

oh poo poo. i never buy that gun. :eek:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Evil Eagle posted:

RE4 is one of the most replayable games of its type. It's so much fun to play through with a new loadout, and there are so many weird things that you'll miss the first time through like going back across the lake after you get the church emblem and finding brand new enemies before you're supposed to. Aside from the first village fight which is pretty drat hard the first time I think it has an almost perfect difficulty curve as well. RE4 is a masterpiece.

:yeah:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Doctor Goat posted:

get it just for mercs and maybe leon's campaign

is re5 mercs any good? i bought gold edition for 360 and it was locked behind ng+ or something and i couldn't be assed to play through

5 ain't as bad as I thought it would be. 4 is still the best but 5 is fun with a buddy. Mercs is always good but I never got far enough to compare it with 4.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
tfw when you stop dynamite and axes midair with your bullets

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Regenerators are the scariest enemy in any video game

They're the best enemies. Especially the upgraded ones

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

Some of the running away from boulders QTEs look really insane. When I mash Leon pumps his arms like the Flash and moves at superhuman speed. Is that a PC oddity or does it always look like that

that was funny on the wii version bc you have to do a drum solo motion with the wiimote and nunchuk as fast as you can to outrun the boulder.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I wanna get this again and try out that tmp I've avoided

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

omg you get Exclusive upgrades once you max out a weapons stats...my Red9 is now stronger than a shotgun. jesus christ

max out the striker

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Besides the bad AI for sp the only bad part of re5 I remember is one of the fights required incendiary grenades. There's a flamethrower you can recharge over and over again but it never felt like it caused enough damage.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rediscover posted:

it's really fun murking everyone effortlessly

this, and putting on the gangster outfit and never having to worry about ashley again.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
don't solo 5. there's one boss fight that's rear end without incendiaries but the rest of the game is fine.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Resident Evil 5 completely missed the point of why Resident Evil 4 is cool and decided what we all really wanted back was the grim tone and convoluted Umbrella garbage, also forced co op poo poo screws up the gameplay and Tetris inventory. In summary: boooo

Most shooters during that time made coop integral to the story and I think that's a bad move. Halo and dead rising 2 made player 2 a clone of the main character and it didn't get in the way of gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Doctor Goat posted:

Oven Man owns.

The best jump scare in gaming

• Locked thread