Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The red 9 is the go to gun but the broken butterfly has the sickest reload animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I freakin love RE4

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The red 9 is the go to gun but the broken butterfly has the sickest reload animation

In fact iirc the weird merchant guy even says IT AIN'T JUST ABOUT THE SHOOTIN IT'S THE RELOADIN HEH HEH when you buy it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I think I killed Salazar's monster bodyguard and Salazar with rocket launchers every time I played through this game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

The shotgun feels sooooo good. I haven't played this in a few days but I still keep thinking about it

Definitely pick up the striker shotgun when you can it's one of the best guns in the game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Pyf little things in games: Leon is. American badass and refuses to pronounce Luis's name right the whole game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I got the Punisher and quickly sold it back. I have no interest in the Red9. Ive been using handgun and shotgun the whole game so far. With a smattering of TMG now that I've upgraded it (gently caress the dogs)

Dude no get the red 9. You're blowing this

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I reached 3-1 and was overwhelmed by shop options and then saw the pan over the level geometry and Alt F4ed out of sheer fear. I wont be able to play aagain until this weekend but im going to play a lot then. I loving love this game. So much!!!

Which one is that again

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Omg that level is incredibly sick

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Regenerators are the scariest enemy in any video game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason posted:

re4 hd is on sale but it's 6.79 this thread really made me want to play it again

It's worth it but you gotta have a nice pc, mine is pretty old but has a brand new gtx 960 and still chugs in big areas like the town square at the beginning

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

eh it ran weirdly for me. Really old PC but just had really odd lag spikes at strange parts

Big areas just run in smooth slow motion on mine and it actually makes the game too easy at times

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason posted:

aw what
mine is a 460 SE i dont think its even close to what you have i thought the game was basically the same thing with widescreen and some better quality textures

Yeah but capcom sucks at optimizing for PC

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It definitely didn't ruin playing through the game again because it's one of the all time greats but it was sort of frustrating

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I have a GTX970 and it runs at a constant 60.

It's probably more a processor issue, I have a core 2 quad from like 2008

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Some of the running away from boulders QTEs look really insane. When I mash Leon pumps his arms like the Flash and moves at superhuman speed. Is that a PC oddity or does it always look like that
Hehe nope that's right out of the gamecube version

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Azraelle posted:

You can really tell that the people who made the game knows that dialogue in the earlier games are incredibly cheezy, and just decided to embrace it and carry on the tradition.

I see that the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

A xenomorph just decapitated me

You can use the tanks in the corners to freeze him then blow him up with a rocket launcher if you're pro and kept one

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I did keep one but I just ran away for 4 minutes and used the rocket launcher on the two trolls. Well I dumped one in the lava and then blew the other one to kingdom come.

I didn't even know not killing him was an option :sweatdrop:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

The text even says 4 minutes until the elevator arrives. also, lol, the rocket launcher really does just one shot anything. I beat the 4-4 boss in five seconds but i quit and wanna do it legit.

Ohhhh yeah the elevator. Wow, memory fail

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The bug puke one is great but Leon getting his head chainsawed clean off will always be the ultimate classic

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I didnt know you could mix red, yellow and green herbs all together in one.

Jeez

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

voltron lion force posted:

That's the hardest fight in the game relative to your equipment imo

Ehh there's enough grenades and ammo around the barn to mitigate it and if memory serves you can do environmental damage to him once as well. Not a super hard fight imo

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The fight with 2 El Gigante in the narrow canyon is the toughest I can think of off the top of my head

Unless there's only one and I'm remembering wrong. I'm retarded lol.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Tfw you walk back into the village chiefs bedroom at chapter start :wth:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

I forget chapter numbers but there's a chapter that ends after you read a letter that's sitting on the village chiefs bed and the next chapter starts outside his bedroom door. If you walk back in he appears and fucks you up in a cutscene

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I love all the work that went into such goofy one off death animations.

It's one of the most lovingly and meticulously crafted games I've ever played.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Leon scott kennedy singing: crazy chainsaw guy is gonna mow me down

If you're STARS and on a search
I've got ballistics for you to perv on

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Which boss is this? The blind guy with claws?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I'm blanking on other cage fights

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Ohhhh wait the super gross monster guy yeah that poo poo is intense!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
For some reason in my latest playthrough I'm running a lot lower on ammo in general. Maybe because I bought the TMP when all my other runs have been pure pistol/shotgun. But I feel like I'll be hosed later on cuz I'm not stockpiling like I seemed to be able to in previous games

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I guess the obvious answer is my aim is getting worse because now I'm a middle aged drunkard

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when u open a random dumpster and there's a weird sack inside that glows red in heat vision and frantically flops around and Leon is like "what the gently caress" and never mentions it again

The ganado just savagely impaled to a wall with a pitchfork even though they never seem to attack each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Not bad for a rusty guy

• Locked thread