Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Record your grandparents' story this Thanksgiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcN08Tg3PWw

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
how does one go about recording 4 buried corpses slowly decaying?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Space-Pope posted:

how does one go about recording 4 buried corpses slowly decaying?

epic same

my grandpa on the side i take after died at 58 and my grandma on that side died at 90. if i make it to 60 I'm going long

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

my other grandpa was a doctor in rural canada in the 1940s and 1950s, then went back to school to become a research psychiatrist specializing in childhood development and autism. my grandma was a psychiatric nurse in the days before psychiatric drugs. they had many, many sotires between them

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

my grandma was a tiny little lady and sometimes she would work overnight shifts alone on the locked ward with dudes who were floridly psychotic. imagine the craziest person imaginable, but without any sort of medication other than tranquilizers. my grandma's safety system was clanging her big ring of keys against the radiator so one of the burly orderlies from somewhere else in the hospital would come runnning. one time a guy was literally choking her out when she somehow managed to alert someone by banging her keys on the floor.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

holocaust survivors on one side, alzheimer's not-survivors on the other. great luck runs in the family!!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

did you do that thing hipsters were doing for a while where they got their grandparents numbers tattooed on their arms

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

holocaust survivors on one side, alzheimer's not-survivors on the other. great luck runs in the family!!
well,

the ones who survived the holocaust are kind of lucky

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Blackula69 posted:

did you do that thing hipsters were doing for a while where they got their grandparents numbers tattooed on their arms

:wtc:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Space-Pope posted:

well,

the ones who survived the holocaust are kind of lucky
kind of

Blackula69 posted:

no, but gently caress you deeply

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah it was a pretty dumb and awful trend

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

don't sign your posts

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
my grandfather had a job as a rock blaster mining in northern ontario when he was in his early 20s. then he became a canadian merchant marine, followed by a stint as a small arms instructor in the canadian army during ww2

he had some rad stories and then he had stories he took to his grave

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
my grandpa had a pretty cool story about taking his P-47 for a joyride on V-J Day. wish I'd heard it before he'd died.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
one of my grandparents was a nazi war criminal, op.

thread title doesnt hold true.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

my grandpa was a mainframe operator in the 60s and 70s and always complained about how much memory my laptop had like I was wasting a precious resource or something

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

my grandpa was a navigator for nuclear bombers. as a kid i had all his flight "computers", which were complicated slide-rules. he went on to design satellites during the cold war. my other grandpa was a nuclear sub commander during the cold war, but he still won't talk about most of what he did. the nuclear apocalypse runs in my family i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

yard salad posted:

my grandpa was a navigator for nuclear bombers. as a kid i had all his flight "computers", which were complicated slide-rules. he went on to design satellites during the cold war. my other grandpa was a nuclear sub commander during the cold war, but he still won't talk about most of what he did. the nuclear apocalypse runs in my family i guess
way to go, otacon :smug:

• Locked thread