Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Farmer and Pettine at Cleveland.

Haslam, his arms wide.

Manziel, when the Browns fell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kRL9ESmhC8

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The Dominion War was probably the high point of the entire Star Trek franchise.

I really need to watch DS9 again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dune is better.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Star trek sucks and if you like it you're a mega dweeb

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Galaxy Quest was great, and the scene of the red shirt dude realizing they were actually in a Star Trek situation and no one knew his name was amazing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Star Wars is better.

:can: :unsmigghh:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ammanas posted:

Star trek sucks and if you like it you're a mega dweeb

Would you prefer the detailed discussion of the finer points of farting in a car?

You can find that over in that thread about the Chargers moving to somewhere that's not San Diego

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

i'm convinced Enterprise was created and written by people with grudges against Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock

The gently caress? This is the loving worst opinion you've ever shared in TFF.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Sash! posted:

Would you prefer the detailed discussion of the finer points of farting in a car?
Turn on the heated seats first and make sure you hit the window lock. Bonus points if it is a hot summer day and you switch the heat on right before letting it rip.

You are all welcome

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

Galaxy Quest was great, and the scene of the red shirt dude realizing they were actually in a Star Trek situation and no one knew his name was amazing.

Sam Rockwell is amazing in everything he`s in... unlike Johnny Football.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

More like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7rOUSvYM8

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chromatic posted:

The Dominion War was probably the high point of the entire Star Trek franchise.

I really need to watch DS9 again.

Like I said earlier, once it ripped off B5, it got pretty decent until Sisko Messiah nonsense.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Season 3 of Enterprise is like, peak Star Trek.

hth

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

As I recall, it was also voted the 3rd or 4th best Star Trek movie of all time by Star Trek fans.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thaddius the Large posted:

As I recall, it was also voted the 3rd or 4th best Star Trek movie of all time by Star Trek fans.

They're not wrong.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Thaddius the Large posted:

Honestly Galaxy Quest is probably the best Star Trek movie ever made

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I don't think so Tim

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Parmesan Basil posted:

Wonder what TNG episode is Manziel's favorite...

Movies count? First Contact - A heavily drunk man moves extremely fast and becomes a hero.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Johnny is basically the villain from Nemesis with more hair and acne.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Febreeze posted:

Honestly Galaxy Quest is probably the best Star Trek movie ever made

This is true because cool camp factor aside, the ST movies have all sucked. Basically, all the TNG movies.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

Johnny is basically the villain from Nemesis with more hair and acne.

and just like tom hardy he often finds himself waking up in the desert surrounded by shirtless people with tubes pumping fluid from his organs

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I know all the time I spend in TFF is a complete waste but now I am actually ashamed of it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It's the year 2016 and people are surprised and ashamed that other people on the Internet are giant loving nerds. Like, really, who expected better?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Update: andy found his luggage

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

warcrimes posted:

This is true because cool camp factor aside, the ST movies have all sucked. Basically, all the TNG movies.

Star Trek VI is a pretty good movie and possibly the only one that could have existed without the series.

I once postulated that it was basically a James Bond script that ended up with spaceships and aliens.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
By all means, people who don't like Trek Chat, bring us more Johnny Manziel news instead of complaining about the fact that a nerd forum is filled with nerds

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

warcrimes posted:

All the movies without Ricardo Montalban in them.

All Trek movies should've been Picard and Kirk chasing Khan as he gets up to various shenanigans.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

warcrimes posted:

First Contact is really good and I will fight you

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
You know, you aren't required to post. It's really easy, here let me demonstrate:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
oh poo poo oops bad example

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I liked it better the first time I saw it when it was called Terminator. And a splash of Aliens. First five minutes was cool, I'll allow that.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

warcrimes posted:

I liked it better the first time I saw it when it was called Terminator. And a splash of Aliens. First five minutes was cool, I'll allow that.

I liked Terminator better when it was called The City on the Edge of Forever:smug:

Or Soldier

Or Demon with a Glass Hand

Basically what I am getting at is that Harlan Ellison only had two plots

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 2, 2016

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I think the JJ Abrams movies are the best in the Trek series

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
One thing I liked about the Star Trek TNG movies is how they kept on having to make excuses for Worf being back on the Enterprise until one movie they just said gently caress it as a joke.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sash! posted:

Star Trek VI is a pretty good movie and possibly the only one that could have existed without the series.

I once postulated that it was basically a James Bond script that ended up with spaceships and aliens.

It's a fall of the USSR documentary that owns. One of my top 10 favorite, and a score that just apes Holst the whole time, like all soundtracks should.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Picard's character arc regresses to make it work, but it's excellent as well.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I liked Terminator better when it was called The City on the Edge of Forever:smug:

Or Soldier

Or Demon with a Glass Hand

Basically what I am getting at is that Harlan Ellison only had two plots

Goddammit, you edited in part of my retort. The other part was that Kirk and Spock weren't going back in time to kill a young McCoy. Also, Ellison's original script was amazing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Goddammit, you edited in part of my retort. The other part was that Kirk and Spock weren't going back in time to kill a young McCoy. Also, Ellison's original script was amazing.

Harlan Ellison is a tiny lovely hack and his original script was trash

The only cool part was Kirk deliberately killing the woman, but the drug dealing thing and the ending where the villain is sent to an eternal hell of an exploding sun was dumb.

Also I have no mouth and I must scream was a terrible story come fight me nerds

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
close this thread jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
First Contact is the johnny manziel of star trek movies

it loving sucks

• Locked thread