Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
new game for wii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

sean price posted:

new game for wii

Tell that to Junpei, he's like halfway finished the greatest strategy game of our time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
But when I play Mario Maker I'm creating stuff as well. Where does that put me???

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
creators are scum, in a capitalist society the only moral thing to do is consume.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I have ideas and opinions, does that count OP?

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

We are already past the point where there is vastly more content being created than anyone could ever hope to consume, and that content is growing exponentially, as is the number of people contributing to it.

I think it's important to see the world from as many different perspectives as possible. As part of that, the act of creation is important, as it not helps you to shape and refine your own perspective, but it adds a new perspective to the world for other people to see as well.

But the more time you spend creating, the less time you are allowing yourself to see all the other perspectives that people have to offer with their own created works, and you don't have enough time in a lifetime to see more than a tiny fraction of a percentage of it as it is.

OP is a valid concern, but playing and discussing games, in and of itself, is not preventing anyone from creating anything. It's actually probably contributing quite a bit.

Everyone, please take things in moderation, so that you may live life to the fullest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Title is right and that's why I bought SmileBASIC on 3DS and Mario Maker. Gonna create some stuff and get rich and famous and then you'll all see. YOU'LL SEE!

• Locked thread