Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

They're called "Pete" now fyi

yeah but having Pete & Pete mean "Isis and Isis" would kind of gently caress with a classic television show

can we settle for Peter Parker?

Peter Parker is committing genocide again

Whoops Peter Parker looted the antiquities I guess

That Robot fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

That Robot posted:

note to self: babypolis will white knight for dead terrorist girls. will he white knight for the Bund Deutscher Mädel? find out in the next thrilling episode of dragon ball z
hehe

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i lust for kebab death

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

abigserve posted:

Kramer: jerry, you gotta help me

Jerry: Why what is it?

K: I'm in over my head with these isis people jerry, at first I thought I agreed with their world view but the next thing you know VRRRRRRRROOT! No more pig meat.

George: Pig meat? Like, pork?

K: ANY MEAT FROM A PIG, george, and you know if I can't eat pork I'm not kramer. I've got three brides at home and I can't THINK straight!

G: Hey what part of the pig is bacon?

J: The bacon glands.
*Kramer starts stuffing deli meats into his mouth*

J: Look at this you're getting sausage all over my counter!

K: Mmthelp me jherry! HELPTH ME *sausage and spittle is everywhere*

J: I'm afraid I'm allah out of ideas.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

haha

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

even heaven needs sysadmins

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

That Robot posted:

yes, yes, go directly to the "lol MRA fedora" bit even though it's a hilarious accusation with no bearing in truth

you don't even give these women agency - they are capable of making their own decisions, just like men do.

they chose poorly but you want to excuse their memory of that

I don't think anyone is suggesting that joining any terrorist group or ISIS in particular is a positive choice for anyone involved. I don't think I ever claimed that these women didn't have agency in their decision or their own reasons. It's possible to understand that ISIS is one of the most repugnant organizations in recent memory, much less one that masquerades as a functioning state, and still be baffled at how ready some goons seem to be to celebrate ISIS's brand of internal "justice".

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Stupid Baby posted:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that joining any terrorist group or ISIS in particular is a positive choice for anyone involved. I don't think I ever claimed that these women didn't have agency in their decision or their own reasons. It's possible to understand that ISIS is one of the most repugnant organizations in recent memory, much less one that masquerades as a functioning state, and still be baffled at how ready some goons seem to be to celebrate ISIS's brand of internal "justice".

Guys I touch stove I get burned, I knowingly touched the stove, btw feel bad for me.

Remember this is considered common knowledge over there:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 29, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol at the teenaged girls who left the confines of their subforum to go to the posting utopia that is GBS only to find it wasn't what they had in mind

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

I love all the dumb people that think Islam is cool, they are like "well, only 1 percent of them believe in the extremist views" They have stats and graphs showing this. This is the best they can get. It's "just" 1%. Hey shitlords, it's true, it's only one percent. That's still 22,000,000 people. No problem, rofl, let them all in.

You are waaaay off on your stats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg&app=desktop

In Britain more muslims joined ISIS than joined the british military.

Thanks to SA I learn a lot why the left in Europe is going to poo poo, an it is largely because of the leftist tards that reject the possibility that salafi or wahabbi islam increases the muslim propensity for martry murder rampages.

I love it when agag or the board's other sjws show up to care-post everyone a racist then fade away.

But guyz can we steer this thread toward more pressing social issues like pronouns and appropriation of culture?

Sethex fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 29, 2015

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

wiffle ball bat posted:

The Isis recruiter who managed to snag a couple hot white teen girls for terrorist broodmares is probably a legend, that dude must have serious game.

Wanna hear his elevator pitch.

Sethex posted:

You are waaaay off on your stats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg&app=desktop

In Britain more muslims joined ISIS than joined the british military.

I love it when agag or the board's other sjws show up to care-post everyone a racist then fade away.

But guyz can we steer this thread toward more pressing social issues like pronouns and appropriation of culture?

There are no factors outside of religion when a person decides to fight for a terrorist group, kill all muslims, end all terrorism.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 29, 2015

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Wanna hear his elevator pitch.

There are no factors outside of religion when a person decides to fight for a terrorist group, kill all muslims, end all terrorism.

There are no socio-economic circumstances that affect muslims country by country that doesn't affect other groups.

Well other than their religion obvi.

Last I checked the latin american doesn't have much of a global terrorism movement.

The typical retort is to mention "other social causes" as a vague blanket to excuse violent religious doctrine while hoping to indirectly blame colonialism, but that isnt a very good excuse unless you care to get specific what those other factors are.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 29, 2015

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sethex posted:

There are no socio-economic circumstances that affect muslims country by country other than their religion. Last i checked the latin american doesn't have much of a global terrorism movement.

The typical retort is to mention "other social causes" as a vague blanket to excuse violent religious doctrine while hoping to indirectly blame colonialism, but that isnt a very good excuse unless you care to get specific what those other factors are.

Guess your right, kill all muslims.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Criticising religion = Nazism, new sjw meta

It is like you guys have a formula that defaults to calling people nazis if you can't argue a position.

Its cute, you got a mental rigidity that reminds me of conservatives I used to argue with during the Iraq War.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 29, 2015

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Turtle Sandbox posted:

lol

you are destroying leftism.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Islamopologism pretty rampant ITT.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Islam appeals to me because I read it as 'I slam' and that fits my hard dunking play style.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Atari posted:

Islam appeals to me because I read it as 'I slam' and that fits my hard dunking play style.

You see the west is like the NBA right, and ISIS is like street ballers, they have skill but the league wont recognize because they are just poor ballers playing in the desert.

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009
Cleaning out the idiots one at a time.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Communists are pretty religious, imo. :colbert:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm sad my boyband joke about Allah for one was overshadowed by callings of racism for making fun of morons for being morons.

Maybe I'm just telling myself that though because I fear the truth that no one knows who All For one were or my joke wasn't that good...

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

For historical reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Waffen-SS_foreign_volunteers_and_conscripts

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
ISIS motivated by love of the game/sick dunks, NOT religion.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Why do goons think islam is a race? Like if a black person converts, do goons consider them to have changed race from black to muslim? Last time I checked race and ideology aren't the same thing (aside from nationalism?).

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OldMemes posted:

Why do goons think islam is a race? Like if a black person converts, do goons consider them to have changed race from black to muslim? Last time I checked race and ideology aren't the same thing (aside from nationalism?).

The regressive left isn't really capable of defending its position.

So you can be all : 'hey wouldn't it be okay to treat religions different based on the fact that some preach martyrdom and are funded directly by saudis and some aren't/don't?'

An then they be all like 'dats genocide shitlord'

I don't really get what they are after, these people suppress ALL religious discourse, but all i see that accomplishing is giving the discussion around religion to right wing extremists.

When the only thing the left is capable of claiming without upsetting it's reactionaries is "factors other than religion" make islamic pan-nationalism a thing, they effectively alienate people who know better. An some of those people will likely find the ultranationalist narrative slightly less dishonest, which is bad and happening now.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 29, 2015

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014

Sethex posted:

The regressive left isn't really capable of defending its position.

So you can be all : 'hey wouldn't it be okay to treat religions different based on the fact that some preach martyrdom and are funded directly by saudis and some aren't/don't?'

An then they be all like 'dats genocide shitlord'

I don't really get what they are after, these people suppress ALL religious discourse, but all i see that accomplishing is giving the discussion around religion to right wing extremists.

When the only thing the left is capable of claiming without upsetting it's reactionaries is "factors other than religion" make islamic pan-nationalism a thing, they effectively give alienate people who know better. An some of those people will likely find the ultranationalist narrative slightly less dishonest.

lol wjhat is all of this stupid poo poo. help i'm being oppressed as a white trash

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

"The regressive left" lmao you loving clownshow

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

trump2016

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
lol. what did these girls think would happen to them. mega lol.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

Tumblrites are absolutely regressive left tho

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

OldMemes posted:

slight not serious counterpoint: Nation of Islam

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

You see the west is like the NBA right, and ISIS is like street ballers, they have skill but the league wont recognize because they are just poor ballers playing in the desert.

By resorting to weak-rear end sarcasm like this you've admitted defeat.

Back your poo poo up and win the argument or just leave, it's sad.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How hard is it to practice Islam in Vienna anyways?

Whenever I read that justification I always read it as:

"It's so hard to force other people to practice Islam in Austria".

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

Are yoj denying that this is a thing? Professors in the us are terrified of their students.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

Guys I touch stove I get burned, I knowingly touched the stove, btw feel bad for me.

Remember this is considered common knowledge over there:

What a beautiful and peaceful religion.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

abigserve posted:

Kramer: jerry, you gotta help me

Jerry: Why what is it?

K: I'm in over my head with these isis people jerry, at first I thought I agreed with their world view but the next thing you know VRRRRRRRROOT! No more pig meat.

George: Pig meat? Like, pork?

K: ANY MEAT FROM A PIG, george, and you know if I can't eat pork I'm not kramer. I've got three brides at home and I can't THINK straight!

G: Hey what part of the pig is bacon?

J: The bacon glands.
*Kramer starts stuffing deli meats into his mouth*

J: Look at this you're getting sausage all over my counter!

K: Mmthelp me jherry! HELPTH ME *sausage and spittle is everywhere*

J: I'm afraid I'm allah out of ideas.

jesus christ why do these never get old lmao

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stopping Muslims from killing people is oppressing them and the white man should be ashamed of himself.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Whats the official progressive stance on Sweden ?
They were accepting tons of refugees and suddendly went "please no more we're full".

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

How hard is it to practice Islam in Vienna anyways?

Whenever I read that justification I always read it as:

"It's so hard to force other people to practice Islam in Austria".

It gets harder the closer you get to the gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

unpacked robinhood posted:

Whats the official progressive stance on Sweden ?
They were accepting tons of refugees and suddendly went "please no more we're full".

The government realized the whole free room, board and no questions asked policy was a bad idea.

• Locked thread