Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

hemale in pain posted:

I'm glad a terrorist is dead

Do you really think these girls fit the definition of terrorists

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you're going to join an armed group and you're on an active battlefield and are actively assisting them or holding a weapon, you are part of the conflict. If you' don't want to die on a battlefield then don't loving go.

in a battle everything is fair and everything is equal

That's never been true at any point in the hosed up history of humanity, even when genocide was just another way of waging warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes they do actually.

What did they actually do then besides join up and immediately get turned into de facto sex slaves

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Taint Reaper posted:

ISIS is a large organization and not everyone in it is some foot solider. But you're still part of ISIS and that does make you a terrorist by default.

Literally celebrating the fact that a couple girls were groomed, recruited, turned into sex slaves, and beaten to death by terrorists is a position that cannot even be measured in Jon Pops

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

babypolis posted:

once you have complete control of someones life its not that hard to change their worldview and convince them that the henious poo poo they do its justified or propaganda or whatever the gently caress. i dont think they were cognizant of what isis actually was. hence why they attempted to escape shortly after joining

What heinous poo poo did they -actually- do? Did they mastermind a shooting? Train new recruits in IED construction? Suicide bomb a bus? Or just get conned, raped, and beaten to death?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Minorkos posted:

don't get your taint reapen

There's a point where irony completely fails to be a defense, this poo poo has left that point far over the horizon

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I don't know if the 1700s are an era you really want to bring up when calling for the rape and murder of anyone even tangentially associated with terrorist tactics

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Taint Reaper posted:

It was the golden age of piracy and the Pre-US government even back then was paying off pirate ships that originated from the middle east in order to not attack their stuff

Also there was this weird practice of kidnapping people and murdering them when they tried to run away.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Zzulu posted:

if you're mentally ill its okay if you kill people

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's pretty evident that the cops thought he was crazy because as he surrendered they were listening in on his conversations and they thought there was another person in the room.

People who were stuck in the clinic also heard him talking to himself

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

blowfish posted:

no but basically if you're dumb enough / vaguely angry enough at undefined things in you're culture / going gently caress you dad strong enough to join daesh you basically deserve what's coming to you

Just to be clear, you're saying that these two girls deserved to be married off to Isis fighters, raped, and beaten to death for trying to escape?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

That Robot posted:

hey guys this dude with an alf avatar is really concerned that we're offending the memory of this isis girl lol

it's some crazy white knighting and its v funny

lol stupid baby you are tilting at the dumbest windmills :laffo:

I don't think it's very funny that people are literally applauding the acts of the actual ISIS terrorists for grooming, raping, and then beating to death women because they have worked out in their head that they (the two girls) can technically be called "terrorists" despite never having committed nor probably never even intended to commit actual terrorist acts

To me it's just another incident in the long list of atrocities committed by groups committed by ISIS, Boko Haram, AQ, and others. To some goons it's apparently an excuse to let their inner MRA shine. It's okay, guys! She wasn't technically a victim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

That Robot posted:

yes, yes, go directly to the "lol MRA fedora" bit even though it's a hilarious accusation with no bearing in truth

you don't even give these women agency - they are capable of making their own decisions, just like men do.

they chose poorly but you want to excuse their memory of that

I don't think anyone is suggesting that joining any terrorist group or ISIS in particular is a positive choice for anyone involved. I don't think I ever claimed that these women didn't have agency in their decision or their own reasons. It's possible to understand that ISIS is one of the most repugnant organizations in recent memory, much less one that masquerades as a functioning state, and still be baffled at how ready some goons seem to be to celebrate ISIS's brand of internal "justice".

• Locked thread