Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

:siren: ONE DAY LEFT FOR SUBMISSIONS! :siren:

So, with the Haagen-Dazs season upon us now, it's time to get together and shout at each other over which of our number is most right in a brand new Sheep Game!

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) with the tag Sheep Game in the subject line. Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

code:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell.
Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11pm Pacific Time on Tuesday, December 22nd (0600 UTC on Wednesday, December 23rd) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread at 3pm Pacific Time on Thursday, December 24th (2200 UTC on Thursday, December 24th), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3pm Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. This automotive-related myth just refuses to die.
2. I wish automotive forums posters would stop arguing about __________, it's so stupid.
3. If you had to own only one car for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. While there are no doubt several cars that we would like to have in our dream collections, everybody has a number of cars that they would absolutely need to own, no questions asked. This is my number.
5. Considering that many of us work on our cars ourselves, we constantly live in fear of sound - funny sounds coming out of nowhere; putting everything back together and there's a new sound all of a sudden. This sound is the one I dread hearing the most.
6. This is the best car/truck advertisement I've ever seen.
7. This brand consistently has the nicest interiors in their products, if you ask me.
8. On the other hand, this brand consistently has the worst interiors.
9. I would love to see this engine form factor from days gone by make a comeback.
10. In my opinion this car company, more than any other, contributed more to the development of cars as we know them today than any other.
11. In previous Sheep Games, we've discussed what makes a sports car a sports car. Let's talk about the opposite - this is the most important feature or characteristic for an everyday car, suitable for commuting, errands and the general Monday-Friday grind.
12. For an everyday car without a performance-level trim, this car is a fantastic driver's car.
13. For an everyday car, this is is the smallest amount of horsepower I would consider to be adequate.
14. On the flip side of the argument, I would say that an everyday car with more than this much horsepower is pointless.
15. This amount of horsepower in a car makes me sit up and think, "hmmm, that's definitely going to be sporty."
16. On the topic of power, this is the best power adder for any engine and all other opinions are therefore wrong.

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Until the submission deadline, discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11pm Pacific Time on Tuesday, December 22nd (0600 UTC on Wednesday, December 23rd). See you all for the reveal!

MrChips fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

This sheep approves of this post.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Yay new sheep game.
I'll look at the prompts later.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Awwww yiss. I'll be filling out my entry tomorrow. Maybe I can improve on my impressive debut from the last game.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks again MrChips, figured I might as well stick to a lovely theme with my answers this time so lets see how we go.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm in, unlike last time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hmmmmmmmmm

*Gets sudden brainwave*

I apologise for the format of my answers in advance :D

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Sent mine, first time in on this!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

And I'm in!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Finally caught one of these games before the deadline!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Aww yiss, can't wait to get home and answer these, I've already got half my answers picked out which is rare.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have sent the correct answers in, everybody else's are wrong.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Chips you are a good man for continuing to do this. Answers to be sent later.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I just submitted my first ever entry to the Sheep Game! Hooray!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Answers submitted.

The answers provided by this poster are in no way cultured or informed and should be therefore handled as if this poster has no idea what they have done.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Horrible opinions sent in.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

11 entries so far ladies and gentlemen. Keep them rolling!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Bump for sheep gamey goodness.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
In it to win it

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Answers submitted.

I'm sorry.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I'm in.

This should be embarrassing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Sent. I'm going to get totally annihilated on this one.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I just realized that for the previous game, none of my answers included the terms "Subaru," "boxer," or some variation of "brrrt." This has been rectified.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

My answers are completely terrible, but they are sent.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

The Locator posted:

My answers are completely terrible, but they are sent.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Answers sent in.

I fully expect to finish in the bottom 10, like before.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Getting in on this for the first time. E-mail sent!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My answers have been sent. The last few games I have been too honest and less like the hive-mind. I am trying to reconcile my past with higher points.

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sent. I'm going to get totally annihilated on this one.

You and me too... I'm aiming for the marque fanboy low score.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So, uh, 25 entries so far. :stare: Keep 'em coming in guys!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Baaaa. I'll make sure I can get my answers in before the deadline. Been too busy lately and can't wait for the next time I have nothing to do.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

MrChips posted:

So, uh, 25 entries so far. :stare: Keep 'em coming in guys!

Putting the deadline that far forward in the future probably contributes to people forgetting about it / putting it off.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Answers sent

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Das Volk posted:

Putting the deadline that far forward in the future probably contributes to people forgetting about it / putting it off.

No, it's a fair bit more than I was expecting over the American Thanksgiving weekend and the ensuing week; quite a bit more actually.

Not complaining though!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

MrChips posted:

No, it's a fair bit more than I was expecting over the American Thanksgiving weekend and the ensuing week; quite a bit more actually.

Not complaining though!
More will come. I intend to play, but haven't even started to figure out answers yet.

I think he meant people like me.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday
Answers submitted, this should be a good one.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
First ever entry submitted!

:ohdear:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Submitted my best american impression answers :boonie:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

OK. I have received entries from 29 players:

1500quidporsche
Alarbus
Blugu64
bolind
Cached Money
CornHolio
Das Volk
Ephphatha
extreme_accordion
Fjelltorsk
Freelop
GrantC
InitialDave
KozmoNaut
Liquid Communism
literally a fish
Naked Bear
Phone
sadnessboner
scuz
Seat Safety Switch
ShittyPostmakerPro
Somewhat Heroic
stevobob
Tahm Bwady
Terrible Robot
The Locator
Wrar
YF19pilot

If you've already submitted your answers and you don't see your name on this list, lemme know. Otherwise, keep them coming in people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

How did I screw this up? I'm not on the list.

Oh wait, you probably have me on ignore. That would make sense.

• Locked thread