Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Higher rates for a service actually increase the perceived value from the client perspective, and she may find her clients treat her better if she prices her services more like a professional than an amateur. I'm not saying gouge, but pricing can be a huge part of your image when it comes to freelancing in general; for something sort of considered a luxury, it could be even more important. I know jack about the going rate for music lessons so I have no idea how her current rates align, but when it's time she increase them, you might mention this.

She may also find students are more serious about their lessons if they have to pay a little more for her instruction.

If she's worried she'll price too high for people to afford it, she could donate her time in the form of a scholarship or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Yeah, ideally the rear end in a top hat fee is high enough that it makes them go away, but if it isn't, you have to make sure it's high enough for you to put up with them if they agree to it.

• Locked thread