Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Silver Nitrate posted:

Minneapolis 4chan shooter charged with second degree assault and second degree armed riot. His buddies were all charged with second degree riot as well.

These were the guys that were openly planning on shooting up the event right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

But how haven't they been slapped with Criminal Conspiracy?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dexo posted:

rowdy lone wolf youth's who don't know any better but their parents say they are good kids.

Ugh, I'm sure this will be the actual rationale

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

twodot posted:

Why would you both with a conspiracy charge when you have them on the actual riot?

Because it was part of their crime, they committed a crime and also entered into a conspiracy to go out and commit said crime. Why wouldn't they be charged with both?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Now it's been awhile since I watched the video of the incident, but isn't everything this dude is saying completely contradicted by the video that shows the cruiser pull up abs the kid shot in less than 5 seconds

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Which would still be a step up from current SOP which seems to be magdump, shout at the dead/dying person and treat them like they're dangerous for an additional 5 minutes or so, then get on the phone to the police union.

This is what literally happened when that NYPD officer shot that dude in NYCHA housing he called his partner than I actually think they're Union Rep, to figure this or while this dude bleed to death in a stairwell in November

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

How is that not negligent homicide? He was literally behaving recklessly with a loving weapon

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'd guess that, since he didn't intend to pull the trigger, he lacked mens rea? IANAL.

He can still get taken for everything in a civil suit.

But it's like the same thing with drunk driving, no one intends to hurt anyone when they do it, but they can and it does happen

This is just really another example of Florida being a lovely state isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Why are court fees legal when someone ends up being innocent? Like, if I wanted to fight a $100 ticket and win, I can still be charged a $100 court fee for challenging it. How is it constitutional, or even morally right, for me to be forced to pay a penalty without absolutely no oversight?

Because raising taxes is Verboten

• Locked thread