Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Average Bear posted:

How does the gameplay stand up? This game looks good but idk about $60 good.

It's Xenoblade's gameplay, tuned up a bit and shunted into an open-world mold by a devteam that hasn't made one of those before. I think it's going to be real fun regardless, but it's not going to be without it's warts, many of which you can expect if you've played xenoblade.

Gao posted:

I remember reading that it took 40 hours for someone to finally get a mech. Is that normal, or did he just dick around with other stuff for way too long?

I've seen it vary quite a bit, but it's gonna take a while to get a Skell. Getting one makes on-foot exploration almost completely outmoded, even before attaining a flight unit, so there's a reason why it takes some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Gao posted:

I remember reading that it took 40 hours for someone to finally get a mech. Is that normal, or did he just dick around with other stuff for way too long?

That's about right. There's about 13? or so main chapters in the game, you get your skell at chapter 6 or so, and you don't get your flight pack for your skell till chapter 9.

Even doing the chapters requires you to complete sidequests concurrently or as a pre-req, so you might be able to try and beeline and get it like 25 hours in or so if you rush maybe?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You might want to mention the downloadable data packs, why you might need them, how big they are, etc.

I know I always forget something. Thanks. Done.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So some Divisions give rewards for doing things like mapping areas or killing Tyrants, but it looks like you can still do these activities in unrelated Divisions. Will you get the reward for doing those things if you switch to the relevant Division after having done them, or would it better to not do those things until you're in a Division that properly rewards you for doing them?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vanrushal posted:

So some Divisions give rewards for doing things like mapping areas or killing Tyrants, but it looks like you can still do these activities in unrelated Divisions. Will you get the reward for doing those things if you switch to the relevant Division after having done them, or would it better to not do those things until you're in a Division that properly rewards you for doing them?

You can switch Divisions, but it costs money. I think what the devs are going after is for you to "cooperate" with as many of your Squadmates as possible to have multiple division bonuses going on at the same time. When connected online, you'll come across other player's avatars standing around in the field, whom you can either temporarily recruit or ask for their support, gaining their Division bonus if they're in a different one.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Motto posted:

You can switch Divisions, but it costs money.

According to the link I posted earlier as well, you don't want to switch too much as well as the penalty gets worse for doing so.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Big box, Large Artbook, Game, USB stick with songs, art lithograph.

where do i get my boob mousepad and hug pillow?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also, :siren: DUMB GAME DESIGN WARNING :siren:

The way you add characters to your party is by finding them in town and talking to them. It's gonna be a pain looking for them, so just look at the google doc in the OP to check where any given ally hangs out.

Also, Affinity is more important this time around, rather than something for crazy people to grind up. Affinity is now only built between party members and you, and Affinity Missions are unlocked as it goes up, so it'd be a good idea to try out everybody, benching people as you max out their affinity levels. Affinity Missions provide additional story bits and access to a given character's unique Arts.

Motto fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 30, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Motto posted:

Also, :siren: DUMB GAME DESIGN WARNING :siren:

The way you add characters to your party is by finding them in town and talking to them. It's gonna be a pain looking for them, so just look at the google doc in the OP to check where any given person hangs out.

Thanks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

icantfindaname posted:

where do i get my boob mousepad and hug pillow?

In the garbage with the rest of your posts

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

For example, hang out with this guy enough, and you'll get the Photon Saber Art Spirit Change, which swaps your current TP and HP. Ally revival and Overclock, this game's replacement for Chain Attacks, both cost 3000 TP. Your HP will eventually reach into the thousands. A hint for any aspiring Galactic Knights.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/zaguriasu

she's streaming the japanese version for a little bit longer, Q&A

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

In the garbage with the rest of your posts

rude

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Can I make Elma my digital girlfriend?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I wanted to make boobs with a big character Nintendooo

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
People talking about the music having crazy amounts of Engrish and not linking In The Forest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmkkM4fDLJw

It has some of the goofiest Engrish I have heard in a while, and it also owns.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

so is the boob slider for male characters still in or

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the shred is strong in that song

i wonder if they double checked all the engrish to make sure that everything in the lyrics jived with what they localized names and stuff too, or if the songs don't mention anything related to the game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The New Los Angeles theme is the best.

1 2 3 4

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

hubris.height posted:

the shred is strong in that song

i wonder if they double checked all the engrish to make sure that everything in the lyrics jived with what they localized names and stuff too, or if the songs don't mention anything related to the game

They definately didn't. From watching some footage of the English version of the battles I can still hear them say "dolls" in the song Black Tar in reference to the mechs.

What I wonder is if the one "goddamn" in Black Tar went unnoticed, or if a T rated game is allowed to have one goddamn in it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Just checked, the data packs aren't up yet in Europe, though they should be available sometime today.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Guys I'm so loving excited for this game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Junpei Hyde posted:

Guys I'm so loving excited for this game.

I am also looking forward to playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii U video game system later this week.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dunban posted:

I am also looking forward to playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii U video game system later this week.

:yeah:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there going to be both English and Japanese voice acting in the English release?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The data packs are now available in Europe.

jyrque posted:

Is there going to be both English and Japanese voice acting in the English release?

No.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
how much of the game is multiplayer? am i able to just start cooping missions from the get go? xenoblade 1 was a cool solo experience but i don't think i want to do that again if no one is British and if the storyline isn't as captivating

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jyrque posted:

The game barely fits on one disc so sadly not

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bef posted:

how much of the game is multiplayer? am i able to just start cooping missions from the get go? xenoblade 1 was a cool solo experience but i don't think i want to do that again if no one is British and if the storyline isn't as captivating

I know so much that you can co-op with 3 other players for quests. Although not locally of course. If I understood correctly, there are 32 other online players on the field doing stuff. I've no idea how that works.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Rexroom posted:

I know so much that you can co-op with 3 other players for quests. Although not locally of course. If I understood correctly, there are 32 other online players on the field doing stuff. I've no idea how that works.

This link explains all the multiplayer stuff pretty well:

The Black Stones posted:

I found a good post on Reddit (sorry) which is pretty informative of the online features of the game. Read about them here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3u77rz/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

The Black Stones posted:

American evacuee ship, the White Whale
how appropriate

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Well, Eurogamer absolutely loved it. I've decided I'm gonna give this a go, I'll miss the epic storygaming Xenoblade had but it sounds like they've built a really phenomenal open world game

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Reviews are pouring in, game is not an unmitigated disaster, will be a blast to play.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Reviews are pouring in, game is not an unmitigated disaster, will be a blast to play.

Sorry Louisgod, I saw one there that said the game has annoyances and so it actually will be the worst game ever and worse than two Hitlers.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suaimhneas posted:

This link explains all the multiplayer stuff pretty well:

theres a wealth of information here, thanks

I take it us goons shall set up our own squad world via NNID tags and complete our squad objectives as fast as possible in order to unlock the missions, is what it sounds like

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry Louisgod, I saw one there that said the game has annoyances and so it actually will be the worst game ever and worse than two Hitlers.

Extremely hosed up if true

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Extremely hosed up if true

Actual in-game Xenoblade Chronicles X screenshot:

Joking aside I'm pretty excited. I'm glad I didn't follow the hype train too hard so I can go in with minimal expectations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Louisgod posted:

Many of the import and domestic reviews for this game remind me of the reception for Morrowind. They both seem like slow burn open world games with jank and pacing issues where you go from a nobody to a living God who flies over mountains. Chances are that Xenoblade Chronicles X probably has an annoying enemy that peaks you to death as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgudF-hVlDA

• Locked thread