Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
My dick is rock hard over the thought of playing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Chucktesla posted:

So how do you get your first skell? Is it gated by main quest progress, do you need to reach a certain level, do you need to finish a particular side quest, or something else?

The game has 13 chapters and apparently you get your skell in chapter 6 and flight abilities in chapter 9

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So is it good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

It's the best RPG this gen.

Really? Feels like Witcher 3 would be hard to top

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Does the game come with an actual paper manual or are you talking about the digital manual no one actually reads

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I dig the special edition box looking kind of like an SNES box.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I
I have no idea how to fast travel back to NLA

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also can I redo my avatar? I have severe remorse on the life choices that led to my dude's current hairstyle.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Still don't know how to fast travel back to NLA

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why do people hate tatsu again

I mean I just me the guy but I don't like hate the potato or anything and he's completely mute during the field so I often forget he's even a thing

He's exactly like Rikki, the problem is that Rikki had a much better introduction, was a tremendous badass, gameplay-wise, and had some nice conversations and interactions with the rest of the cast pretty soon.
Tatsu is just there and his gimmick is that Lyn wants to eat him and uh, ok.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I kinda wish you could control music/voice volume.
YEAH UH So what you're saying is thatYEAH UH UH YEAH and furthermore skells are very UH YEAH YEAH

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

5er posted:

I put in an 8 hour binge after installing it yesterday. The game looks amazing, and I'm impressed all over again at the scale you can see, just like the previous game. I'm really impressed with the fauna design, there's a lot of cool looking animals out there. Though it seems like a quarter of the world's creatures has ballsacks freely swinging from some part of their bodies.

That's less than how it is here on Earth :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ohhhh nooooo I hate the manon please tell me I don't have to deal with them much

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So in the months it took them to dub this thing nobody told the sound people what an incredibly loving dumb idea it was to make the manon sound the way they do?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I can't believe how fun it is to get around in this game; moving around in Xenoblade was okay but your characters were so slow unless you gemmed up for it.
I'm thinking of other games that tried copying XB's massive environments, like Tales of Zestiria. They sure hosed up though because movement in that game is so slow and there's nothing interesting to see or nice places to explore so the world just feels giant for no reason and it makes the game unplayable essentially.
XBX did it right by letting you run fast as gently caress, jump really high, give you some really cool platforming that leads you to cool places and new shortcuts, and peppers the world with challenging enemies and not that many level walls. It's really nice.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The artbook's really nice too but unfortunately there's art spread across two pages and one really tight central binding.

Incidentally I assume I got some huge spoilers from reading it but at the point I'm at (post-chapter 5 and where the gently caress am I able to edit my avatar) they're still incredibly meaningless to me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man after the post chapter 5 twist I feel like and based on previous xenogames themes it's gonna end up being a thing where the humans in lifehold all died long ago and all the mims developed a soul and wooo spooky gnosticism
Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong but I feel like that would be an accurate prediction

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I hope Nintendo figures out a way to filter out l + a messages from the frontier reports

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I don't think I understand overdrive, I just mash all of my abilities as they become available and try to make big numbers. Am I doing it right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So a lot of times if I speak to a dude and they have a name and portrait chances are they can join my party right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like to think they just told the main characters' VAs their personality archetype, flashcards with the different situations (<YOU ARE HURT>, <YOU JUST ABSOLUTELY WIPED THE DIRT WITH THE ENEMY>, <YOU BARELY SCRAPED BY>), and told them to go nuts with it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
There really should be something in the op about the questline to unlock character editing because it's actually a fairly annoying, if short questline with no indication of its final purpose.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TurnipFritter posted:

I'm pretty sure the California Sunsets only spawn inside caves.

Your best bet is the cave north of uh, something mire. It's the cave where you have to plant the tourist probe for that one quest. It's north of nla.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man how are people finding all of these party members, I'm in chapter 7 and I only have the characters the game's given me via story

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely enjoy exploring in this more than in Fallout or Witcher in terms of just sheer actual exploration. Not only can you jump without breaking your legs from a 3 inch drop but the general art design of the environments is largely fuckin' breathtaking which is never is in Fallout and noticeably less in Witcher.

The problem with Witcher 3 is that most of the time movement is a struggle because Roach is an idiot or because yeah, Geralt's got the ankles of a newborn babe, and movement in Fallout 4 is slow and plodding even with the addition of sprinting.
Moving around in XBX is a joy, since you're really fast, can jump really high, and there's no fall damage. It all comes together really nicely.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Phog's outfit looks like the comfiest clothes you could wear out in space

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What the gently caress, I can't do Phog's quest because I get harassed by a level 65 indigen midway through the battle

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

victrix posted:

I know, I'm asking why I would want an augment that makes stability worse :confused:

There's a Stabilizer perk, but I found a weapon with a Destabilizer perk

Because worse stability means you might do 20 points less of damage, but you could also do 20 points more.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
My guide is supposed to arrive today but it hasn't even shipped, what the hell amazon

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh my gosh Oblivia is super hard to survey due to crazy terrain and super aggressive and powerful indigens.
Gonna wait a while to do that L quest

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Where the gently caress are beagle squashes or whatever they're called

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hahah the cutscene that plays before you get your first skell is the very first teaser trailer
Thought it was a cute detail.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh my god I cannot believe ho fun driving the skell around is, just stomping on enemies and figuring out poo poo like binding and overdrive

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought I was filthy rich until I had to start maintaining my skell and I assume it's gonna take me a huge chunk of cheese to outfit my entire crew

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How many companies/xenos should I have by chapter 7

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Where do I get Alexa and why come is she so popular

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So why didn't that one mission end with me murdering Murderess

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
gently caress you Mia you caused me to wreck my skell twice :mad:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's funny how the guy who explicitly follows and adores Japanese culture is also an awful racist and xenophobe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also you can color them how you want and name them whatever you want within 10 characters

• Locked thread