Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Here's a bunch of questions I've come across so far since GFAQs isn't really helping:

1. Has anyone figured out any info on the exact boost values each type of aura gives?

2. How do you use the various consumeable division rewards, ie. the stuff that restores Skell fuel, TP and so on?

3. Where do you see your current Overdrive duration?

4. Do you need to gather ingredients for every piece of equipment you make through AMs or do you just need to make them once and then buy them at the other terminal? Mainly asking since I don't wanna waste tickets getting the drops if it's the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks both of you, will pay more attention to those things the next time I play.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Well this is silly. Are there any other ridiculous enemy scennarios like this?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Med School posted:

The robots in this game are all awesome, I just wish they knew more Kung fu.

If it's of any consolation, the out-of-the-box strongest one has beam nunchucks.

I took a look at the pastebin file that has the ticket counts listed for different endgame things you can craft (http://pastebin.com/0BZSLkPZ) but I don't have the game on right now, can someone give some estimates on how many tickets the materials for each lv60 super weapon take on average? I plan to do things the lazy way and grind out a ton of BLADE medals with recruits and then get tickets from Yggdralith's parts.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
The location where you grind Phoenixes and G-Busters (Badr Basin) is also useful if you want a quick way to break appendages ASAP for the purpose of endgame enemy material grinding: one specific type of M-Missile (SSM-XXR140ME) automatically targets all appendages on whatever enemy you're fighting and if you grind an Intergalactic one with a Custom WP-MSL-MAG III trait on it, you can upgrade it to essentially double the listed amount of missiles fired and you can equip 2 of them at the same time. Add 3 Crush.APPEND XX augments to each one and you can break appendages ridiculously quickly with them without having to bother to circle around the enemy.

There are also stronger 150/160 versions, but those come from Judge Pugliths and the only location with lots of them is the cave north of 505 (where most of Definian Downfall takes place), you can't take a Skell there and they're spread all over the room with tons of other enemies you can't avoid so do that only if you're OCD enough to want the best possible version of the weapon.

For more info on this method, see http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73104108

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

FrantzX posted:

Appendage Farming

I basically posted a shorter version of this exact same thing a page or 2 back and linked it back to the GFAQs thread that originally had it, thanks for reposting it I guess.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Just spend all your BP on whatever class you want, you can get as much as you want once you beat the game by doing support missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Other than using them in battles, the only real way to purposefully max them out quickly is to do the bonus missions accessible from the console in the barracks that unlock after you beat the game: you need to beat the hardest one about 30 times total to max out affinity between those 3 party members.

Apparently they were meant to unlock gradually as you progress through the game but seems they hosed that up, would've made more sense cause there's zero reason to do any of the easier ones by the time you can do any of them.

• Locked thread