Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Change the youtubes in the OP because you linked the dirty brit videos where the videos are blocked in america for copyright reasons.

Theme X https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_Fsg7kdJw

Black Tar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfqF0o7XWw

This is one of my favorite tracks:

Uncontrolable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgudF-hVlDA

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Also the music composer Hiroyuki Sawano did the music for Kill la Kill. If you liked that thing, that should make you happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Sawano

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Crabtree posted:

What is a good division to start out with as you're learning the ropes and I guess gaining any resources you can to help out when the game lets you get out from the tutorial?

Reclaimers for increased loot drops.

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually on second thought I want to give my character small tits :twisted:

Women have tits of all sizes and should be loved equally.

The Taint Reaper posted:

the tit editor is still in the game's code but you need to use something like an action replay(which doesn't exist for the wii-u) or whatever to make the slider selectable.

So basically, wait for the wii-u emulator to be a bit more developed

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Gao posted:

I remember reading that it took 40 hours for someone to finally get a mech. Is that normal, or did he just dick around with other stuff for way too long?

That's about right. There's about 13? or so main chapters in the game, you get your skell at chapter 6 or so, and you don't get your flight pack for your skell till chapter 9.

Even doing the chapters requires you to complete sidequests concurrently or as a pre-req, so you might be able to try and beeline and get it like 25 hours in or so if you rush maybe?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/zaguriasu

she's streaming the japanese version for a little bit longer, Q&A

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you spec right combat is fine. One streamer was destroying level 90 creatures at 60 in skells in literally seconds

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

:ssh:Your max level is 60.

I know that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mile'ionaha posted:

Riki is best because you can turn him into a black metal Faberge egg who runs around turning enemies into Bleeding, Frozen, Flaming, Poisoned worlds of pain.

I will be honest, though, story and Gnosticism was what got me into Xenogears and Xenoblade Chronicles. Well, that and the Continent God Bodies from XC (world gods are my aesthetic).

Humans fighting aliens in giant robots in an open world? Eh.

gnosticism is why i've played xenosaga 1-3 three or four times

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So is there a goon nnid thing?

gently caress it, made a spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15XBTrRJQnZ4qZzCET_Rgn3mD2cdpOkCuJ75lFkCyKfE/edit?usp=sharing

You all should be able to edit it.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 2, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/destinyzero9999

this guy is streaming, no streamer voice garbage either

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently the UK launch trailer is full of spoilers, I suggest not watching it, or at least the very ending part.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It doesn't usually go below 30 bucks for first party games tho.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's getting painful watching people in the EU who got the game early struggle so much, and they're all people who are playing for the first time while im like "Nooooo don't do that, do this, ugh how do you not understand what tp is"

Sure, I have a headstart on them, but the mechanics seemed pretty easy enough to grasp if you pay attention instead of just being like "ugh cutscenes..."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sent yall a request.

Who's getting the strat guide? Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So someone made their MC look facially like Lin...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Can you guess where it was posted?

neogaf

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

you're just asking...no begging to be spoiled.

I shouldn't have gone on the internet. I've seen the upper half of the end of the UK trailer. Though, if you couldn't match the voices together...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

Honestly my favourite thing about video games is when you get a huge interesting world to explore, especially because it's not something you can get from any other medium. Getting pretty hyped over here.

12 hours 37 minutes until the destruction of earth.

12 hours? more like 17.5 hours?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Szmitten posted:

I'm super interested in how the disc version runs without any packs. The loadtimes didn't seem drastically worse to me in that comparison video, but I'd love to see a pop-in comparison or something. Or if enemies spawn inside you or anything equally drastic.

I don't have a video I can show you but out and about it's not too bad from what I've seen, tho it's fairly noticable. In New LA however it's super noticable in that things will phase in within 30 feet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So, 6 more hours till the game unlocks then?

Maybe I can get a nap in...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

4 hours. Come on....naptime

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hair types are locked into head styles, can't get the skrillex haircut on girls unless you go for the very obvious dark skinned pre-gen heads.

What.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm getting the hang of this combat, but jesus christ the text is small on my 39" hdtv. Like, I'm sitting on the couch 6 feet away and Im having to squint or wear my loving glasses. I only need this poo poo generally if I'm 20 feet away and need to read something, so the font is excessively small.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Even the digital version has horrible popin. :(

GS doesn't open till 10am here, and I have work at 1030. I'm gonna have to hang out by the door and rush in before work to get my strat guide <_<

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I like how you can get quests that are impossible to do.

Like okay, I picked up a quest where I got to get a guy's comm device, but I'm level 10, and the item is guarded by two level 33s who are facing the item sleeping, and immediately see me (meaning I can't pick up the item).

I'm waiting for morning in game and hope they despawn or move so I can snatch it because lol.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Gamestop didn't have the guide till 1pm.if I knew that I would have had it shipped to my house :mad:

Edit: spent about 6 hours. Game is complicated on the surface. Once you play it's easy. That camera rotation speed is awful tho

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's supposedly a bunch of camera settings somewhere that help with that. I wouldn't know for sure though, don't have the game as of yet.

TurnipFritter posted:

Zooming the camera out (Hold L and use the right control stick) makes navigation way easier for me.

I turned cranked the camera reset speed up to max and that's helped a lot. I have no idea why it's defaulted to such a low speed.

I cranked up the camera to max, and the sensitivity tanks when you're running and turning. It's stupid because at all other times it moves fast enough. It's frustrating.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So far the only bug I've had is lin and me and elma running around, we picked up some item or something and Lin goes "I bet tatsu would love this" or something along those lines.

WE HADN'T EVEN MET TATSU YET

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dastardly posted:

Accept Alexa's affinity quest before you obtain a skell if you want the game to force you cross an ocean by swimming.

You can toggle auto-run btw. Hold R then press b. then you can toggle sprint.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Your mother is dead karl. STFU

anyways, I went Enforcer straight off the bat, then went into Commando instead of blast fencer

Holy poo poo I dislike commando a lot. I hope striker isn't as bad as this because so far it consists of backslash, some tp moves, and a sliding side attack.

I wanted to merge out the trees, and I feel gimped coming from enforcer. Sure, I do much more, but now I feel way too squishy, kind of like a rogue I guess.

I'm also kind of frustrated because all the drops I've been getting are much better than anything I can buy in the store, and I don't quite get the whole gear creation thing. Should I be doing that? seems like a waste of resources for stuff im just gonna swap out in 2 levels.

Also is 14~ too low for nocilum? I ended up fighting Goetia at 15 and poo poo was hard, way way harder than anything else I had been fighting. Could be that I wasn't doing the fight right, but most of the time I end up staring at my cooldowns while looking at my feet. Maybe that's a WoW thing?

So far I'm lvl 16 after 13 hours. Kind of annoyed how everything is so much higher level than me all over the place.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Terper posted:

Yes, you should be doing that.

No, it's not. You can go pretty much anywhere and find enemies suited to your level.

Have you been upgrading your arts and skills? With a few levels in upgrading them the cooldowns should be way less. It's also better to not just mash an art when it gets off cd and instead focus on finding the right opportunity to attack.

Yeah, I know that, I know about the double/triple cooldown thing for skills. Most of my skills are level 2-3 atm

I also can't find wherever these upgraded storefront items are going. To the left of the research station?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently the basic quests from the terminal will respawn eventually, but ones you've completed will have a little marker to show you've completed them, at least.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had this problem in the original and having it here but is there any way to break off a fight and escape? I've had my team get wiped minus me and put my weapon up and booked it only to die despite the enemy being like a countryside away.

It's REALLY loving stupid

In combat, press plus. Then press x twice then press a. If you can survive for 15 seconds it teleports you to the nearest spot. I didn't realize this till I read the strategy guide.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just so you know, the guide does not show you what choice options are most beneficial. Ugh.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm really loving the improved combat from Xenoblade, but I'm worried when Skells are introduced.

Gear combat in Xenogears was worse than on foot, mech combat was terrible in Xenosaga 2/3. The later you got into those games, the more and more it focused on mechs and gameplay went to poo poo.

Whaoh no. I wanted to be in the mechs in xenosaga all game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Their problem as a whole is not the music itself, it's that the normalization is non-existent.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really annoying when you can't find an enemy type for the squad task and you see like someone kill 1-2 of them but they never respond to free reports asking where they are. :(

There should be an audio thing when they pop because I rarely notice those things.

Things that aren't obvious: the colors on the gamepad hexes indicate how much of your rear end will be kicked by going into a zone:

gray > purple > blue > green > yellow > orange > red

Where grey is no danger and red is super dangerous

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 6, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Doing these affinity missions are great. HB sounds like he's got Legion's voice actor, and Phog is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where do I get this one?

• Locked thread