Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Read a review that was angry about the music and saying you might as well hit the mute button (Gamespot) and then I took a listen of the OST on youtube and its actually godlike? Am I going crazy or are these people really hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah what I heard of the soundtrack was like very hip hop influenced and had some cool shredding and engrish was pretty good as well. I don't know I think the music is pretty rad. I guess people just want boring fantasy orchestra music or something.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Baal posted:

I would say the music absolutely fits the style the game is going for. A lot of the ambience and walking around tracks do a good job of conveying the desolate, but still immaculate Mira. All of the vocal music is used in battles and skells, it's meant to pump you up and also attempt to build narrative on the life you're fighting. Now a lot of it is kinda weird about the because the lyrics are a gobbled mess in most songs except Black Tar, which is ironically the most hated song.

That being said there are definitely too many vocal tracks and the World's Enemy theme did not need to be the opening theme with lyrics.

Every track should have lyrics IMO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Baal posted:

I'm glad that nothing I give a poo poo about doesn't come out until February because I'm going to need about two months to tackle this loving thing, probably.

I want to get Just Cause 3 and this but now I'm forced to choose because I won't have time for both :(

• Locked thread