Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Big box, Large Artbook, Game, USB stick with songs, art lithograph.

where do i get my boob mousepad and hug pillow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

In the garbage with the rest of your posts

rude

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry Louisgod, I saw one there that said the game has annoyances and so it actually will be the worst game ever and worse than two Hitlers.

review scores are dumb and serve no purpose other than to enrage nerds but they are a good indicator of how game reviewers are fickle, bigoted nerds themselves

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

if a game is a AAA tentpole and/or mainstream (read: not anime) nerdbait like marvel stuff or star wars it gets an 8/10 guaranteed unless it's catastrophically broken. indie stuff gets judged fairly IMO but reviewers are sometimes a little too happy to poo poo on them if only because they can't or don't or won't criticize AAA stuff. they'll give between a 6 and a 10. and japanese/anime games get a flat 2 or so points off the score because anime bad lol, and because japanese devs are dying and can't punish reviewers for bad scores, leaving a final range of 5 to 8 out of 10

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 30, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

yeah maybe it's more like 6 to 8.5 for anime games. i'm also talking specifically about big establishment places like polygon, not some random nerd youtube reviewer who made it onto metacritic's list

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It does sound more like an anime soundtrack than a videogame one, but it's still pretty drat good in its own right. Alot of people just seem to be very self-conscious about any guitar music with lyrics, as seen with all the awkward justifications for liking Metal Gear Rising: REVENGENACE's incredible soundtrack, as it is too 'buttrock' and not serious enough

like 4 posts after calling me a weirdo for pointing out the mainstream video game establishment doesn't like anime you prove my point

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

KoB posted:

If you made a giant robot and then decided "Im going to call these 'dolls'" then you are bad and dumb.

actually engrish (wasei-eigo in the superior nipponese) is cool and good, much like the anime of which it is an essential part

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

it is bizarre to change it from one engrish monstrosity to another though. just leave it at dolls if your plan is to change it to skells or whatever the gently caress

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

zedprime posted:

What's a doll like you doing on an alien planet likes this?

I can almost see a point because "skelleton crew" is almost too cool of a translation for the game to still register as too-anime.

no such thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Wait so in the original Japanese, they use a word from another language? Wouldn't it then not be true to the original to use an English word in the English translation?

they should translate it to italian IMO

• Locked thread