Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Can't get my hands on it til later in the afternoon, how long are the data pack installs? I sure would like to be able to install them before getting the disc since they've been downloaded for over a week now, but I doubt it'll let me do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

So uh, is your character name your online handle in this? Think someone said that but just want to be sure.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Yeesh, just past chapter 4 and I'm starting to stand around like a fool wasting time wondering what to do next. (And racking up extended exposure to the NLA music :suicide:, the songs really aren't bad it's just holy poo poo these songs were not made for long exposure times.)

Also the paranoia is kicking in about whether or not I should keep going in the story or do side stuff as I might miss something, or whether or not I've already permanently missed something doing the chapters I've already done.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Where is everyone getting those black tank tops? Seems I can only currently get my hands on all the ones that aren't the color I want. Please tell me I didn't somehow miss the mission board quest to get it in an earlier chapter or something and basically made it unobtainable in my game. (I sort of ignored the mission board til like... chapter 4)

Also this 20% of Noctilum can go to hell, specifically because of that godawful bottleneck gauntlet separating you from the other 75% of the continent's landmass.

E: yeesh, does this whole thread have me on ignore for the poo poo I said months ago?
E2: NM, got a new quest for a black one, we're good.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 7, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Chairman Pow! posted:

How does multiplayer work in this game? Can me and a couple of friends join up and do stuff together? I tried reading some basics on Reddit, but the post was textual bludgeonry and I couldn't figure it out.

Not really. Think of it kinda like the old Phantasy Star Online in a way. Basically you can only play with actual people within instanced missions that squadmates can be invited to join. The rest are just passive asynchronous objectives people can do for rewards.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

You know... we've been told that getting perfect on the skell eject challenge gets it replaced for free... I say that's bullshit. I've done it twice now, and both times my insurance punch card was dinged or I had to pay the salvage fee as I had no insurance left. Getting REAL drat tired of salvaging this level 30 formula frame, maybe I shoulda bought a heavy for myself like I did my running mates.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

MohShuvuu posted:

The free one isn't particularly good at eating damage. The most expensive heavy one is pretty good and holds about 25k fuel, too.

Oh yeah, the free one got benched fairly quickly, since anything that comes up shortly afterwards would rather you had a proper 30. I think I'm also coming to the realization that I may actually be Bad At The Game since I'm just kinda spinning my wheels at lvl 41 just after chapter 10. I don't know why I haven't been seeing the quests to unlock the other AMs I've been hearing about, unless those are still beyond where I am now.

Also my probe game is pretty bad, too, barely put any minings down, but then again I already make more miranium per tick than my strangely drip gated capacity will allow.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, have actually been rocking the G-Buster and BB-Sword already, they've certainly seen a lot of use. Got really no idea what else to put on it though, besides the random smattering of level 30 weapons that I thought looked good to use. Would probably help if I filled out more slots on the rest of my team besides whatever default stuff their frames came with.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I got most of the AMs unlocked in Chapter 5, so yeah, you're kinda loving something up. Make sure to do your affinity quests, they tend to unlock all sorts of things!

I'm talking about the 4 additional AMs after the 4 provided by the story. I have one of them so far but absolutely no sign of the required missions for the other 3.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yes, I had three out of four of those by Chapter 5 (maybe 6 for one of them, can't quite remember if I only go the quest after or if I just delayed doing it for no reason). Do your affinity missions. I know one of the quests that unlocks a new AM is given out by the chick in front of BLADE Tower. Dunno what requirements it has. Another one I just got from someone for some reason.

Think I might have the tower one you speak of already, but apparently I never got around to doing Ties That Bind and it already sounds like that may lead to one of them. Hopefully the other will follow afterwards.

E: Yep, that was exactly the thing keeping those two back it seems.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 10, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Are lao's heart to hearts required for 100% completion?

I see you don't get achievements for them, so I'm guessing no.

Wait, he has heart to hearts beyond his affinity missions? That will trigger the poo poo out of my OCD if so. Then again I haven't even figured out how to trigger the ones involving Lin.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, I give up, I don't know how in the gently caress I'm supposed to fight Ga Buidhe, she just keeps dealing metric fucktons of damage to everybody and takes almost none herself, not even hopping my team into skells helps. I can't even beat her level reduced and the rest of my party being 7-8 levels higher than she is.

E: aaand I just manage to do it on foot out of the blue. Guess complaining works, eh?

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 11, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

PRADA SLUT posted:

What does miranium do when your AM's are at 5? I can use it for crafting but I have way more coming in than my other mats. Should I put probes on income?

Skell fuel and equipment/frame engineering. Still gonna be using tons of it even after AMs are maxed.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Moxieclock1 posted:

(Chapter 12) Is there some way to exit the lifehold fight? my current setup isn't goona cut it.

Nope! Back to your previous save you go. Hopefully it wasn't too far back.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Finished the story, now I just need to find a good place to hit 60 at and then I can begin the long journey of... whatever, I guess. Something tells me I need more lv50 frames besides the one I'm currently piloting. Oh and more probes, need more probes, especially duplicators and boosters.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On the flight module stuff is it enemy drops? I hit follow ball and nothing is poppin out and if so makes finding these two objects easier if I can reward ticket em'.

They are just enemy drop/ticketable stuff if I recall.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Uh... does Lao's heart to hearts occupy and complete any NLA frontiernav hexes? If so, that might be a problem. Like a "I have to loving scrap every last bit of work I've done from the last week" kind of problem.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 12, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone a few hundred posts back said there's a particular order or item you need to pay attention to for the quest to rescue the Tree Clan Prone leader's son and allies to stop his son getting killed in the process. What was it?

Yeah, what you're supposed to do is rescue the other two guys first, one of them will tell you that Simius are repelled by Kepha Holly, so have one of these on you when you come to rescue the son. If you don't have any, you can find some around 313/314/317/319.

Also, do note that you can still jump even if you drive off a cliff in vehicle mode, so you don't have to watch your skell fall helplessly after it practices sick involuntary wide drifts.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 19, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

Just got this. Anything I should know? How do I load a game if I''m already playing?

Settings > Return to Title Screen if you need to revert to last save. You'll also have to do this to regain connection to the online services if you get disconnected as well, just make sure to save before that because there is no autosave.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Even in level 30/30/30/20 skells I can't make it through this fight in chapter 12. And it would take me like days to save up for a level 50 one. So, I dont know what I'm going to do now. Also, it seems to me like this Phoenix weapon sucks. It never does any damage!

Probably need to research better probe placement. Should at least by flying a 50 yourself by this point in the game. The phoenix is decent but it's more of a farming weapon for killing trash mobs. It may be useful to do Affinity mission "Two Peas in a Pod" (after "A Day in the Life" if that hasn't been done yet) for a free level 30 Hexad-Partican superweapon.

Flying up inside the plant at the top of divine roost and burning all the adds surrounding Joker the Unknowable could also be useful for raising money (if selling the items) or maxing out class levels. If you can't kill Joker himself that's fine, just fly out of there and reset.

On an unrelated note: gently caress farming Deva Caladar Red Ears. I want to get off ultrafauna's wild ride.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 15, 2016

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The problem is not only bad research placement i bet, but also i dont really have that many to start with. Not sure where I'm supposed to find them.

Lot of mechanical container searching mostly. The only points that actually matter to put research probes on are points that have nearby sightseeing spots (revenue rating is irrelevant on these sites), and there's a juicy block of them in 313, 315, 317, and 318 that you may want to invest a booster/duper into. Also need to actually locate said sightseeing spots to activate the huge bonus that they give, but you can fly so that won't take all that much time, but said spots can also be about a full hex away from the actual site as well.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 15, 2016

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Taear posted:

The link from earlier in the thread (click on me and search my posts, I quoted it, can't find it otherwise myself) is really good. Changing stuff around based on that has netted me just under 40k. It would be more but I've already placed a lot of stuff in the "wrong" places and it's expensive moving it.

I really loving wish the level 5 mechanics quest would turn up, I want to get all the probe sites now thanks.

Well, I was sort of being a bit vague and not trying to repeat that guide verbatim but yeah, that works as well. If you have mech level 4, you just have to keep reloading the quest board until Off the Record show up near the top. Just close and reopen it.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

yeah just ticket those. Time Trials are so bad that people have been hacking them. Look at the top times, they hack the armor in the same way you do it in Dragon's Dogma. Once you have Super Armor you do Time Trial, you then have time trial give you whatever specific loot that you want and how much you want. The Time Trail files are technically DLC, so people re-write the files in the same manner as custom quests in Monster Hunter.

Also breaking poo poo and treasure sensor does nothing in the time trials. Loot is entirely random.

I would do that if I had the tickets. I still need about 17,000 tickets worth of the things. So I'm sort of stuck spinning the roulette wheel for most of them.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

If you want more or less bare arms, you should look into buying diving bands or something similar. Still a small bracelet but it mostly achieves the desired look.

Also yeah, never bothered to turn on hide helmets because that would probably end up hiding all types of head accessories you can use in place of one. I know I have to always keep an accessory on my character to keep up my character's look of being a bootleg copy of a character from another game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Given how inconsistent the score of this game really is, I'm still convinced that this was scored as if it wasn't a video game. Or at the very least was not scored with repeated loops in mind.

• Locked thread