Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Got this game with Christmas money, am hopelessly addicted. Enjoyed the first one and despite the flaws this thread has been arguing about I'm loving this one too. The exploration feels miles better and simply being able to run faster and jump so high is a great improvement. Currently between chapters 4 and 5 and slowly acquiring more party members than I know what to do with.

Is there still a goon presence? Do you guys tend to join the same squads? Add me up if so. Or do it anyway. NNID: HammerCountry

The skin colour slider being so open was an amusing way to start. My guy is an alluring shade of Jaundice Yellow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I can't unsee my avatar as a Simpsons character now you piece of poo poo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

There are Heart to Hearts in Xenoblade Chronicles that can only be obtained in NG+

Pretty sure this isn't true

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Noctilum owns. Best continent? Y/n

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I keep hearing about some horrific ice cream cake quest but I've yet to find it. Somewhere in Sylvalum near the lake? Is it gated behind a certain chapter or sidequest? I've just done Chapter 10.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Any hot tips for the quest that involves killing the level 40 milsaadi in Jair Fortress in under 3 minutes? Killing it would be easy and the time limit is generous but it appears impossible not to aggro the level 57 zig outside that obliterates me in a couple hits.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Bozé's last mission can be cheesed by equipping nothing but Candid & Credible gear. It's got electric resist and I'm pretty sure the fish only has electric based attacks. It'll be slow as poo poo but you can chip away at it while it hits you for 1 damage.

Stopping the ritual self-immolating of your party is a bit trickier. Just tell them to Assemble. Repeatedly. Even then I still lost Lin and Bozé and had to fight with just me and Elma.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Unique Zigs are a ballache. Their sight range is huge and obviously because they're Tyrants they'll always go after you even if you can kill them in a few hits.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've tried definian downfall but I get wrecked by randoms. I can take on small parties but as soon as the enemy is like 3 or more I get destroyed.

Any tips for Rexoskell whenever I finally reach it?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Also grinding puges for the top level phoenix and g-buster was well worth it. I'm now Joker grinding my other party members up to decent levels because screw gaining levels legitimately when there's like 18 party members

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
When you beat the Blood Lobster you get the choice to kill or spare him. You should spare him, it's a lot more satisfying.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7ic3gcH_o

Here is a TV advert for condoms we've got in the UK right now. Anyone who's spent way too long in New LA in the day will understand why I keep curiously glancing up at the TV whenever it loving comes on.

I need to get back into this game. Last I played I was trying to do L's questline I think. You fight Telethia during his questline right? Is it sufficiently nerfed in any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Noctilum, meanwhile, never got old for me.

One by ooooooonnnnneeeeee

• Locked thread