Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

Massively looking forward to this game! Is the thread title a Xenogears thing? It sounds familiar.

Yeah, it was the tagline for Xenogears's magazine ads. Remember gaming magazines? They were made of paper. It was crazy times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I've heard it can be annoying because apparently the vocal tracks will be played during cutscenes, which is pretty distracting.

On the other hand it's pretty great that the tyrant battle music is just like, a couple singing about their messed up relationship.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

WontWontWon't somebody please think about the anime?

I try my best not to, to be honest.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I'm excited for Xenoblade Chronicles NX, coming 2019.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

I hope I can leave the little girl Linly back in the city. The wilds of an alien world are no place for a child. It's wrong to make her fight a giant crab.

As I understand it, the story missions have required party members and level restrictions, so she's gonna have to come along sometimes, unfortunately.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Everyone likes Beyonce they should have gotten her to compose the soundtrack.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Louisgod posted:

You mean the 45 people that compose and write it for her?

The power of friendship is a key component to JRPGs, even though the protagonist gets all the glory.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Heropon very cool, he's just a dad trying to do right by his family.

Xenoblade Chronicles X's biggest misstep is that there are no playable Nopon, imo.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

All games require you to use an Amiibo.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

How much control do you have over faces? I want like Dark Souls levels of ugly characters going on if the rest of the cast look this bad.

There's like... four or five default faces for each gender that you have a very small bit of control over, like cheek bone shading, skin color, freckles, etc. There's also some make up/face paint options that should help you achieve the ugly you want.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Do the specialized classes get access to new weapon types or is all the same 6 from the base classes?

The three base classes branch, one of the branches retains the base class's weapon (ie Samurai Gunner keeps Striker's Longsword/Assault Rifle), and the other branch introduces different weapons (Shield Trooper drops the Longsword/Assault Rifle for a Gatling Gun and Shield). The final tier retains the weapons from the previous tier.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 3, 2015

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Zooming the camera out (Hold L and use the right control stick) makes navigation way easier for me.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Gamestop didn't have the guide till 1pm.if I knew that I would have had it shipped to my house :mad:

Edit: spent about 6 hours. Game is complicated on the surface. Once you play it's easy. That camera rotation speed is awful tho

I turned cranked the camera reset speed up to max and that's helped a lot. I have no idea why it's defaulted to such a low speed.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

How are y'all taking screenshots of the game?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

How do you unlock new Arms Merchants? I've put plenty of miranium into the Sakuraba and Grenada, but I don't want to put anymore into them because I'm not high enough level to wear the stuff I'm unlocking.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

Why the hell does NLA have automobiles? Seems like a really inefficient city design for fleeing from aliens.

To properly capture the spirit of the Old LA they needed sprawling highways.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can I get a refresher on how to raise the survey rate? I've got the required missions for chapter 4 knocked out but need 15% and I've been filling out the collectapedia, got a handful of probes and stuff set up and have been taking down Tyrants I come across and can handle and I'm only at 12.8%

I think it's where you have to do the thing that's indicated in the hexagon's icon so it turns to a gold shield?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, if i picked Biology or whatever over mechanical and archeological, do I just not raise those levels? Cuz I'll switch to mechanical in a heartbeat if it's the only way to set up those level two probes.

You can pick whichever you want the next time your Blade level goes up. It feels like Mechanical is the most useful, because probes.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Thank gently caress party members don't affinity levels with each other.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

It seems like I'm underleveled for all the missions I have and the affinity mission I'm locked into has an end encounter I can't beat. I'd like to think I'm missing something and the solution around level 17 isn't just 'grind out some levels' but I don't know what it could be right now.

If you have open slots in your party you can go pick up some other player characters and see if they can bring in the extra fire power you need.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Baal posted:

Here's my dude, btw

How did you get Ozzy Osbourn in your party

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Can't wait til I'm strong enough to come back to this stupid rain forest and kill all of these assholes for making me sneak around so much.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I think I might have to put this game aside until I get a bigger TV somewhere down the line. My model's perfectly fine and not exactly tiny (I think it's a 28-inch), but even then, it actually hurts to play because of that horrible text size.

Between that and the atrocious sound mixing it's bewildering how such an obvious labor of love could have so many persistent amateur mistakes right off the bat.

Wait'll you find out how you switch in party members.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It wouldn't have killed them to give the different areas of the city different music.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't really mind that there's a wide variety of enemy levels just out in the field but it's really stupid that they like to pepper in high level enemies in story based areas like the turret destruction mission. There's no real challenge involved, its just do you get lucky with their patrol or not.

Initially I was into the pseudo-stealth aspects of the game, but yeah, the turret mission was just super tedious and felt like it relied way too much on getting lucky when sneaking around.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

An NPC told me where to find california sunsets and spherical EM rotors (west of Biahno Lake near the caves in Primordia, and in the Weeping Whitewood in Noctilum) which is pretty cool, but it'd be way cooler if that information got added to the collectopedia or the mission marker or something

especially since I still haven't found a sunset :(

I'm pretty sure the California Sunsets only spawn inside caves.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Your best bet is the cave north of uh, something mire. It's the cave where you have to plant the tourist probe for that one quest. It's north of nla.

Yeah, the one north of the Silent Mire is great because you can explore it at your leisure in the day. The Beast's Lair is a good one too if you can run fast enough to get past the guard monster.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Accidentally knocked a boss off a cliff when it only had a sliver of health left. The fight ended and it respawned at full health. Cool.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Am I supposed to actually be crafting weapons?

Also I'm not completely sure how to check what a piece of equipment's augments actually do.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

...so this "Rise of the Blood Lobster" quest is serious, huh. I guess everyone in New LA is gonna get blown up because there is no way in hell I'm doing this.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I was kinda hoping the "Dark Suit" from L's shop mission would be an actual suit so I could go full Roger Smith/Big O once I got my skell. At least it's equal opportunity fan service, I guess.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

At least you'll be able to upgrade to a better ride immediately.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

The collectable guide says I need to find a cave in Oblivia so I can get Moleworms. I cannot find a cave in Oblivia. Ok, that's not true, the one I did find doesn't have the normal cave spawns though.

Edit: On the "Recover the Missing Drive" quest, there's one of those level 54 plants that pop up when you get too close parked right in front of it and I'm not sure how to get around it to get the thing.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 10, 2015

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the directions y'all, I'll get to it in a bit.

Ok, so what about this rear end in a top hat. It's planted right in front of where I need to go and is level 50, twenty levels higher than my main. It always wakes up when I get too close. Skells are a no go because the level 50 giant spiders are around and will aggro at them.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Nope, can't get to the cave that way.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It feels like nearly every new character I unlock is a Galactic Knight, and I can't tell if that's because the game expects every player to go Samurai Gunner and wanted to give them a chance to have one in the party, or if it's because the game expects every player to go Galactic Knight and wanted to make sure you could use their Affinity skills.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

PRADA SLUT posted:

Mayday (the quest) is bugged for me. I bought one of the items I needed and it checks off on the tracker but May doesn't say anything when I try to turn it in, and I can't figure out how to drop and re-accept. Ideas?

Do you have everything she's asking for? I'm pretty sure she won't react unless you turn in all the stuff.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Finally, a character who can actually rock this armor:

Man, what is with this game and psycho launchers? It seems like nearly every character has them as their ranged weapon.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

There was a mission I did that I don't really understand the point of. It was the Celestrial Three, or something like that, and it was about this dude and his friend being bullied into killing the rest of their squad because their boss wanted to keep the stuff they were transporting, and then they send you to go fight the boss, and once you beat him they show up and it turns out they were all in it together and are planning on killing you, and it's like, ok? What was the point of any of that if you were planning on just killing me because I'm a "do gooder"? Why tell the player anything about the squad, or your boss, or send him to where the stuff was stored, or any of that?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It'd be nice if you could just, like, buy clothes from the commercial district or something, because then maybe quests would have more rewards other than different colored tank tops.

Looper posted:

I just found the lobster quest and uhhh this seems like a nightmare

Welcome to hell. They have an icon like collectables, so that makes spotting them a bit easier, but still I've been all over the city looking and only came up with 41, even with a skell.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

The plant in the middle comes to life when I approach. I've tried sneaking past on either side but no luck. Climbing over the arch doesn't help either, it's just a solid wall there.

I was having the same problem. People in this thread recommended putting Elma as your lead party member and having her using the Shadowrunner skill to get by it. It worked.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

What do the circles around the detection icons mean? That those enemies are extra perceptive of sight/sound?

Also when you lose your skell insurance and actually have to pay to revive it, is the price based on the frame you're using, or is it based on the frame and everything you have equipped to it?

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

Man, I haven't gotten into augments and trait enhancing at all. It feels way too overwhelming and I always figure it's just a matter of time until I dump my weapon for a better one. Same with Skell customization, I mostly just slap on whatever drops I get and call it a day.

Melee/Ranged Attack Up augments seem to just take really common Suid parts, so that's pretty convenient.

• Locked thread