Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgudF-hVlDA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Louisgod posted:

Wrong. Reviews tell us about energy busts, energy blasts, skell, skell hoists, BLADE meetings, New LA night. It's wonderful. I've never felt so excited in all my life. These people looked deep within their soul and assigned a number based on the order in which Nintendo paid them.

I mean you get these things from talking to people who played the Japanese version of the game too, just fyi

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hiroyuki Sawano does this with a lot of series he's done work for and it's a very love it or hate it kind of style, I am one of the people who loves it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think that's Sawano's fault, he usually provides instrumental tracks to vocal songs if a studio requests it. I would assume Monolith-Soft probably hosed up the audio mixing somewhere and didn't realize how intrusive that can get or just flat out didn't ask him to make instrumental tracks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would say the music absolutely fits the style the game is going for. A lot of the ambience and walking around tracks do a good job of conveying the desolate, but still immaculate Mira. All of the vocal music is used in battles and skells, it's meant to pump you up and also attempt to build narrative on the life you're fighting. Now a lot of it is kinda weird about the because the lyrics are a gobbled mess in most songs except Black Tar, which is ironically the most hated song.

That being said there are definitely too many vocal tracks and the World's Enemy theme did not need to be the opening theme with lyrics.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Ninth Layer posted:

Do I need to play Xenoblade Chronicles through to appreciate this game or can I just jump in when it's released? Are the two games' stories connected in any significant way?

Not even a little, go loving nuts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Louisgod posted:

These battle themes are loving stupid and make me either want to (not) play Madworld or go back in time 12 years and play DDR, not cut off the head of a huge snake dragon thing

Um, what you want and think does not matter to me or how I view the music, Louisgod.

Junpei Hyde posted:

So you're saying it's really good?

That theme is dope

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The sidequests have more variation, but they are still very much your rigmarole jrpg/mmo side quests. Also the relationship chart is even larger than XB's.

That being said, sidequests autocomplete if you've already done before you've even accepted them so that goes a long way.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 30, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad that nothing I give a poo poo about doesn't come out until February because I'm going to need about two months to tackle this loving thing, probably.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I want to get Just Cause 3 and this but now I'm forced to choose because I won't have time for both :(

Same, but I haven't finished playing JC2 and copies of JC3 aren't going anywhere for two months meanwhile this is a loving niche game under Nintendo's name, so now is the best time probably.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wii U's don't fear the Taint Reaper

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what's the best way to go about making it so Xenoblade music plays instead of Attack on Unicorn

Louisgod made this post better than you and it was still a lovely post, so please stop

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 1, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2JQpVPUms

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Skells 4 lyfe

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite FF Protagonist is Butz with the Waiban.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still going to call them World Enemies though. Not because of artistic integrity or stupid poo poo like that but because it sounds badass.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xenoblade X on the Wii U developed by Monolith-Soft, Published by Nintendo, and with music composed by famous Gundam Unicorn & Attack on Titan composers, Hiroyuki Sawano

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where's the goon NNID thing so we can be friends and you can all be friends with my robot that
I will inevitably color neon

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The digital version will fit, yeah. You're gonna be really tight on space though so you might as well buy a hard drive unless XBX is the only game ever you're planning to buy digitally on the Wii U.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm probably gonna have to wait an extra day so I can pay for it, but Amazon prime has my back

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm picking up my copy after work, please tell me how long it is in the game before you hear Uncontrollable, Tia.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is nothing anime about the British

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay this game is cool. Movement feels really good, the landscape is massive, and the music during the first pan of Mira was amazing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This has good game feel. Everything feels fast, weapon switching has like no complicated animations it just does it, movement feels good and practical to switch between long and short range, and your team mates getting subtitles giving you tips is nice.

Holy poo poo NLA is loving beautiful, this music is so good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Increases the amount of HP recovered by Soul Voices and Arts, and increases damage deatl by Tension Arts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I picked Harrier because it said I got to fight tyrants and that means listening to uncontrollable mor

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are there just like no sidequests in Chapter 3? I ran into the one for finding the stranded dues by Janpath Lake, but that was p much it. I'm assuming more show up as I go through, but I felt there would be more than just that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah thanks... drat, they don't start you off light, huh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really wish this game would not hide probes behind a loving swarth of high level enemies or at least tell you what probes are elevated.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Click the top left map icon on the game pad and then choose any of the NLA locations that appear on the right

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go to the Administrative District and find the mission board which is located next to Elenora. You now have have 30 missions waiting for you, njoi. You survey Primordia by getting probes and doing missions. The Probe-fessional mission is across the street from blade tower.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I couldn't start any of the affinity quests yesterday and I don't know why. I had all of the requirements met unless I needed more hearts with the other chars.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

you can't take them when you're on a story mission. that might be it.

Alright I'll finish up chapter 4 when I get home and try it then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tatsu is voiced by Chris Cason who voices Mr. Popo in DBZ most notably

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that the excitement of FF7R has calmed down within me, I am back to playing. Added my nnid, btw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The music needs to be lowered in cutscenes, but otherwise it's great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Does anyone know where anhydrous radiators are? Are they collectibles or do I need to kill monsters to get any? I'm doing a quest for a BLADE guy who's car got wrecked and he needs two of those.

Beef did you like the message I included in my friend request

I actually didn't notice it, sorry. What was it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

"We stuck on a whole different plaaaaanet"

good, proud of u

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's my dude, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish the game would point where the gently caress I could find Zizi Rabbits and Auroran bones. It's getting real annoying looking in places that neither Gamefaqs nor Reddit seem to be able to inform me of and I don't know if the rabbits are actual enemies or what.

• Locked thread