Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So how are people here feeling this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SpaceDrake posted:

A loving excellent open-world game, possibly the best one yet made. Don't go into it expecting an overcomplicated plot similar to Xenogears or Xenosaga, or even a plot that tries to have CONSTANT AWESOME MOMENTS like OG Xenoblade does. It's a story about people trying to live their lives in hard circumstances, and what pushes people to break. And it is, in a way, more a framing device for you exploring the world than anything else. (Though I still say the game has a lot of really cool/touching/etc moments, and it's part of what keeps me charging hard well past the 100-hour mark.)

isk posted:

I like it. More than anything else, I got a feeling of adventure from this game. The world is big with a lot of content and a decent attempt at ecosystems. You're encouraged to explore in ways that would feel exploitative in other games. The core plot is nothing you haven't seen before, but a number of the sidequests are interesting. And the combat's fun.

Above all else - don't save past a certain point in Chapter 12. The game warns you it's the point of no return, and you can get screwed pretty good since you have only 1 save file.

Otherwise, I want to see what's next from this team, if they can have a bolder, more cohesive narrative on a better system. There's some technical wizardry given the Wii U's limitations.

Thanks. One of my worries is that the game can get repetitive, does it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TurnipFritter posted:

He's a catfish

son of a submariner

• Locked thread