Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bef posted:

how much of the game is multiplayer? am i able to just start cooping missions from the get go? xenoblade 1 was a cool solo experience but i don't think i want to do that again if no one is British and if the storyline isn't as captivating

I know so much that you can co-op with 3 other players for quests. Although not locally of course. If I understood correctly, there are 32 other online players on the field doing stuff. I've no idea how that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Jim Sterling at least loves the music. Although he calls it "deliciously cheesy." So, uh, if you're not into high flying melodrama, better crank the music volume knob down.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I downloaded the packs fine in just one day. Hell, probably in a matter of hours. And I live in Europe.

Microcline posted:

This might belong in the general Wii U thread, but is there a reason this is taking 80 hours to download? I have a 150 mbps internet connection, I'm not applying any limits on the wireless, and my Wii U is right next to the router. 30 GB+ steam games download in under an hour.

Well there's your problem. Either get an ethernet adapter or change your router wireless settings to get the most out of it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Well it's certainly not in the first hours like in Fallout 4. According to reports you'll have to sink a lot of time before the game throws you a doll to use.

And yes, I prefer the term Dolls more than Skells. Fight me.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Inflammatory posted:

yeah but apparently elma's old unit was called the doll squadron in japanese, where in english they get to be called the skelleton crew.

that alone makes the change worth it.

I see, so it was more about the male sex being afraid of a strong female who imposes her feminine values on others. Interesting.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

KoB posted:

If you made a giant robot and then decided "Im going to call these 'dolls'" then you are bad and dumb.

I guess you haven't heard of the army tradition of nicknaming your rifle with a female name. :v:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Louisgod posted:

The only correct name for your Skell is Metal Face.

I don't want to give my mecha your girlfriend's nickname. :mad:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Xenoblade Chronicles X.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Calico Heart posted:

One of the things is this game can look uncanny as hell, halfway between fairly nice looking skin/hair etc and weird rear end anime face. Seriously, this character is loving hideous

Don't insult Potato-chan.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I picked up my copy, but unfortunately I have to host an evening of games today. Tomorrow it is then.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Started playing this. Is there a command to make your teammates retreat, or do I have to deal with my buddies following some dumb alien beast who jumped down a cliff?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I don't think brand names are that important. Just check how long their guarantees are and go from there. The longer, the better.

As for external power, you can buy a hard drive that gets it's power from the USB bus, but you'll need a Y-cable to get enough juice to run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Game tried to guilt trip me for slaughtering a bunch of alien pigs. smh.

I hope you satisfied your endless blood lust, you heartless baby killer. :mad:

• Locked thread