Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I can't believe how much the daytime New LA music is annoying the gently caress out of me. I hate how songs with vocals play loudly over cutscenes. I love Sylvalum's theme and most outdoor themes. It's the most inconsistent soundtrack I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Another gripe is how it locks you into affinity missions. I get why it's necessary but when the objective is to gather collectibles and my only clue is I need to find X enemy in Y continent it's quite a drag.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I really wish you could simply swap party members from the menu instead of having to memorize which corner of New LA they're hiding in.

On a positive note, the fallen rings in Oblivia are very pretty. Exploration is so pleasant. There's a real sense of the alien in the world's layout. It's possibly the most gorgeous game world ever and is hyping me up for Zelda.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

In some respects I don't mind that they artificially increased the main quest by requiring you to do arbitrary stuff to continue, since I'm gonna explore the world and do the affinity quests anyway. Still, they could've been a little more imaginative regarding the Skell License than "COMPLETE PROFICIENCY EXAMS 1-8". I just wanna ride one already :(

It's dumb too that some of those exams are 'Collect ground items X and Y' when there's no database or hint indicating where you might find them. Had to Wiki locations several times. I don't mind if this stuff is contained to sidequests I'm never gonna do but cramming it into the main quest, not cool.

I uh do like the game though.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

What's a quick way to raise affinity with party members I barely use so I can do their affinity missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The affinity stuff is bad enough when I'm up to Chapter 9 and, because Lao is unavailable, I've had to sidequest grind just to have a 4th party member who won't get killed by the boss immediately. I'd try to keep the entire party on an even keel if swapping them around wasn't a needless chore. No menu option is bad enough, but they could've at least crammed them into the barracks. There's not even an on-hand way to check what their specific advantages are and I'm not travelling across New LA to figure it out.

One thing I do like is how the sidequests have subplot threads of their own, like the xenophobia problems and Professor B's time hijinx.

I just upgraded to a decent skell, they rule.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 19, 2017

• Locked thread