Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I do believe in one trailer where they showcased the changing colors thing they switched a Skell from EVA colors to Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JackDarko posted:

I wasn't joking, I listened to the translators podcast.

Translation team podcast sounds amazing, just to be sure, can i expect no spoilers of X from their podcast for now? It's "8-4 PLAY" right?

Tender Bender posted:

If I delete Wii VC games, does it keep their saves? I think I can temporarily make enough room on my Wii U since my hard drive won't arrive this weekend but I'll need to remove Metroid and Punch out in the meantime.

You did it right, it requires extra space temporarily during installation.

Yeah, you can delete just the game and keep your save.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 3, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's off by two minutes, but yeah. I can't believe it's almost been three years and tomorrow I can finally dig into it.

I think I'm just gonna make Shulk with a Wonder Mask. Wonder Vision or Wonder Future.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm glad all I know is that super duper twist that apparently it's fairly early on and doesn't really change much anyway.

I'm curious and can't seem to find info on it since it's so minor, but what are the limits to naming your character? It's supposed to just be first name, right? I really need thirteen characters for Wonder Vision

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Only went for an hour or so, after doing responsibilities tomorrow I'll dig in for big chunks at a time. Still, loving this game, after adjusting camera sensitivity and getting used to the combat without wiimotes I could just feel it was gonna be even smoother and sweeter than Xenoblade's combat, and the world looks so loving gooood. This is gonna be a great time with Shulk2.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just got to Tatsu and, man, even though they're practically meaningless I love the 'dialog' options in the game. Tatsu is telling me how awful it is to have to check a minimap and try to remember objectives (and he's right! I want a map on my gamepad and not a minimap on my screen, but I still want something pointing to the objective) and my options are "There's got to be a better way" or "Not all who wander are lost" and this tickles my fancy just the right way. Ahhhh I love this game, gonna spend the next six or twelve hours of my life playing this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So I'm trying to trigger chapter 4 but I need to get the "a prob-fessional job" done first, I have no idea where to find that mission, any help?

edit: of course i figure it out as soon as i ask. The gamepad has so much info, it's great

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 5, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Took me a bunch of tries to beat the chapter 4 boss, but man, i'm very cool with that, now I know how to change targets fast, getting everyone to focus fighting what I want, some decent combos, leveling up arts and how to cosplay as Genos 24/7. It'd be good if that stuff had proper 'tutorials' but finding it out by yourself by dicking around and checking the manual feels pretty satisfying.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, I don't hate Tatsu but the game does suffer from a lack of a Stuff Tatsu Into The Fridge mechanic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

jymbojones posted:

I REALLY loving wish the missions that are "Get this thing by killing a certain enemy type" would highlight where that enemy is on the map in the same way the "Go kill this number of this thing" missions do. There is literally no reason that one type of mission highlights the map and another does not.

On a related note, where can I find Duogils? I need a thing for one of the Hulk Hogan commander guys affinity missions and I can't find any of the things that I can kill. I know they spawn at night, but the only place I've found them in Primordia they are level 24-25 and wreck my shithole (I'm level 18 on average). The mission requires level 16.

This game is legit the first game in over a decade that I feel I need to buy the strategy guide for just to know what the gently caress to do.

Silent Mire at night, they're these big blue jellyfish dragon things, level 20 but I was killing them consistently at level 16. Not sure if it had to do with anything but try to kill their middle part first, that's what got the sixth one I killed to drop the thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tipme posted:

The Mire where you go into that Cave for the research node, or, Cliffside Beach. Im on it myself and uh, I can't seem to get it to drop. I think I need to cut off it's tentacles somehow but I have no idea how body targeting works.

For me what's worked is moving the camera in awkward angles so the bit i want to target is the only thing on screen, then click the right stick to keep it there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really love how monsters of all levels are running around the world, makes exploration super exciting since you gotta stealth it at times and hope that Tyrant turns around so you can book it.

In particular I got a probe going in a place with level 40s nearby, connected by a 'bridge' of stone I need to cross to really get anywhere if I fast travel to that, said bridge being guarded by two 30ish level creatures, it's a rush every time I go there to save time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Augus posted:

My "beef" is that the NLA music is quickly threatening to burn itself into my cerebral cortex permanently. I think I'm even starting to smell smoke from up there.

Yeah? Uh Uh Uh I CAN'T HEAR YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The survey rate seems to only go up with probes. I just probed all over the place 'till I hit 15%

Also, if i picked Biology or whatever over mechanical and archeological, do I just not raise those levels? Cuz I'll switch to mechanical in a heartbeat if it's the only way to set up those level two probes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where do I get this one?

Six hours after it popped up I decided it's either there to gently caress with you or you'll be able to do something with it when you do stuff in the room where the "guinea pigs wanted" mission starts.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh man, I just kinda assumed the mission would restart at a later part when I said we should go eat. Once more Tatsu proved to be the voice of reason and saved me trouble.

e: looked it up to be sure and yup, i got that amount of xp, money and the art, so if you go hunt for all the extra things you get nothing extra. Always Listen To Tatsu.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 6, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You also get more affinity by ending it early, as you get affinity with Lin, Elma and either of the two first soldiers you can put on the team if you have them in your squad, otherwise you only get affinity with Elma and one of those two soldiers specifically.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, had a pretty good sequence of events happen to me while I took care of more important stuff. First I accepted a shitton of quests, one of which was slaying a tyrant, just read its name and figured i'd do it some other time, then as I ran to probe a site now that I was level 3 mechanical a guy on a field station said a thing and a hexagon nearby updated, saying it had a tyrant, specifically teh same one i got a quest for, I fast travel near it, look around and find the tyrant. It's one of those gently caress-huge dinosaurs that drink water by a lake.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

gigawhite posted:

Well I tried to open a character profile from the affinity screen and it locked up my game. And I had just finished the bullshit half of The Repair Mission too. gently caress you game

When you do it again just agree with Tatsu that you should all go eat and ignore the problem, it'll end the quest immediately and you'll lose literally nothing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, I'm level 18 and just stealthed my way to the north of Noctilum (passed loving corridors 'guarded' by dinosaurs) and I really want my skell now to reach this evil bullshit right here

It's gonna be a whole thing fifty hours from now I bet. Shoutouts to those coolass level 50 things that are actually chill, also to the droids that detect with vision and sound yet couldn't hear me haul rear end from their base like a coward.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dresh posted:

After you do the Gwin mission you can accept animal rescue quests from the Mission Control board then set them as a pet in your barracks.

Whoa hold on, you mean I can rescue a bunch of cats and dogs and have them around the base??? Where do I get Gwin's mission, just on the board? what's it called? can the cats climb the parked Skells?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zore posted:

Nah, you swap them out one at a time in the Blade base. The cats hang out by Lin and Tatsu, I can't find the dog though. :(

Dresh posted:

I forget the name of the Gwin mission, but it's on the north side of the Commercial District, near the coffee alley. You can only have one pet at a time though, but yeah it hangs out and does animal things in the barracks. You don't see them wandering the city, but that's the implication when the party members hang out with them during heart to hearts.

drat, I was hoping for cats crawling all over the place, but picking a favorite to keep is still good. I'll get looking once I finish chapter 5 then!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saigyouji posted:

I'm fond of how pretty much every piece of scenery in Noctilum tries to eat you. Rocks? Yep. Flowers? Yep. Trees? Sure thing. Ruins in a lake? You bet it does. I'm pretty sure the only thing that hasn't tried is the cliffs, and I dunno how long that'll last.

Oh god the flowers. When I was traversing way deeper than I probably should've those flowers would scare the poo poo out of me, not because they were strong, they were just strong enough for me to defeat, but at one area there were these sorta big golden velociraptor sorta things and I kept worrying they'd aggro if they ran by our fight. Ended up just moving the gently caress away from any sort of plant whenever I ran.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

chumbler posted:

I have to question the game's color coding of enemy difficulty, considering purples and greens are supposed to be easy and yet are both higher level than I am and capable of one shotting anyone in my party, basically. I suppose having the correct resistance matters a hell of a lot?

Also it doesn't really matter now since I just cheated with reward tickets, but for getting energy tubes from puges in primordia, are there really only the four puges in the southeast in the entire zone?

They are "technically" "easy" in that colors afterwards are higher levels of "you're hosed", but as early as purple it means you're gonna have a bad time probably, while gray is the only truly easy color.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just finished chapter five, and even though I knew the twist it was still pretty cool how it was done. Also a few days back I had decided to just go into Noctilum and do everything I could for a while, turns out that was a good call since I ended up at 20.7% surveyed and Chapter 6 needs at least 20% before starting, so I'll just go ahead and check on Lao's sidequest and get me some giant robutts.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

26 hours in and I got my Skell, gonna wait 'till tomorrow to actually do anything with it, but drat it feels nice to finally get it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It just hit me, we are a part of BLADE and in this planet we are the aliens. We are the xeno BLADE ...and these are our chronicles.

X

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really, really enjoyed Chapter 11, it was small but having to go through a proper dungeon on foot was a very nice feeling. Killing a dragon to get a key was also nice. Then the cutscenes happened and I don't know if I hate Lao for his stupid reasons to betray humanity (literally just kill yourself twice? why drag everyone down??), Lin (why the gently caress are you defending him???? there ARE sides and he's been actively working with the side we are against!) or MYSELF? (why the gently caress am I defending Lao??????????? did someone forget a dialog option??) it's just amazing how hard everyone had to conspire together in order to allow Lao to be a threat to humanity.

Got a taste at chapter 12 and had to turn off the game because I locked myself past the point of no return and almost instantly lost all my skells in that first fight, meaning no more skells for the rest of the mission and that's lame.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait for Xenoblade N(x)

Real talk tho, I really can't wait for their next major title. X had problems but learning from it and leaning more towards Xenoblade should lead to a great game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

Playing the first Chronicles for the first time and boy am I glad they have the Japanese voices. I'm only now heading to colony 6 and I couldn't stand the voices. I never really had a problem with English accents but it was getting super grating.

I'm not really feeling this post...
Like a Reynbow without Reyn.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Where'd that Xenoblade Chronicles X Aftermath rumor even come from? I'm not finding anything, so i'm just assuming it's a straight port rather than adding stuff.

I think the use of mechs for exploration is fine given how far into the game they come. The mech combat is pretty dire, it's fun but doesn't have any legs for the tons of hours of game they become vital for. Even with drastic improvements I don't see myself going to XCX again, I got my fill. Maybe if I can import my gamefile and do new post-game stories on top of clearing content I had missed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I dug a good chunk of the soundtrack, and some of the buttrock lyrics were fun, but it's definitely a step-down from XC. Hell, if you're remotely into anime there's a chance you'd get tired on XCX since the composer is Hiroyuki Sawano, composer of Anime-rear end Anime Music.

Mixing and the use of the music in general should be improved, and lyric-less versions of tracks have to play in most voiced cutscenes, it's stupid to have lyrics and someone speaking. Starting the main battle theme at different times would also help.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh, this is hyper-fake. I love digging for fake rumors, but between Eurogamer, Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale (specially LKD) we got most of the Switch stuff known pretty well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819999478577057793

Nintendo is saying XC2 comes out this year, the absolute madmen

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/820006018142916608

Nintendo is deleting their Switch line-up picture over and over!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/820006323328864256

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/820296760794853376

• Locked thread