Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Mill Village posted:

I assume there's going to be one Division all Goons should join for multiplayer?

as far as i know the divisions just add minor stat bonuses and give you bonus exp for doing relevant stuff, they don't factor into multiplayer all that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

hubris.height posted:

got the special edition on preorder, what am i getting in it?

why would you preorder a special edition without knowing what was in it

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i shed a tear for busty space marines everywhere

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Read a review that was angry about the music and saying you might as well hit the mute button (Gamespot) and then I took a listen of the OST on youtube and its actually godlike? Am I going crazy or are these people really hosed up.

these people are tremendously hosed up. and some of them are posting in this very thread.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i want to watch someone who complains about the xcx soundtrack play persona 3/4 or twewy.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Will I be able to buy this on the WiiU internet shop and just download it? Or Do I have to go get a cd?

I Haven't played one of their JRPGS since xenosaga 3, I cant wait.

it's on the e-shop but it takes up a lot of space.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

TurnipFritter posted:

I try my best not to, to be honest.

i don't think this is the game for you, then.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK2xkgY7NMo

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Jsor posted:

I agree with you. "Skells" sounds like some bullshit someone made up to make their invention sound awesome, "Dolls" sounds kinda anime-y, but also is a pretty fitting word for giant robots.

So both plausible, I guess, but I prefer Dolls.

yeah but apparently elma's old unit was called the doll squadron in japanese, where in english they get to be called the skelleton crew.

that alone makes the change worth it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Louisgod posted:

The only correct name for your Skell is Metal Face.

excuse me but in the pure and original japanese script as intended by the writers he is called black face

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

SubNat posted:

On that note, does it unlock per region, or worldwide?
Like it'll soon be 00:00 04.12.2015 here, I guess it won't unlock until it's midnight in England, or something?

Been ages since the last time I bought a WiiU game on it's release date.

e-shop says it unlocks at midnight est.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

katkillad2 posted:

When I was watching streamers during the Japanese release that dumb song seemed to play almost constantly. Can you mute the music?

shut up.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Baal posted:

I'm picking up my copy after work, please tell me how long it is in the game before you hear Uncontrollable, Tia.

i saw somebody stream and pretty much the first quest after you get to nla has you fight a tyrant. :toot:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
lol when i heard "raygun" i was expecting something smaller.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Louisgod posted:

Can you adjust day and night like in Xenoblade?

yeah but only in certain places. look for a clock icon on your minimap.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
anybody know what potential does?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i unlocked blast fencer, and their basic melee art says it boosts damage in melee combos. does that mean it does extra damage in response to a soul voice, or what?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Proooobably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway because who the gently caress knows with Nintendo's online stuff sometimes. If I bought this on the e-shop, do I need to download that preload "DLC" or whatever?

the datapacks? nope, they're built into the digital version.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I finished chapter 3 and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing so I'm just kinda wandering around picking fights

Baal posted:

Go to the Administrative District and find the mission board which is located next to Elenora. You now have have 30 missions waiting for you, njoi. You survey Primordia by getting probes and doing missions. The Probe-fessional mission is across the street from blade tower.

there are also some affinity quests you can do. two in the base and one near the job terminal. just keep in mind that lin's is a real pain in the rear end.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Baal posted:

I couldn't start any of the affinity quests yesterday and I don't know why. I had all of the requirements met unless I needed more hearts with the other chars.

you can't take them when you're on a story mission. that might be it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
lol, remember a certain infamous spoiler about this game?

your character is literally the only one who doesn't know everyone's a robot.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Augus posted:

When and how do I use them? I wanna give everybody the badass power ranger mech armor but their stats are only really viable for Elma's set-up (she looks pretty hardcore right now though).

press x in the equipment menu and select change fashion gear.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Do your avatar's soul voice selections have much influence on the way you fight, or only the soul voices of your allies?

i kinda think of the customizable ones as a nice bonus for stuff you were doing already. like, you've got an art that inflicts stun so you make a soul voice that gives the party a damage boost if they answer it when you stun something.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

TurnipFritter posted:

How do you unlock new Arms Merchants? I've put plenty of miranium into the Sakuraba and Grenada, but I don't want to put anymore into them because I'm not high enough level to wear the stuff I'm unlocking.

they unlock as you progress the main questline.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
^^ the terminal in the north room of the blade barracks

Tender Bender posted:

Is there a grace period, like can you autoattack a bit in between arts, or is there any indication you combo'd successfully?
having gotten some practice with it, yeah you've got a few seconds of room to combo arts. and the damage numbers will a be in a sort of starburst window if you got the combo.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

katkillad2 posted:

Is there an indicator or a way to know when it's yourself that needs to start the arts combo? Usually I just wait to see my teammates call out something but sometimes they never do and then I'll be the one to start the chain.

look at soul voices in the party menu.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tricky posted:

Which characters have longsword/assault rifle arts?

gwin. probably others too.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
actually there is, for augments and developing super strong gear. none of it seems really necessary yet but it was a nice surprise when i found i could make an augment that increased my max tp by like 1400.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Brackhar posted:

I've been playing this for a few hours now and have some questions:

First, what is TP and what does it do? I presume that it's used in part to revive people, but I can't figure out how to pick someone up.

Second, do additional battle mechanics get added later? I find the battle system a bit boring without chain attacks.

Third, what is the camera option to increase horizontal rotation when in doors? It seems to be a different setting than the outdoors one.

So far I'm having fun, but I'm really missing the tighter, character driven story of the original Xenoblade. I suppose things may change as I go further, but I'm surprised that I haven't even hit a major call to action yet.

tp is used to revive people, enter overdrive (this game's equivalent of chain attacks, it unlocks after a certain point in the plot), and cast certain arts. the arts all cost 1000, revival and overdrive cost 3000. you build it up with auto attacks and succeeding at soul voices/challenges. i dunno what you're talking about with the camera thing.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
aaagh i need to find beagflea squashes in oblivia for the skell license but i can't find them

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Rei_ posted:

Also how do i check what the actual criteria for squad missions are instead of just running around hoping I find an S?

hold r and hit l to cycle through the icons. they won't show up on your map or anything though, so good luck finding them.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Calaveron posted:

So in the months it took them to dub this thing nobody told the sound people what an incredibly loving dumb idea it was to make the manon sound the way they do?

it was apparently like that in japanese too.

also i was wandering around oblivia and i found three of the honkbirds standing on each others' shoulders while a fourth stood in front of them clapping rhythmically.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
out of curiosity, has anyone found any psycorruptor variant party members besides irina (who is not very good imo)?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zore posted:

Mia who has a long normal 3 quest chain to recruit.

She's flat out a psycorrupter with the normal weapons and her two unique arts.

where do i start that quest chain?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I forgot all about the glow ball. That helped a ton.

One more question, what's the little green circle that fills up on arts after they're off CD Is it stronger when filled or what

yeah. in the arts menu below the description of the art is secondary cooldown bonus. whatever that says is the bonus effect when the green circle fills.

tertiary bonus is i think only in overdrive.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zore posted:

Just remember the first Skell you get is special and can be piloted by anyone level 20 and up once you earn the license.

Every other Skell has a minimum level of 30 (including duplicates of your first model) with upgrades at 50 and 60. So even if you have the cash to buy some you'll probably be rocking it solo for a while.

Also the game doesn't tell you this at all but the weapons you equip it with are its Artes. So go to the store and make sure to fill out every slot.

you can press i think r in the shop menu to switch between showing the weapon's stats and its associated art.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
okay in order to start hope's affinity quest i need to accept the marry me! basic mission but it's not showing up on the mission board. anyone know what i'm missing?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zore posted:

Oh, thats good to know!

My one issue with Galactic Knight, much as I love the class aesthetics and play style, is that they're really built around Beam Buffs/Debuffs... but none of their artes do Beam Damage unless you're wielding a weapon from the right manufacturer so it really feels like you have to use those weapons to get the most out of them and all the Ether/Electric/Thermal/Physical weapons are left to rot.

And the worst part is that those weapons look the dumbest :(.

there's an unlockable photon saber art (from one of doug's affinity quests i think) that reduces ether resistance, and blast fencer gets a skill to boost ether damage. you'll probably have to get skills from other classes if you want to go with some other damage type.

Tender Bender posted:

Is there any way to view what exactly gear attributes like "draw surge II" do? Or is there an online guide that does? If you go to the weapon manufacturers to upgrade the gear attributes you can see exactly that info, but only if the item is upgradable.

the only other thing i know of is to go to the augment creation menu and find it. draw surge makes you more likely to do your weapon drawing soul voice.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Senerio posted:

I made the mistake of trying to recruit Alexa before Chapter 5. Oops.

i thought i was really smart by avoiding that one until i got a skell.

then i took frye's quest, which sends you to the same place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Bland posted:

Huh? I just finished her recruitment mission before starting chapter 5 with no issues, am I super over levelled? What are you referring to?

swimming halfway across the planet.

e: come to think of it though you don't get skells until after chapter 6.

• Locked thread