Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I don't think I've bought a guide for a game since FFXII but I ended up getting the hardbound guide for this. Amazon has it for 22 bucks and you can get an addtional 30% off with the 'holiday30' promo code. Ended up being like 15 bucks: http://smile.amazon.com/Xenoblade-Chronicles-Collectors-Edition-Guide/dp/0744016738/ref=pd_bxgy_63_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XCTWP3K97RMBF6V2ZFJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Golden Goat posted:

The hell is this poo poo!? Where's the terrible vocals? The grating butt rock?

They are in other, better songs.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

gnosticism masochism is why i've played xenosaga 1-3 three or four times

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Terper posted:

If you don't wanna watch Gamexplain's 27 minute review, he uploaded this that summarizes everything.

Thank goodness for this, I started his long one and decided I didn't want to know minutiae before I played.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Uhg well, hype levels are getting dangerously high now.

it's gonna be a real good time ok

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I am going to call everything in the game what it is called in the game I am playing because that is what everything is called.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Motto posted:

I've never cared about this dumb pissing match, but they use the English "Doll" in the JP version.

And in the game we're all about to play, they don't!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sent yall a request.

Who's getting the strat guide? Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release :(

I ordered the guide from amazon on Monday. It ended up being dirt cheap so why not? Downside is it wont be here til next week.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rexroom posted:

Don't insult Potato-chan.

That made me laugh.

Everything about this game looks amazing except for the faces. Oh man the faces.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I want to play this game to the exclusion of everything else in my life right now. Exploring triggers my OCD something fierce (in a good way). I love seeing how far I can get into really dangerous territory without being murdered. Notctilum is a bit difficult for that since a lot of the really dangerous dudes seem to hide underground and it's difficult to tell what terrain I should be traversing.

I've been experimenting with FrontierNAV quite a bit too. When should Booster probes be deployed? I have one but how exactly do they improve surrounding probes?

EDIT: also, where is the probe spot that looks like it's on top of (or underneath) NLA?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Photon Sabers are amazing. I felt like my damage was really low til I classed into them and now combos just loving melt Indigens.

They also make me feel like I'm playing a Phantasy Star game so they are double good.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I wish the map marked caves and such. I found that Rock Cavern once and now I can't find my way back and I explored so much I forgot what hex it was in.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm finding that I enjoy Affinity quests more than the main quest, though I'm still early in the game. Once I beat chapter 4, I spent an entire day working through any new quest available and just had a blast. I know I should probably beeline for Skells but I'm just having too much fun exploring and collecting poo poo.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Dante18907 posted:

What? Galactic knight has like no tanking whatsoever and I absolutely shred face with my melee combo? I feel like you played a completely different class.

Galactic Knight has a melee ability that generates lots of extra TP if you attack from the front which seems like a really useful tanking ability. They also get what seems to be the best heal in the game. They may not be tanks out of the box but I'd want both those abilities if I were tanking.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Louisgod posted:

The class I chose starts with a raygun and knife with the ultimate goal of getting a photon sword because Shulk and it said it's for advanced players and I'm no little bitch. Is it a stupid path?

Speaking of, random question, but remember the first trailer showed what most people thought was Shulk? Was that a stupid tease toward nothing or is there something to it? I secretly wish this world is the world that Shulk created but it doesn't sound like they did anything cool with the story.

photon sabers are insanely good

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

bloodychill posted:

Damage like crazy. Those little shoulder cannons kind of suck though and led to a few wipes when I accidentally used the AOE ability as part of a soul voice combo and hit a nearby giant monster nearby.

Yes, I plan on mastering Galactic Knight so I can take my lightsabers over to a class with a better ranged weapon. That AoE is super dangerous. Maybe sniper rifle? I don't know, I don't do much ranged stuff.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

brainwrinkle posted:

Do any ranged weapons have good TP generation? I'm close to mastering Galactic Knight. I would like to keep lightsabers, but their TP generation is pretty bleh. I'm also considering Mastermind just for the secondary cooldown skill.

Are you using the Photon Saber skill that unlocks for Galactic Knight? It generates lots of bonus TP when used from the front. You may have to slot it manually because it unlocks when you have a full Art Palette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So what do Booster probes do exactly? I have one but I'm not sure how to use them. Do they keep a chain going for the purpose of the bonus % of linked probes?

• Locked thread