Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So some Divisions give rewards for doing things like mapping areas or killing Tyrants, but it looks like you can still do these activities in unrelated Divisions. Will you get the reward for doing those things if you switch to the relevant Division after having done them, or would it better to not do those things until you're in a Division that properly rewards you for doing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Is it possible to play with the WiiU Pro controller and only use the pad as needed?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Is there any reason to keep excess gear around other than for fashion purposes? Is there like a thing that opens up later where you can cannibalize your old poo poo to make your current stuff better?

Is there any reason not to prioritize gear that boosts my damage? I remember going through XC without really worrying about stuff like resists, but then I also did every side quest I could and was overlevelled pretty much from the word go which was fine with me. Any reason this won't work in XCX?

Can you remove placed Augments? They're obviously the new gems so I would think you can swap them freely, but I don't want to drop something cool in a piece of gear I'll end up ditching later on and not be able to get it back.

Just finished Chapter 5 and the game is cool for the most part. Things I'm not particularly fond of are Fashion items being equipped removes them from your inventory (I want everyone in heart shades goddammit!), the absurd amount of usually worthless gear that gets dropped, vague/non-existant quest directions such as "kill this monster for this item, but since killing the monster in itself is not the quest objective go find it on your own", and the loving NLA theme, but they're minor problems at worst. Primordia alone has been worth the price of admission, it's like an alien version of the Veldt and the music is similar too.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Man gently caress the rear end in a top hat in charge of quest objectives. I have to talk to somebody so I head to where they're supposed to be, but they're missing so now I gotta go find them. Wouldn't be a problem except the quest objective hasn't moved. It is literally telling me my objective hasn't changed, that I need to be right where I'm currently standing, and the surrounding NPCs aren't helping either. I'm on the BFFs quest, anyone mind telling me whereabouts I'm supposed to be looking for Mamapon?

e - Went to the wrong area. Still would be nice if they'd at least gave you an indication of where to look.

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 7, 2015

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Just got my first skell and immediately got it trashed trying to do Prone Sweet Prone. My avatar is level 33, should I not bother blowing insurance on this thing and just get a real one? Also I'm planning on raising affinity with various characters but none of them are level 30, so I assume they won't be able to pilot anything? Also also is there like an ideal place to get the hang of skell combat? It doesn't look too different than grounded but I'd like to get a handle on it before I actually get into fights that matter.

Also given how abysmal jumping around in normal skell mode is, I can't begin to imagine how lovely the bad vehicle modes are.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

Does Murderess disappear after doing The Rich Little Girl? I haven't seen her since I completed the mission and removed her from my team. She doesn't seem to be gone for a Heart-to-Heart either, since she doesn't seem to be around during every part of the day.

Her first Heart-toHeart is in the Residential District in one of the house's back yards. That's the only one I've done with her so if you've already done it, good luck finding her/the next one I guess.

Unrelated, I was tooling around NLA with Irina in my party and she got on another Interceptor's case for calling me a noob. Are there more division-specific interactions like this with various party members or was this a one-off kind of thing?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Are there certain Field Treasure things that only show up after you make a given amount of progress? There's a treasure segment in Noctilum near one of the Coil Trees northwest of the Elephant Trunk land bridge and the mini-map is not showing the little yellow square anywhere while I'm in that segment. Also I don't have the game running atm so I can't really be more specific. Anyway, do some of these just not show up right away or am I not looking hard enough?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

HalfHazard posted:

If I'm thinking of the right one, try going up. Waaaaay up. The little square doesn't show on the mini-map if you're far above or below it

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Some of the markers don't appear if you aren't on the same elevation as the treasure sometimes, I think

All right, I thought I was able to get pretty high there before but like I said I don't remember that area perfectly so I'll try going higher. The weird thing is that even if you're not on the right elevation, the icon will still show up on the mini-map faintly, but I swear it's just not showing me anything. I should really get around to just getting the drat flight thing already.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Boze's kinda funny in that the couple Heart-to-Hearts I've had with him I've just called him a dipshit the entire time and he likes me more for it. Never don't poo poo all over that guy.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Phog is my friend, and I wish I could help him overcome his aversion to cats.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Taear posted:

And I know that, I'm actually asking for specifics. Is there anywhere that's "known" to be good or is it randomly determined and I have to find it myself? I find using the Wii U remote tedious and the screen isn't sensitive enough so it takes me loving forever.

I've been following this setup for my probes. If you have a Skell you can get a lot of these filled out even without the flight mod if you've been diligent in finding field treasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I put those on Elma to match her standard outfit. It might just be me, but combined with her normally-calm dialogue it came off like she just gave no shits about anything :allears:.

I've got them on Elma too but I have her wearing the white formal suit thing that kinda looks like Elly's outfit if you squint at it. I don't think I'll ever change her out of that ensemble.

Weren't there supposed to be outfits that looked like what previous Xeno characters wore, or did I misread something? Actually now that I think of it I could turn Yelv into a passable Bart, I should go do that.

• Locked thread