Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I saw something in the distance and started running there, then swam there, and it turns out it was another continent. If you want to go there, you can probably do it!

Also started swimming around a cliff face overlooking the ocean and found a bonus spot for fast travel. This is a fun exploration game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The Monado in the first game was a magical super-artifact which contained the sealed soul of a dark god who was actually a scientist from Earth who accidentally destroyed the universe and became the god of a giant robot that was also a country.

"It's an anime girl who transforms into a sword" is like a step down in craziness.

Actually you're a bit off. It's even crazier than that in the first game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

They also didn't really put anything in the world. No towns, no real set pieces or interesting events, just a bunch of (admittedly really cool) landscapes occasionally dotted with space-RV's. The closest thing to a fleshed out point of interest is the water processing plant with the shower situation. I don't think having the game revolve around a single big city is necessarily a bad thing but they really bungled it.

So reading up on prerelease stuff I guess the plan was to have more expansion and evolution, but it was scrapped. I was hoping at least to see the bridges in the city completed, but alas.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

UberJumper posted:

* Is there any easy way to change the current time other than going and finding one of those houses? (i have seen like 2)

Any clock icon on the map will be either one of the base camp things, or a red bench, where you can wait to skip time to any point. They're pretty common.

• Locked thread