Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Blitz's flash feature is sort of useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ghetto wormhole posted:

There's really no bad ones but Mute, Castle, Thermite, and Ash are pretty much always welcome.

Tachanka is amazingly situational (because of how finicky his turret placement is) but when he's in a good position he's either a great ambusher or effective bait so your team can take opfor out while they're trying to kill you.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dead Like Rev posted:

Nobody seems to want to play mute, also smoke is invaluable to hold down a choke point.

Mute's jamming radius is miniscule as all hell which is unfortunate. It's barely the size of a doorway. I realize this is mainly to keep drones jumping over jammers viable but it also makes blocking breaching charges on walls a pain in the rear end.

Heck, you should be able to pick up a hostage to move them if you get screwed with the placement.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is there a reason why Ash's gl(and Sledge's hammer) don't kill people when you use them? Blowing apart somebody's rib cage is the height of fun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtj6B4Km7Us

That's one way to extract the hostage.

(I was the guy extracting, it bugged out when trying to vault out the window so it had me rappel instead, hostage went flying.)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've never actually seen anybody live long enough as Doc to get back up to fight again. Either they get finished off really quickly or they get hit in the head anyways.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Please stop putting shields in doorways sideways jerks, it absolutely screws roamers if that's the only viable road back in.

I can't think of a single match where that actually helps because hostiles can just blow it up or blow up other routes in.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Foehammer posted:

No one listen to this advice, doorway shields are wonderful for Kapkan traps and Bandit batteries, and one of the few ways to get a kill shot on a skilled Montagne.

It's not so much using them in doorways as it is putting them sideways so they can't be vaulted over easily.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Duggler posted:

I think players need to stop boxing themselves into rooms so often. I can see doing it on hostage because you aren't going to get cluster bombed or naded to death but every other mode its not necessary.

The biggest offender to this is reinf between objectives on bomb. It usually ends up screwing you when they plant a defuser but you have no way into the room that doesn't involve breaking a barricade or trying to deal with your own metal walls.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Strategically placing Tachanka on breakable walls (that have cameras on the other side or Pulse) works pretty well. There's an upstairs wall on the Biker bar map that you can just absolutely lay waste if you're far back enough and have good team scouting you.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
An old killcam, but shows how obvious some of the hackers in this game are:
https://streamable.com/yetz

On House on secure area maps this tactic is surprisingly viable:
https://streamable.com/njmi

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

The he can make castle barricades more effective and can stop drones from getting into the objective. Most people don't play him correctly and are unable to do both. It does take patience and you do have to pick up and redeploy your hammers. I was playing with some goons last night who wouldn't pick him, the objective would be found and then kept wondering how the enemy always knew where they were. Because of this I had to roam as Jaeger, sometimes to great effect.

Castle barricades are more a hindrance than help as a defender on anything but hostage maps. You can't shoot through them but they can deploy anything they want on it (fuze, breach, thermite) without worrying about being killed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Foehammer posted:

Mildly interesting tidbit:

SAS and GSG-9 Recruits are 1 Armor / 3 Speed
FBI Recruits are 2 Armor / 2 Speed
GIGN and Spetsnaz Recruits are 3 Armor / 1 Speed

This applies for both Attackers and Defenders.

SAS recruit is pretty good because he's basically a (slightly worse for deployables) carbon copy of Smoke/Sledge. You get a single grenade or c4 along with 2 sets of barbed wire and 2 breach charges.

You also however get the either an MP5/shotgun/that other smoke only SMG primary along with either the 226 or the SMG-11 for a secondary. You're screwed for sights and attachments though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Trump posted:

Ok how the gently caress do I tell if Montagnes shield is extended or not?

If you can't shoot, its extended.

edit: It's patch 3 coming on patch 4, how the hell isn't there an indication of what map/mode it is on the operator screen still?

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 15, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Played ranked as a group of 4 goons with one pubbie. First pubbie was okay, we won the match. Second pubbie was 4.3 k/d and a 2.3 win loss rate. Took us a couple rounds before we noticed the dude was hacking when he dropped all pretense and started prefiring through walls.

Amazingly we didn't lose right away being down a man, we stuck it out until the 9th round.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

The drone phase is a nice replacement for the planning phase. I also liked the situations and wish they'd make more for the new maps. A proper campaign with persistent operator death would be cool but meh.

Having persistent damage in ranked maps would be amazing because it would force you to change up your locations unless you wanted to spend a heap of time/effort boarding up holes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

WITNESS MY SHAME

Shame? That's smart considering the new operators are 25k a pop.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
That deployable shield exploit can be used to entirely block off the doors leading into the vault on Bank. Real pain in the rear end when you're out of breaching rounds or grenades.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
If you want a good example of hacking just look at gfycat's siege posts, they're full of gems like this one.

https://gfycat.com/WarpedWeirdBeaver

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

There have been no such things as guest pass since closed beta.

What? There were guest passes in late December.

quote:

Ubisoft has launched a refer-a-friend program for Rainbow Six Siege, which will allow friends of players to test the Windows PC version game at no cost starting today.

The promotion runs from 6 p.m. ET today through this Monday, Dec. 21, at midnight. Each player will receive four referral keys to pass along to others, and will earn a 24-hour renown bonus upon redemption.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

The R6 dlc model is nothing like evolve. Uplay is garbage but they have been polishing their turd real hard.

The worst thing about Uplay is how broken matchmaking still is. Oftentimes when we pick up another squad member after one leaves its just easier to exit the game and kill/relaunch the client in order to make sure it doesn't gently caress up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Luckiest knife ever:
https://streamable.com/ogwn

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

The gadget is pretty rear end, lets be fair.

Have IQ be the attacker equivalent of Pulse or have her at least light up when people use their cell phones to watch cameras.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's some video explaining the netcode out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZj4c_j9Qs

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Awesome, R6 makes your IP available to everyone you play with.

To be fair, so does Black Ops 3.

VOIP! :argh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/kwh6

Nope, hit detection isn't broken at all (especially with shields)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

I personally think comms are doing an awesome job at communicating the priorities and explaining the nature of some issues while adding an expected fix date delivery for some of them.

https://streamable.com/egk6

This one is a bit funny as it appears to be an bug allowing other people to chat as you with the way lines are handled.

edit: Also can we not have the possibility of dual floor bomb sites on casual popping up more than once? As a defender it almost always results in you losing in that case (though it only pops up in Hereford/House afaik).

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 9, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

I make peek shots all the time yeah, I don't look exactly at where the person is the whole time I'm moving to the door, nor do I know exactly where to look after I killed a drone and he hasn't made a sound in a while.

TBH a score of 12/3/2 in a 5 round map is a bit absurd to begin with.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

The trick is they do, but when you're just holding a shield they stagger the person with the shield. The thing with that video is that the animation of putting away the shield intercepted the knife kill.

Putting your shield away on your back actually protects your back as it would your front while holding it if I remember correctly.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Old Blitz shield

vs New Blitz Shield

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

Someone on our group suggested that Kapkan traps should lose the laser but instead of killing they should down an enemy like the frost trap does when you run into them. I think that is a really good tradeoff and balance. Hope you guys consider something like that.

If that isn't possible it would be good to make the lasers like Payday 2's traps: two separate modes; laser for killing dudes, laser off for motion detection.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/g3pn

Ranked always has some fun dudes to play against. :rolleyes:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

God bless the player falling sound, it gets me so many unfair kills.

If you prone down hatches you basically make nary a sound.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DatonKallandor posted:

Maybe they changed it because it was spoiling that we're getting underbarrel mount flashlights?

I can't think of a single map where that would actually be a benefit though and not a massive "I'm coming, shoot me as I turn this corner!" hindrance.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Plan Z posted:

-Don't let yourself be cornered, especially as defender. Usually, if I fire at someone and survive, I move around, as it not only catches people off-guard, but I escapes any help that may be coming to the enemy I just fought. Most people will sit there and try to wait for you to poke back out, and are easy pickings for another teammate or for you to out-maneuver them.

This is especially prevalent on House because how enclosed the map is. You really have to not let yourself get trapped in rooms with objectives and/or have different escape routes available. I've had several bomb matches where they just reinforced the poo poo out of the kid's bedroom including castle walls on the door and couldn't get back inside in time to get the defuser. Plus there's basically two or three routes to any place on that map. Trapped in the master bedroom because somebody is on the kid's house platform or the staircase windows? Blow open the trap door with a shotgun or go through the bathroom, out the window, into construction, and then over the foyer railing into the foyer. People are so scared of the two second rule but it helps you move from place to place so quickly at times. One of the things people forget on Oregon is you can just travel on the rooves from the dorms to the tower(s).

People also forget trap doors on maps where tossing grenades up them will almost certainly kill an operator given where they hide. The master bedroom in House is really notable for people hiding in those two corners with the turned over cabinet and behind the couch.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 17, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'd love it if the end of round killcams didn't have the whole black and white washing out effect applied to them. It makes it really hard to see what's going on at times.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Liberatore posted:

Occasionally you see someone who may be wallhacking but it's usually inconclusive.

https://streamable.com/hc88

Ranked is often fun.

There's also this classic from a couple months ago when the gyfcat for Siege was 90% hacker clips:
https://gfycat.com/UnfoldedInexperiencedArmadillo

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've had fuze charges quite literally directly hit me for 5 damage before exploding; the time after being hit was enough that I could run away and avoid the explosions.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/58ff

Effective communication is key in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Clinton1011 posted:

The acception is 5 man queues, when I queue up with a full group I always seem to get a match quickly.

Last night when we were east coasting the servers would either take forever and a day to give us a full team to go against in ranked or people would continually quit the match. I'm talking every single round for 4 matches in a row there would be people leaving, in both ranked and casual.

• Locked thread