Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Great Beer posted:

I caused a 5 man ragequit cascade today after shooting two guys leaving sailboat spawn on Kanal. Feels good man. :3:

I had 1 guy harass my team out of spawn on the plane map and kill 3 of us. Glaz was standing right there watching.
It was a bit of a downer. Why does Bandit's MP7 shoot a mile full auto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

How do you guys know where they are going to spawn?

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Squeegy posted:

So pistols have auto aim right? Between months of shooting out cameras and what I just observed in slowed down footage of a kill cam, they definitely home towards your target a little.

I would guess that the console versions do but not PC.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

was a 4v1 but I have shadowplay on 1 min.

https://streamable.com/ksf6

OHMANDU

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I have no audio please explain to me what is going on.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Most likely because this is a game.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

These analysts are clowns. Not knowing the round count is bad enough but when one guy is totally convinced the finals spot has been clinched and the other knows that there is a game 3 and actually is convinced otherwise briefly. Jesus.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

This patch is going to be buggy as all hell. Over confident production schedule?

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

quote:

Reduced exposure on Operator’s head positioning while aiming

We have grouped the camera and head placement tighter to expose the player’s head less. This should mitigate the issue where you are looking down from a window and someone can see your head but you can’t see theirs.

Animations when leaning are now mirrored on both sides

Since all Operators are right-handed, leaning on the left or right gave a different head exposure. We have mirrored the animations in a way that exposes the head as much on the right than on the left.

This makes me feel nice. I was having vCoD left lean flashbacks every now and again.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just give Recruits the ability to put attachments on their guns and two wall reinforcements on defence so they're viable alternatives to named operators.

I don't think they should be. Their adaptiveness is checked by their lesser loadout.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Squeegy posted:

It's so funny to roll into Casual from Ranked and crush the tiny little people hiding there, just trying to enjoy a game with no pressure. It's just so easy, their aim is so bad and their tactics are so simple compared to people in Ranked. I used to play nothing but Casual for months, but I'm glad I switched. It just seems amusing when I play it now.

:allears:

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Basticle posted:

I was only spectating this and I still puckered up

https://gfycat.com/ImpressionableEmotionalGuineapig

:ohdear:
No matter how many times I watch this I still get nervous.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Pfox posted:

That's really clever of you.

:golfclap:

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

We should test everyone's blood now.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Great Beer posted:

I can't think of a reason this would be terribly difficult.

I think I need to stop reading Games when a post about armchair game dev makes me a little mad.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Great Beer posted:

Aw. As broken as the game is its still loving awesome.

Yeah, maybe they'll fix everything in the F2P sequel!

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Wooper posted:

New attacking operator will have a drone with nitro/grenade attached.

What a topical post.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

IceOrb posted:

Also Glaz shouldn't be hanging around outside.

Early game yes he is great for holding down external breach points while the rest of the team moves in, but once the team is in he needs to be right with them.

His ability to one shot down at close range is a huge threat and creates an insane amount of pressure on the defending team since they essentially can't peak if Glaz is holding a long angle on them.

Unless you are jeynos with massive nuts and a mac11.

Far too many posts before this was mentioned. The one shot power indoors in really intimidating.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I swear this game looks better on console than on pc my with settings absolutely maxed, on a gtx 980. I don't get it.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Party Plane Jones posted:

870 recruit is surprisingly viable on some maps as attacker: https://streamable.com/xpoz

I really think being able to shoot while vaulting is absolute bullshit.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

It might be faded in the hip-hop way.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Basticle, I don't play the game much anymore because of all the exploitable crap and hitreg problems so I just live through your videos.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Gunder posted:

I actually really like the one shot headshots with any gun. Maybe that makes me a weirdo.

Same here. Bullets hurt heads a lot no matter what caliber/gun it comes from.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Lemon-Lime posted:

We're already in a situation where anything with a high rate of fire, high magazine capacity and recoil that isn't totally insane trumps every other weapon because of its ability to get headshots. No amount of changes to DMRs will make them viable when in the same time it takes you to fire two shots, an automatic weapon can fire 10 times as many with enough accuracy that your perfect two shots don't matter.

Damage values/rate of fire/recoil can all be tweaked to make sure no one weapon is completely dominant. Changing the system so only DMRs can OHK headshot would actually make more weapons viable, conceptually, than the current system.

I think OHK headshots let you play the weapons you are comfortable with while not having to worry about getting poo poo on by 95% of the playerbase using some sort of lasergun that makes the game unfun. It is one of the things that makes the game unique and not flat for balance's sake. It seems balanced by restricting weapons to certain operators and offering OHK headshots.

Fixing hitreg would really smooth out any issues I have with the game. In the end I can't get better at shooting in a game that gives me mixed feedback every other time I shoot someone in an identical situation. Red puffs, dying, and then seeing them at full health makes me wonder why I even load the game up.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

DoctorStrangelove posted:

insta-die headshots are very bad because it means you can shoot bullets every whichway and still randomly win a firefight. They are even worse combined with zero spread on the first shot which means that combat very often comes down to who can edge out the other player's hitbox the best.

By edge out the hitbox do you mean be able to aim and manage recoil better to put a shot in the hitbox? Because yeah, that's kind of what shooting games are.

And if you ripped into someone from behind and they whipped around and shot you, you didn't shoot well enough or didn't put yourself in a sitation advantageous enough, especially if all the shots registered.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I mean find a super small sliver of someone's hitbox and then shoot that. Like you know that tiny hole in the pile of sandbags in the meeting room in Oregon? A tiny hole like that is a huge issue thanks to the way the game's mechanics are. If guns had spread and headshots were not instant death it wouldn't be such a problem.

Oh, I certainly agree with that when it comes to crack shooting. Those little touches that are supposed to make the game seem more lived in or realistic really hurt the gameplay. That's a level design coming after aesthetics.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

afkmacro posted:

it should count, if your party is only two people and you kill your friend that sucks for the rest of the team because now it's 4v5. if your party is 5 people then the assumption everyone is okay with your shenanigans.

That's a really good point.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I waited til 3 weeks ago to buy the season 1 pass. I want to buy the season 2 pass right now. Please let me do it Ubi Shop, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

my kinda ape posted:

Just buy it off Green Man Gaming for 20% off, they give a uPlay code.

Even better. Thank you.

• Locked thread