Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Squeegy posted:

Where do you find these chumps? My team only gets matched up against plats/hackers/plat hackers.

Yeah we played a bunch last night and got owned like never before :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

That clip near the end is quite deceptive. I'm usually MUCH worse.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://gfycat.com/TameCriminalBillygoat

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Do any of you stream when partying up with goons? I'm way too loving garbage at this to join you peeps but would love watch you guys play together against pubs/inhouse.

Especially you Zebra, don't let your bud infre down.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer

Squeegy posted:

Where do you find these chumps? My team only gets matched up against plats/hackers/plat hackers.

We get plenty of those too, but we also get a lot of people that shoot their own teammates, and the people that blow themselves up with C4, grenades, breaching charges, and cluster charges. Then there's the ones that jump off buildings...

There were also a number of clips in this last video that were in house games. We get 10 people in the same mumble channel and throw tactics out the window.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I caused a 5 man ragequit cascade today after shooting two guys leaving sailboat spawn on Kanal. Feels good man. :3:

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Great Beer posted:

I caused a 5 man ragequit cascade today after shooting two guys leaving sailboat spawn on Kanal. Feels good man. :3:

I had 1 guy harass my team out of spawn on the plane map and kill 3 of us. Glaz was standing right there watching.
It was a bit of a downer. Why does Bandit's MP7 shoot a mile full auto?

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
which of you was the poor bastard that ended up in a game against us an hour ago?

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
I had more clips so I made another one. Bonus at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5w9zY2fD6c

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Good to see Fairfight is on the case.
https://streamable.com/slr6
(We still won against these guys)

https://streamable.com/r765
This one was good though.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 11, 2016

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
Yeah, Fairfight in this game is kind of odd. I'm not sure what kind of data they look at to determine if a person is cheating. It works incredibly well in Battlefield 4 though.

It doesn't really matter though, because even if a person is caught cheating by fairfight, the first offence is a 5 minute ban.

Hornet fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 11, 2016

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I am pretty sure fairfight ignores all walls in this game that can be demolished. Which doesnt leave us with that many walls left.
How much does it even cost to activate VAC for your game on steam? They could just pay it by putting out more recolored skins.

At least VAC bans by signatures, not arbitrary feelings.
Wouldnt be surprised if they reduced the bantime, because people just can complain to be banned from their service for a lifetime, and get a timeban for lack of evidence.

But what do I know :rolleyes:

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
VAC would only work for players that bought Siege through Steam. Those who got it elsewhere wouldn't be scanned. BF4 uses PunkBuster in addition to FairFight.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
VAC wouldn't work at all because of that. Only Steamworks games can be VAC-protected.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

wolffenstein posted:

VAC would only work for players that bought Siege through Steam. Those who got it elsewhere wouldn't be scanned. BF4 uses PunkBuster in addition to FairFight.

I am aware of that, i just dont care about the extra 25% they make on their own store. I bought it off steam with that in my mind.
Oy vey :homebrew:

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Liberatore posted:

VAC wouldn't work at all because of that. Only Steamworks games can be VAC-protected.

If you sell a game on steam you are technically using Steamworks. Also VAC is a tool for itself and not intergrated into the game. At least I think so with what google and co told me.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This is wonderful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwshoHprIE

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
https://youtu.be/L4b62q3tKKg

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

How do you guys know where they are going to spawn?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

SatelliteCore posted:

Step 1: Always assume it's that spot.
Step 2: When it is that spot, save a recording.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Lol always hit that wall, all day every day

edit: you can also hear their gestapo bootheels crunching through fresh christmas snow on that camera if you want to make sure / are waiting till they get into wallbanging range

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 12, 2016

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
I love this game.

https://streamable.com/xke3

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SatelliteCore posted:

There's only so many spawns.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

What happened to the next set of operators? Its the middle of April and we haven't seen or heard poo poo about them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I feel like defenders going outside should appear on your hud instantly as well as pinging on your compass. It's a loving siege that's been surrounded by police officers but you can totally run outside.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Beastie posted:

I feel like defenders going outside should appear on your hud instantly as well as pinging on your compass. It's a loving siege that's been surrounded by police officers but you can totally run outside.

I agree completely. It's also one of the things I dislike about Terrorist Hunt missions (yes I know, 'why are you playing TH'), since although the area is surrounded by police cars, somehow entire groups of terrorists (including bombers in those bullet-resistant hazmat suits) just run in from off-map between the police cars and get you from behind. :mad:

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
It used to be five seconds before you were spotted, and they reduced it to three. Which is fair, it tells you the moment they're aside, just doesn't spot them immediately.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Another 8 ranked games, another 8 losses.

I wish I could go 14-1 like some players.

So unbelievably frustrating.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 13, 2016

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Is this worth getting? I'm enjoying watching all the dumb hijinks vids, but is that the norm, or just random?

Basically, is game fun?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Is this worth getting? I'm enjoying watching all the dumb hijinks vids, but is that the norm, or just random?

Basically, is game fun?

It's good. It's really good.

It's a little janky sometimes but it's good.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Basically, is game fun?

It's one of the best shooters in years. I can bitch and moan all day about the netcode jankiness or operator balance but I'll still be on and playing it when I get a chance because it's a really fun game.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFMFPBRkv0

Hard, fix your game.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Basically, is game fun?

The fact that many things are still unbalanced, bugged, and otherwise easily improvable but still not fixed, all on top of netcode performance directly correlated with the weather,

Is a testament to how incredibly fun the core gameplay is. It's got to be $30 at this point everywhere and it is well worth that price. Fuckin ubisoft quit sitting on gems you loving dorks

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

And everything was working properly....

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

You see, the problem is the assumption that hitboxes matter in this game

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Found a bug couple times where the game gives you basically an ESP for a split second if you pay attention while performing some player actions. Let's hope I can consistently reproduce it and post a video on reddit, right after an update hit :agesilaus:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Basically, is game fun?

Get it on sale.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

is this like a known exploit or a hacker or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnvDyKG99M

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

You shot over his head and he shot you through the chair, not seeing anything there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Basticle posted:

is this like a known exploit or a hacker or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnvDyKG99M

he shot you through the couch? after you were shooting in the room next to him?

seems pretty cut and dry.

• Locked thread