Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Beastie posted:

I feel like defenders going outside should appear on your hud instantly as well as pinging on your compass. It's a loving siege that's been surrounded by police officers but you can totally run outside.

I agree completely. It's also one of the things I dislike about Terrorist Hunt missions (yes I know, 'why are you playing TH'), since although the area is surrounded by police cars, somehow entire groups of terrorists (including bombers in those bullet-resistant hazmat suits) just run in from off-map between the police cars and get you from behind. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I take it you're all playing from the US or Europe, right? Since I'm in Australia and I've actually encountered maybe only 2-3 hackers in total as surprising as that may seem, (although this is only across 37hrs according to Steam, so not exactly a substantial amount of playtime) so it seems pretty good - at least in my region. Certainly no worse (or not much worse, at least) than other FPS games I've played online.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
No love for Raven Shield? :( I thought that one was the best (at least until Siege came out - now they're both #1, but in different ways)

Squeegy posted:

Please patch the sound bug in Vegas 2

Also this

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ten_twentyfour posted:

Ravenshield dominated my life for like a year. Such a great game. It was my first slow, tactical multiplayer shooter. One of my favorite games of all time.

Same here - not even SWAT4 holds a candle to R63:RS, in my eyes. What was everyone's (well, everyone who played RS I guess) favourite map, out of curiosity? Just for quick Terrorist Hunts and multiplayer games, that is. Myself and my group of friends always played Presidio, so I'm curious about whether most of the playerbase was the same, or if there were other, more popular maps being played. (Since we never played it online, due to our terrible :australia: internet connections)

EDIT: Speaking of :australia:, are there any active Siege players Down Under, on Steam? If so, friend me! I'm playing R6:S most evenings, so I'd be up for some goon matches in the future.
(And I know there's a spreadsheet in the OP, although it's not necessarily filled with still-active players)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 29, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Squeegy posted:

At least the other guy tried harder, you might as well cite the fact that the attackers use little advanced dronemobiles that can jump despite having no obvious mechanisms as an example of how the game's semi-futuristic technology level is ~totally breaking my immersion~

Isn't that little stick (for lack of better word) at the rear of the drone used to kick it up into the air? I'm more interested in how drones manage to move sideways/strafe, myself.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the amount of damage you take into the negatives must be a factor because it feels way safer to toe someone with a lower caliber pistol than a high one

Yeah, I believe this is the case as well. I think it must also carry across into the bleedout mode, since in some games where I think I just hit 0hp I was able to survive a pistol round or two in my legs/feet, while I was crawling around a corner to safety - however on other occasions where I think I must've dipped a fair way into the negatives when I was gunned-down into bleedout mode, getting shot in the foot by a handgun finished me off straight away.

EDIT: Also, I like how pulling someone up off the floor allows them to immediately carry on (as opposed to making a token effort to patch them up first, like in L4D - not a great example I know, though), despite them being in bleedout mode. I mean, thanks for helping me up, but I'm still no less full of holes and bleeding all over the floor! :v:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 18, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey Hard, not sure if you're aware or not, but there don't seem to be any ammo dumps/resupply points on Border in Terrorist Hunt - at least, not on classic mode, anyway. (and yes yes, I know, what am I doing even playing thunt? Well, I sometimes like to just kill 10min trying out guns like in R6:Vegas, dammit!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Foehammer posted:

Hard please increase the shotgun pellet damage for headshots on suicide bombers, ty

A thousand times this. Same for 7.62 rounds into the face-plate at close range, even - I shouldn't need to put an extended burst with an AR into suicide bombers' faces to put them down, surely.

Also, that reminded me of a question that I had forgotten to ask until now: does the last situation ("Article ##" or whatever - the one involving playing with a full online team on a college map) give you any extra renown/other bonuses? Since from memory I did it by just searching for T-Hunt games online and joining some newbie's lobby and we won (don't recall getting any bonus renown though), however seeing as I've bothered to actually get up to it by completing the previous situations, I can't actually find anyone to do it with.
And that college/university map's unique, right? How come it's not in the map rotation, if so? (I'm sure it is - don't tell me I'm imagining things)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Basticle posted:

I'll have to look at my graphical settings because my game does not look like that.

Same here - and mine are set fairly high, from memory. You don't somehow have bloom set to 1,000% by any chance, do you Bilal? :D Certainly seems that way! That or your operator was stuck in a dark room all their life, up until that moment

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm unironically glad people continue to make this reference.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I'm ironically glad people continue to make that reference.

As someone who only recently started posting in the Ubi-threads on SA, would someone mind telling me what this reference is? I'm kinda curious as to what game they could be referring to, now..
(Also, just saw those post-update .gifs; nice update Hard & Co.)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Eyud posted:

I managed to do this once, it was wonderful.

I love it when this happens! Get the attention of someone with a shotgun, then jump over the head of the hostage - your drone might get blasted, but chances are the hostage will too! (Also good if you cause team damage that results in a TK-fest between 2-3 players. Had this happen once to both the enemy team and my own team in the same match, in separate defense rounds...such a bunch of idiots)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Basticle posted:

Bandit is flexible in that you can take barbed wire to put in doorways to electricute and kill drones to replace or suplement mute jammers or you can electrify walls to replace or suplement jammers to keep enemies from breaching. Either way if you are bandit you have low armor and high speed, you need to be roaming 100% of the time.

Speaking as a frequent Mute player though, be careful when setting up batteries at walls/doorways near where Mute's jammers/wireless routers are set up, as they will (more often than not) be destroyed due to the proximity of your car battery :argh:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh, and a question of my own - if I want to be roaming, is Jager with his carbine a good choice for it? Or should I be using his other gun/not roaming with him at all? And on the topic of roaming, how far should you typically be going? Like, going to the far side of the building where it's suspected enemies will be coming from, or dwelling a room or two away from the objective, or? (I mean, I've played the game a reasonable amount as-is, although when I'm a defender I'm primarily in the objective area and haven't roamed much)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Beastie posted:

I'd like an operator that has nvg and can disable the lights in certain rooms.

It would be good if you could actually destroy the lights rather than just making them flicker, when you shoot them - like what you can do in Splinter Cell. I think it could be quite interesting, particularly on night-time maps.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bobua posted:

Woah, Pulse was a beast and seemed to be a top pick for diamond players already. Crazy that they're buffing him... although I like it.

:woop: I just started getting back into using Pulse (love using him on Plane - just sit up top and drop down or shoot through the floor whenever an enemy goes underneath you), so this buff is gonna make things all the more interesting!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

SD87 posted:

Why is that? Is a team of all shielders that overpowered?

Yeah, that seems odd - since it's not as though a team of shields can effectively take out C4 being thrown at them, without exposing themselves (not to mention they'd be pretty easy to flank, considering)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Why was pulse buffed

It's loving up the game

All he needs now is for his sensor to be wrist-mounted like IQ's scanner, and he'll basically be Predator with a UMP! :unsmigghh:
(Which is something I personally wouldn't mind witnessing! ...for a day, anyway :D)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people are already leaving DBNO players for interrogations, which leaves me with the unenviable task of executing DBNO people i can't reach in time. when will i be reimbursed for this lost renown hard

You shall receive your compensation in the form of a lifetime of nightmares, accompanied by seeing first-hand the widow and/or children of the now-deceased operative grieve about their loss and wonder whether they really did die during a "training accident". Is this satisfactory? :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tom Clancy's vision had Rainbow Six operatives being trained in ultra-realistic super-advanced Virtual Reality. These VR sessions are what the game depicts.

Yeah it's basically the future-hit VR training experience "Rainbow Six: Civil War" (since why else would Rainbow operatives be killing one another? I for one find it interesting that it's essentially just one big friendly-fire incident, seeing as the adversarial modes are Rainbow vs Rainbow, unlike with thunt. I guess it's one way of filtering out the chaff from the wheat! :v:)

EDIT: Rainbow was better when John Clark was in charge! (Speaking of which, in R6 'lore', who is in charge of Rainbow at the time of R6:S? Anyone from the books, like from the more recent post-death novel releases, or is it just some made-up schmo that Ubisoft invented?)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 4, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I was just playing a THunt with friends the other day and noticed that the operators talked poo poo/banter with one another a bit, mostly at the start of the round. How come that doesn't occur in regular MP matches? I reckon it'd be great starting off rounds with Buck or Fuze talking some poo poo about being 'the hunters'/telling everyone to keep up with them and whatnot, rather than the silence you get in MP as-is.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey Hard, would it be possible for the flag on BB's portrait (below) to be corrected? As it's currently backwards. :v: I noticed the same thing with every single menu background photo of the soldier during the Dustline period, however I let that be, seeing as I knew it would be temporary, with those.
I'm assuming he was originally facing left, then mirrored? If so, his unit emblem is no doubt the wrong way around as well, heh

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

El Jebus posted:

That's actually how it is supposed to be displayed.

Huh, that's interesting - just looked it up then. Still, seems a touch silly that the US armed forces actually do this, so I'm sticking by saying that it's backwards! :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Gunder posted:

Castle + Mute can be effective at my skill level on some maps. Especially if there's no Sledge or Ash.

Yeah, with Mute he can be pretty decent, provided you can deal with any Ash-/Sledge-related threats before they re-open your barricaded doors. Otherwise he's just really not great. I really think Wooper's suggestion could be good - it would be amazing to be able to seal off your flanks! Especially if you wind up inadvertently blocking off a roamer who was lying in wait, before moving in from behind :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Squeegy posted:

A motion sensor you can throw down and it makes a loud noise if you pass through it sounds pretty great. Like a metal detector you can place tactically.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Possibly even goes with the Japanese theme of the next update; what with it effectively turning any horizontal surface into a 'nightingale floor'

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Paradigmata posted:

I find it easier when playing on NA servers with a 150 ping than on EU with 20, maybe that's just because NA is in general bad at shoot men.

Which is funny, considering how often they seem to like shooting one another IRL. I would've thought that it's something you'd get better at, with practice :v:

Not sure if I've asked this in here already, but are there any AusGoons around, who want to R6 it up? Here I am on Steam, if so. (I'm also "MajorIsoor" on UPlay, minus quotes. drat no-space rules)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wow, pretty nice Star Wars mod you've got going, there! That blaster-bolt coming straight at you looks really good :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Its insanely useful if you clear the capture point and want to block roamers from coming in while you finish capping. Also his rifle owns.

Yeah, his incendiary bolts are amazing in Secure and Bomb modes, if you've got people (or the defuser) on-site. That and/or planted claymores really put a stop to any attempts made by the defenders to retake the objective.
(Had a game last night where I was in this situation and it went perfectly. Didn't think to save the shadowplay recording though, unfortunately. So far I've only remembered to record humorous moments that involve myself or another player screwing up horribly...which to be fair is most of the time anyway :v:)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Duggler posted:

So you blocked and deleted somebody and that is a failing of Uplay?

No, the issue with UPlay is that they're unable to unblock and re-friend the user after removing them from their friends list, like you can with basically every other gaming client ever made :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Can we just port operation metro into siege?

Wasn't that from Athena Sword, or something? I don't recall.
Either way, Presidio all the way! That map was great for good, fast-paced matches :getin:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sooo good! :D I've never had that happen to me, but I've come close a few times. Certainly not "pass one another in the hallway"-bad, though hahah

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Thought I might as well join the ShadowPlay club and post the video below, seeing as I actually remembered I have SP installed after pulling something not-poo poo off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhMqgpKvUuY

Not super fantastic, but I thought that x4 kill combo certainly makes a good comeback to the game, after not playing since right after Skull Rain came out! (Speaking of which, drat I love that FAL - such a powerful gun, in both damage and sound)
Also, are any Aussies on here? Wouldn't mind playing with goons.

EDIT: Oh, and in regards to the ingame chat, they're all going on about GTX 1080s, but I jokingly mentioned using an old Voodoo 3D card, which is what that guy was asking me about :haw:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 30, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

So apparently over the last few days I've been playing this and trying to use in-game mic the volume has been so low it's been totally inaudible to anyone that I've been trying to talk to. Even though I can load up audacity while the game is running and the volume is at the absolute perfect level and every single other voice chat program works fine except this one. Any one had the same issue? I tried googling but it's all non advice from a year ago.

I haven't had this issue myself, but a friend of mine has. From what he told me a while ago, apparently you can fix it by (after starting the game I believe) alt-tabbing and going into Control Panel > Sound > Recording (tab), then selecting your mic and going into the 'levels' tab. I think you can ignore the top slider, as there should be at least one other underneath that gets lowered.
Try having a fiddle and crank that/those up, and see if it improves at all. Letting another of my friends know about this has fixed it for them as well, so hopefully it will for you, too.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Thats good. The chicken legs are critical to my enjoyment of the game.

drat straight, they lead to fantastic replays and screenshot opportunities! :D (Also nice replay you posted, regarding that flash nade kill - I've had that happen once before with Valk's blackeye, but don't have footage of it, sadly)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just wait until the next patch when updated destruction model will make the glass on the shields penetrable.

And they'll make it so the shields themselves take damage like BB's mini-shield, and will only survive a few hits. Don't worry though, they'll allow shield operators to carry a second shield they can switch to, that is also only capable of resisting a few rounds :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

Also I got the bug where you break down a regular barricaded doorway and then it rubber bands you back through it every time you try to walk through glitch on airplane.

Just had this myself, entering the lower-/basement-level exit of plane. (on the starboard/right-hand side?) Very annoying, since I had never experienced it until now, and Valk got the jump on me while I tried running through it a couple of times. :saddowns:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

At least as long as they don't blow their loads on a clearly jammered or electrified wall. :argh:

It's even better when they try firing all three loads at indestructible walls, so all the thermite pellets just bounce off the wall around the room you're in...Then the Hibana player just looks around dumbly, at all the little pellets on the floor. :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ItheWelp87 posted:

Ding Chavez should have no recoil and 4 speed 3 armor

And his ability should be to call in his old mate Vega, who smashes in through the window Ding designates and proceeds to gun the hostiles down, with the top-difficulty AI wallhacks :getin:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 22, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Dammit Hard, stop making games of a quality sufficient enough to prompt me to buy it for my friends! :argh:
(Seriously though, aside from the slight overkill on interior/exterior lighting you guys have done a very good job. I really hope there's another 'tubular assault' style map like Plane though; either a vertical one like a skyscraper, or like, a small/narrow ship in a harbor)

EDIT:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Really the best thing you can do is ignore Clancy's books [...]

Hey now, that's not entirely fair; the Clark/Chavez books were quite good, without the overkill on political buildup, etc. Ones like Rainbow Six (of course), Without Remorse, Clear and Present Danger, as well as one or two others. (Bear and the Dragon maybe?)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 28, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jehde posted:

Spain: World Park (From the book.)
Hong Kong: Hospital (Hard Boiled)
Israel: Olympic Stadium (Munich 1972)
South Korea: Shopping Mall (Early prediction and fits the locale.)

I agree with this, mostly. I'm really hoping that the Spanish map is World Park as I love the R6 novel, but I'm sure it'll wind up being something else, much like my shattered hopes of the Brazil map being the eco-terrorist base/hideout in the amazon rainforest (which I knew at the time was a pipe-dream and that it would be favelas, but I can always hope).
It might wind up being the Barcelona Olympic Stadium (seeing as Israel doesn't seem like it's coming, now) instead, or perhaps a freight ship like someone else mentioned, I think.

Not 100% about South Korea's though, either - and I think Hong Kong also has a high chance of having an actual skyscraper as its map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Ularg posted:

I'm either not aggressive and always the last one alive and die embarrassingly, or I'm too aggressive and I'm the first to die embarrassingly.

I've found that one tactic is to identify the aforementioned overly-aggressive player on your team, then follow/shadow them (slightly farther back of course, so you don't get killed in the same burst!) during the assault on the objective, then just kill the people who attack the aggressive player. :v: Don't worry about whether they live or die, just take out everyone who attacks the decoy player, then just break off and perform your own plan, when things inevitably go south for your aggressive decoy!

• Locked thread