Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
This game is stupid loving garbage and I can't stop playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

RocketSurgeon posted:

Wow a 60 euro game trying to go up against CSGO, good luck!
Does it have a server browser/can you have custom servers or is it more like CoD?

The CS comparisons do this game a huge disservice and they won't really impede on each others player base at all past the initial month or so, I think.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dead Like Rev posted:

I breaching charged, killed a dude with it and then hurled an Ash launched breaching charge through the window into the closet on Mansion killing a second dude. I shed a tear of joy before bandit put a 12 gauge into my face.

The moment I had the realization to save Ash's grenades for internal work my kill count with them became a little stupid.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

I...I somehow never thought of that. Oh God when do the servers go online

Lemme blow your mind twelve ways to Sunday; they also have a small rear explosion radius that, while not usually fatal, will down someone if they're fetched up against it. It still does this if you bury it in a reinforced panel.

Orv
May 4, 2011

afkmacro posted:

Can you register that gmg key on steam by any chance?

GMG Ubisoft keys are always direct Uplay keys.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Renown bug still exists in this launch video game!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nope on both counts. Always compensate, always foregrip, never ACOG, laser at your discretion but other people can see it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pandaK posted:

what's wrong with acog, another goon specifically recommended that scope, have i been trolled

The ratio of Situations An ACOG Is The Right Choice/Useful vs Situations It Is Not is around 1,000:1. A holo will be sufficient at all ranges you might desire an ACOG at, unless you're rocking 20/100 or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Armor is some degree of damage soak, not sure of the exact numbers. Rook brings you up one armor level from what your character naturally is. Speed just is.

Orv
May 4, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Glaz also is quite good. It's like they purposely made no bad Russian operators. :tinfoil:

Tachanka's turret is basically a death trap that will sometimes get you one kill, and anyone who dies to a Kapkan trap is a certifiable retard. Their guns are really good at least.

Orv
May 4, 2011

AbortRetryFail posted:

If you put a Kapkan trap behind a barricade can they still see it? Might be ok behind barricades they expect to be in a 100% clear zone.

The spike is always visible on the other side no matter where you put it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

markgreyam posted:

Can you choose which t-hunt stuff to do solo? I'm just looping through solo t-hunts and sometimes I really just want a literal terrorist hunt, not any of the other "Hey let's attract every bad guy on the map to your location at once" game.

There seems to be a really low level of control over what you get to actually do in this game, you just get to pick MP or T-hunt and difficulty and that's about it. No level choice or number of enemies or anything else like that.

In the game options under Gameplay you can turn off modes for both MP and T-Hunt. You can also weight maps, but only the modes are completely turned off/on.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can't think of anywhere you could do that that would really impede someone from actually removing the trap, but Plane is such a labyrinthian hellhole that I'm probably not aware of some awful door.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fuze can be used in Hostage if you're responsible and aware of the map, but occasionally the game will just make a Fuze grenade go thermobaric and kill the hostage from a room away anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hollenhammer posted:

Added but i'm still downloading

Get on CTS while you do.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shields are useful as actual shields, covering other people while they shoot guys past you. They are no longer the one man slaughter machines they used to be, and that's fine.

Orv
May 4, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Oh man they used to be better? I never did get into the beta and i'll admit i'm used to shields the way they were in the past couple of Call of Duty games which is not really at all and pretty much just good for a laugh.

Pistols used to be perfectly accurate on the first shot if you were crouching and completely still. Hip shot mind you. Moving and standing they were still gross and horrifying, which meant one guy with a shield who was a good shot was wholly unstoppable unless you flanked him with multiple people. It's better this way.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Around half the cast on both ends are of questionable usefulness, but that's often because the things they counter are other abilities of questionable usefulness so they don't see much play. You'll never doom your team by picking IQ, Pulse, Twitch or one of the shield primary guys, so if you like their guns or their options don't feel bad for playing them. Sub-optimal in this is still perfectly capable of an ace or a perfect stalling action.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'll let you know if I ever have the presence of mind to commit acts of science while returning a grenade, much less doing so in the first place.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not saying you should shoot teammates in the feet if you've got a second with a Doc on your team, but there's nothing stopping you.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hm, I hadn't actually managed to convince anybody to try it, good to know.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Turning Record Threshold to 0 stops random mic bullshit.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey, sometimes maybe Ubisoft is alright, you know?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Profanity posted:

A kind of mythbusters-type video for Siege, some neat stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeQyk7G8-c

None of that stuff was in question.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

Glaz shooting through reinforcements is pretty loving weird and obscure - especially considering Tachanka can't.

It's weird but it's definitely a known quantity by now, like most stuff covered by video game Mythbusters videos.

To that point specifically, Glaz can shoot through a lot of stuff no-one else can. Most of the hardwood desks in the levels are hard cover against everything except Glaz, as well as a few other static environment pieces that crop up almost everywhere. On Plane, Glaz can shoot through some but not all of the exterior windows, meaning Glaz is an absolute terror on Plane with a good player. Just be aware that once he breaches a window it can be shoot through by other people.

Orv
May 4, 2011

kalstrams posted:

It basically boils down if you just want to dick around with guns or if you'd prefer mindfully playing instead.

You can play mindfully without dealing with people taking it too seriously or an hour long queue followed by an hour long match.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

pro tip: this poo poo does not work in ranked because the hostage does the terrorist hunt 'downed for revive' thing instead of instalosing you the match. You then get about a 30 second clock to revive the hostage before the match is over. Very fun when the CTs fuze the hostage and suddenly start breaching everywhere because they gotta go fast

It also works this way in casual, it's just fairly rare that someone doesn't unload into the hostages head.

Orv
May 4, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So if i set my matchmaking to exclude some maps am i being matched with other people that have the same settings or is the game just going to try to not put me in the maps/modes i excluded?

It just weights against those maps, it's not a total removal.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dead Like Rev posted:

I love that we've come up with the term wall banging

Old Source term, sorry.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Doctor_Acula posted:

You sure? I definitely got dropped to a "the host has disconnected" screen mid match last night. I thought the whole match was p2p.

So funny story about that, the game servers are technically an invisible 11th/-1th player in the game. A few times during beta when the games exploded it would show the host client dropping.

Orv
May 4, 2011

keyframe posted:

Tachanka is great on defense. A good Tachanka player can single handedly cover an approach leaving the rest of the team free to cover the other side and roam.

And then a man appears around a corner and you die because you're always at head height and there's maybe five MG placements on a map and one of them is occasionally useful. Tachanka is garbage.

Orv
May 4, 2011
FMG-9 supremacy anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I legitimately think the change from 5 to 2 seconds of outside detection time ruins a lot of really good options. Also, I think the patch actually made the game worse, as my percentage (and my groups) of bullshit "The gently caress was that?!" sort of deaths has gone way up.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Feeeeeebruary? :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stealthed Zombie posted:

We're getting new maps at some point too right?

One per two new operators, 4 and 8 total.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Bananana posted:

My first thought :

Weed?

No, but the MAC-11 has a weed skin.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Why does multiplayer PC matchmaking take upwards of 5 minutes? For real, what is going on?

Requeue if it takes more than one and a half or so.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Blackmjolnir posted:

Holy poo poo so many people playing as recruits and they're all terrible help me

#RecentlyLaunchedGameChristmasProblems

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Kapkan is absolutely viable it turns out, but he's still 50/50, map knowledge/luck, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mister Bup posted:

Aside from Montagne who else would people suggest for somebody who's new and wants to have some utility for his team while he's learning the map and shaking off his FPS rust? Been looking at Rook so I can hand out armor at least.

Rook, Thermite, Jaeger, Sledge.

All good shooting options, all easy, no muss no fuss no complicated tactics abilities. Just stick with your team and do what they ask for/tell you as Sledge and Thermite. Jaeger, place your traps to the sides of entrances to the defense room, but at angles where they can't be shot without the enemies exposing themselves. Rook, place armor, reinforce things, sit tight or gently caress off and roam.

• Locked thread