Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
edit: JWGW-LLQA-D6QA-CDQJ

here's my last code

enjoy

General Morden fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

BadLlama posted:

There is so much loving tking going on now wtf.

yeah goons are goin ham on each other like crazy

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i don't think it would be so bad to make a character counter another character, considering there are already a bunch of characters who deliberately counter each other

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

then cause it to stagger them (maybe they can't move while they're getting bombarded by the bullets from the MG) or get pushed back or something idk

it doesn't have to outright kill shields, it just has to have some sort of drawback of running into a room with a MG emplacement, with your shield up

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

someone should make an effort post regarding what weapons to pick and attachments to get, for all of the operatives

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

shotguns are actually fairly effective at medium range

they are good use them

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

shotguns will wreck anybody that peeks vs you

a single blast at close range will take out anyone, regardless of armor level

at about medium range (i'd say 3-4 character spaces away), you can usually kill a dude with 2-3 blasts. i've incapped lower armor dudes at medium range (chars like ash, etc.) with one blast at medium range

also due to the close range nature of most engagements in this game, i just prefer shotguns in a lot of circumstances

they're also really good if you're a good roamer and know the maps well because then you can just run and hide in an unexpected spot and take out like 2-3 people if they're clustered together

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

do not get mad if someone picks shotgun

in fact, pick shotgun and revolver if you can (doc)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

recruit with shield double grenades the new meta

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Hard posted:

Can't talk about current design of weapon modification and i'll never go into microtransaction territory. Sorry bud :)

K/Ds are being analysed like everything else in the game right now, it speaks quite more clearly than anything else tbh and while i can't share numbers, things could get adjusted accordingly based on said stats. The situation you described however seems super specific since Tachanka can have hit registration issues with his turret. It doesn't excuse anything but at least its a known issue..

Since were on the subject of shield users raking headshots with pinpoint accuracy without even being in full ADS.. well, enjoy it while it lasts.

About the trades, i think patch 1.2/3 introduced a bug in the health bar from the killcam panel where it doesn't accurately represent the amount of health left. We're investigating that. It doesn't help when it shows that the guy who took a few bullets before killing you is at 100% but then again your image shows a headshot which should have killed Blitzy. I dislike tossing this in the replication/tickrate/lag bucket but that might be the case.

i apparently headshot a Doc with Glaz's sniper rifle and while i clearly saw a blood splurt in first person and in the death cam when he killed me, it stated that he only took 25 damage

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Hard posted:

Monday morning are always fun :suicide:
Sorry if i didn't get to reply to everyone who had questions/suggestions but i can assure you that as usual i'm browsing through the thread and making sure everything is noted, flagged and sent to the right people. Also thanks to those who helped giving me repro steps for the various issues reported here.

Your vids are the best Gaga :sparkles:

__VVV Neato!
1. Did the bullets do actual damage aside from the bullet impact on materials? Like were you able to kill terros ?
2. You mentioned it happened to the other pubbie ( and no news on the 3-man squad?) but do you remember seeing any other players shooting for an abnormal amount of time?

just fyi, i've gotten stuck on breaching charges i've placed on reinforced ceiling covers as thermite

it's happened to me on chalet, 2nd floor, the ceiling cover above the bar area

i'm assuming that it is has to do with the breach charge acting as a physical object blocking movement, as it happened twice to me, as I tried to place it again and got stuck again

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

the super 90 says it's an effective breach tool

cool

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Zaodai posted:

It is remarkably satisfying to have someone call you a "pussy bitch" because you're both the last standing members of your respective teams and you hunker down behind the hostage with gas/C4 on the doors. He sent drones in to spot me, I shot them. He blew the ceiling, I didn't peek. Finally he steps around a corner, knowing full well I'm using the hostage as a shield, he hesitates and I blow his head off.

Yes, I am a huge coward. That's why I take hostages!

pussy bitch

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

yellowjournalism posted:

And the grip isn't a 50 renown tax? I sort of get constant-on lasers for shield users for the sake of balance but I think it's the dumbest thing on assault rifles. Every time I see someone try to snipe with a laser sight on their rifle I just :psyduck:

I personally would love to spend 200 renown just to have the drat thing attached to my rifle and turn it off for the whole round because it looks cool and gives me something to unlock.

Then again I am also the person that wishes there were flashlights in this game despite the risk of that being the worst thing ever so what do I know

if they worked like in BF tactical flashlights would be pretty good on shotguns/SMGs, so you can blind the gently caress out of people at close range

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

Woooooow :downs:

So this it how it feels to be patronized. I actually believed it would be a small bear trap. What I got now is a "Welcome" door mat. This has reached the point now where I am getting insulted by the devs. What's the thought process behind this descission? This game is clearly developed for single-cell organism.

gently caress you Ubisoft Montreal.

If that thing now can be destroyed, with three or less melee hits, I doubt there even is a thought process.

check this wicked sick post out

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Hard posted:

Was replying to Para who seemed really angry about a picture on the internet. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion really it's just hard to take seriously when it's voiced in such manners. I'm all love for SA though, if i want to punch my screen i'll go on the official ubi forums.

At the risk of sounding vague the dev viewpoint can be applied to a lot of other jobs out there. After working on something for so long you might start to lose focus and/or perspective. Theres hits and then theres misses, this is why the feedback of the community is so important. You guys will be your own judge soon :)

As from my personal point of view i'll be happy to discuss about it once the DLC goes live.

i hope you guys have been taking into consideration some of the changes that we've listed for some operatives (buff tachanka please)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i like the thought of placing a deployable shield in a doorway, with a welcome mat trap right behind it

hopefully you can do that

i also think welcome mats would be much stronger placed near windows, because it would force them to think about the possibility of landing on one when jumping in

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

whens the anime skins

come on siege devs pick up the slack

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

has anybody tested out whether or not the operator voice changes affects enemies hearing IQ and Pulse screaming out that they're using their special abilities

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

bug report: if you throw your drone straight up into the air, angled slightly, there's a chance that it will keep flying, until it hits a map boundary and then ends up in a place outside the map

so far, i've had this happen on oregon and clubhouse

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Plan Z posted:

The best glitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73hKtjC96Fc

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

anime skins would make them $$$$

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

when it boils down to it, IQ is really just "a gun"

she doesn't really offer anything new to the team but you simultaneously don't lose much, if she dies (in contrast to losing a thermite or thatcher)

she at least has 3 good guns, suited for all ranges and is a pretty good flanker (especially with the LMG equipped)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

don't know why you wouldn't pick jager on hostage

his poo poo can still stop flash and emp grenades

plus, he's like one of the best roamers on the defender side

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

how would you take out metal reinforced walls with mute jammers or bandit batteries on them then

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i wasn't aware the canadians and the japanese even had super cool counter-terrorist units

but then my knowledge of counter-terrorism units pretty much stems from counter strike so

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

good can't wait for the anime skins

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i'm surprised there isn't an attacker that hacks cameras yet

actually they should just give IQ that ability tbqh

General Morden fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 13, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

hey hard i keep dying can you fix the game so that doesn't happen

thanks

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

after a long hiatus of not playing this game i tried it out and got immediately owned

it was fun

thanks hard

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

press the shield melee button at the right time (QTE) to punt the explosive back at whoever threw it at you

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

can i get a link to the discord channel

all the old ones are dead

• Locked thread