Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Network code is good now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerkface posted:

I also forgot Kapkan, who has the choice of an auto shotty (great!) and his SMG had insanely good iron sights, so you dont need to splurge on a red dot.
Glaz also is quite good. It's like they purposely made no bad Russian operators. :tinfoil:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Orv posted:

Tachanka's turret is basically a death trap that will sometimes get you one kill, and anyone who dies to a Kapkan trap is a certifiable retard. Their guns are really good at least.
I agree, but premise that opponent is not great thus far proves to be rather reliable.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I think the servers are currently having a bit of a fit? People dropping from games left and right and i'm having trouble staying connected at all. Wasen't this way last night so maybe they are doing something to them?
Looks like it. I gave into buying the game and they swapped the beta servers back in so my friends went to sleep and I feel assfucked over $30.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tab8715 posted:

How's the latency?
Thus far not noticeable, at least playing from Sweden on WEU.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I suspect that there may be hitbox issues, but we can't know for sure until they show us them or until someone cracks the client open.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tab8715 posted:

Gross. Hopefully they'll increase the tickrate but this puts more strain on the servers.

Until then I'm not buying.
Tick rate unfortunately is not the holy grail of multiplayer issues, and packet inspection does suggest that it may not be the principal issue here.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captn Kurp posted:

This^

Works especially well in the Airplane level where its so linear they have no option but to disable or trigger it.
Problem is that you can destroy the deployable shield.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captn Kurp posted:

True, I don't know about you but if there's a deployable shield I don't worry about destroying it because explosives are limited and I'm not going to waste it on some shield in a doorway. I can confirm we got at least one person with this trick, happened on Airplane, I set up a shield in a doorway and someone put a trap behind it (not purposely trying to deceive the opponent afaik) and it ended up getting the last kill in the round.
I slightly misread your original post, no pretensions here until, and if, it becomes 'meta'. :tipshat:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Static Rook posted:

Okay, working my way through the Situations and, surprise surprise, I am very bad at this game. Got through the first two on Realistic, but then I had to bump it down to Normal for the next two. Not even going to attempt online yet. Kinda regretting unlocking Glaz since "long range" isn't really a big thing in this game. Also because I'm still bad.

Still having fun though. Just gotta adjust those twitch shooter instincts some more.
Beating anything on Realistic puts you above half of the playerbase, don't sweat it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

Trumodur_ can kill 10 people per match but refuses to pick up extra armor.
:perfect: considering the Eastern European sounding nickname.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

Shields are terrible.
You didn't see the closed beta.

CTS Shield Team Six. :911:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Oh man they used to be better? I never did get into the beta and i'll admit i'm used to shields the way they were in the past couple of Call of Duty games which is not really at all and pretty much just good for a laugh.
You used to just walk in and kill 5 guys with laser-sighted revolver. They had little options beyond nitro cells and toxic grenades.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

No one should care about reviews and ratings.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

And at one point (maybe still?) some companies were basing developer pay bonuses on metacritic scores and such IIRC.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.354393-Obsidian-Lost-Bonus-for-Fallout-New-Vegas-by-One-Metacritic-Point

quote:

"[Fallout: New Vegas] was a straight payment, no royalties, only a bonus if we got an 85+ on Metacritic, which we didn't," Avellone wrote. If you're a fan of New Vegas, or of people getting paid well for hard work, this admission is made more poignantly gloomy by the fact that it reached an 84, just one point away from the extra compensation. The bonus was likely a big deal for Obsidian, considering that the developer doesn't see one cent on a per sale basis.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dead Like Rev posted:

I could care less about reviews and meta titis rating I love the game ask anyone on CTS I've played with, which weirdly I don't think me and you have yet? Anyways having good reviews gets us more players because people, especially goons read that poo poo and play games based off of it.
I didn't claim that your (dis-)enjoyment with this, or any other games, is based on any reviews. That comment was more of flyby thought on the issue, addressing no one in particular, unless there are lurkers of a religious belief prohibiting to play games with non-perfect review scores. AS for whether if we have played, we're in each other's friend lists on Uplay, and we played in the early closed beta, together with SilentAlfa I believe.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

Link for the lazy?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

96 spacejam posted:

Are there any Operators to steer clear of or is everything pretty balanced?
There are no operators to steer clear of, strictly speaking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Has anyone checked happens if you throw enemy grenade back to hostage? I'd expect it to be a loss, but haven't had the occasion to test it out yet.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Keket posted:

God loving drat it, why the gently caress cant i rejoin a game i get dropped from.
It's a recognized issue.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's a rather cryptic way to rephrase whatever is your agenda, you'll have to try a few more times I think.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tab8715 posted:

If you que solo, are you matched against another team of solo que'd players?
No.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ektor posted:

I'm a game dev on R6 Siege.

So if you want to have your favorite exploit being fixed, send me a pm, I promise that I will personnally spank the right peoples to make it happening.
How do we know that your uncle does not work at Nintendo?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ethanol posted:

People were tasing me with a camera bot? How do I do this?
There is French GIGN attacker operator, Twitch. Her ability is to launch drones that can break traps and shock people.

Edit: v

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 7, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh, m'lady. :tipshat:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mine most played operators so far are Ash and Castle, but I have played just a few hours as of yet and I have unlocked just 5 operators total, since I can't find time to do the situations the way I want to do them, and since I prioritise getting all the guns the way I want over unlocking the operators.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gunder posted:

Lag switches are like unicorns: everyone's heard of them, but they don't actually exist.
They certainly do exist in games with client side hit registration.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liberatore posted:

Which shooters released in the past 10 years have full-on client side hitreg and not server-validated lag compensation?
ARMA 2, for example.

Edit: ARMA 3 too I think, but I have played it only briefly and in earlier stages.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 10, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gamesguy posted:

Who actually cares enough about arma to do this?
Script kiddies who play it, eh?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It basically boils down if you just want to dick around with guns or if you'd prefer mindfully playing instead.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Orv posted:

You can play mindfully without dealing with people taking it too seriously or an hour long queue followed by an hour long match.
Yes, but, in my experience, it is easier to meet other people who want to play mindfully when you play ranked. Since release I haven't spent more than 5 minutes in queueing for a ranked game, nor have I had matches longer than 25 or so minutes. Casual, on the other hand, very rarely delivers a satisfactory game since half of your and enemy teams are literally seeing game for the first time, while rest of the players refuse to communicate and leave the match once they die.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Ranked is full of insanely angry people. This is the only pvp game I play so I dunno how it compares to other games. I'm enjoying the game and it's weird to me how some people do something that makes them angry. Gamers!
This game has a very tame community insofar, in relative terms at least.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

Pretty sure me and my friends saw a guy using one of those weird spinny aimbots earlier. You'd see his killcam after he shot you and his view would be flipping all over the place at extremely high speed. Also he knew I was coming down the hall once while I was slow walking. Yeehaw.
There are cheaters since closed alpha.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Is this worth picking up on PC at this point? Is the community dead?
Yeah, a dozen of days was a formidable run for a PC game. KIA before the first patch arrived.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Are multiplayer games hosted on one of the participants computers or are they on uplay servers? T hunt seems to be hosted from the party leaders comp.
Multiplayer games, as noted above, are hosted on Ubisoft's servers. The voice communication, however, is hosted on one of the players.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liberatore posted:

The prices have gone up a bit but you can still find NVIDIA codes for it for anywhere from $25 to $40.
That's the way I did it, $32 for a Nvidia region free code. It's somewhat annoying to have it outside Steam, but $32 though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ChickenWyngz posted:

Game Journos and multiplayer games never get along.
It's because most gaming yournalists won't spend more than a few hours per game, hence they have cow eyes and absolute lack of understanding.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ChickenWyngz posted:

The next time u alone with bae, look her straight in the eyes:

"Insertion in 10 seconds"

"Insertion in 5 seconds"

"Proceed to bio hazard container"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

I unlocked Montagne early, and regretted it. Blitz gets the flashbang shield, Fuze gets the option to not take his shield at all if you just want his gadget and more guns. But Montagne... I don't get him. All he can do is make himself into a wall that can't even shoot.

Help me out here, explain to me why people would choose this operator, and how he would be useful. So far I only play terrorist hunt, and I imagine he's more a PVP thing, but I cannot see any reason to ever take this dude.
He turns shield on and walks into the room, rest shoots from behind. Easy victory.

Montagne is easily the best of shield operators for PvP.

• Locked thread